Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wouldn't describe the final 3 foot drop to rock bottom all that far imo.

Unless you're comparing them to their 90's days.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Well, as far as I know, Capcom started this with RE5 which had multiplayer locked out until you payed to unlock it.
    Looks like the sales of that game showed that people don't care if stuff is locked on the disc.
    What if they start to lock out more stuff in future game? Not because they need the money, only because they can, and people will still buy it?
    Like for example you buy Street Fighter Foxtrot Uniform Warriors Nightmare XI and half of the fighters are on the disc are locked out forcing you to pay more just to get the full game.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 04-06-2012 at 17:28.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Forum Sage

The companies that keep doing this are going to eventually force people like me to seriously consider pirating.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    DLC shouldn't exist. most of it is pretty worthless, greedy assholes. great games certainly do not need it. now if they release expansion packs say, for Skyrim, and it's lengthy. i will happily give them my presidential flashcards. but paying monies for a stupid map, is worthless, it's not like the economy is booming

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

5. Likes HellsJester , Ghost likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    o capcom you're really pushing your luck.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Would everyone rather they make you download it from the PS Store so you have to wait for it to download? This is a much faster way for them to sell DLC. It was never going to be part of the retail disc. All the complaining will only make Capcom make you download the full DLC from the PS Store instead of a simple 100kb unlock key.

Personally, I would rather download a 100kb key instead of waiting for the full DLC to download. Either way, it was always meant to be DLC.
    What bull$#@! logic is this? Its on the disc already, which means it is part of the thing you have already paid for. Next thing they'll start making you pay to progress through a game's storyline.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

8. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Well, as far as I know, Capcom started this with RE5 which had multiplayer locked out until you payed to unlock it.
    Looks like the sales of that game showed that people don't care if stuff is locked on the disc.
    What if they start to lock out more stuff in future game? Not because they need the money, only because they can, and people will still buy it?
    Like for example you buy Street Fighter Foxtrot Uniform Warriors Nightmare XI and half of the fighters are on the disc but locked out forcing you to pay more just to get the full game.
    I got re 5 the first month and the multiplayer came a couple months after that. They didn't advertise the dlc until a bit before it released. Ibought it thinking it was a full download but when ifound out it was ondisc I was pissed.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Yeah ok Capcom whatever you say...

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, the practice of dlc is ok. I don't agree with it being on the disc. I wonder if capcom sees any distinction between me buying the game vs not buying the game.
    The practice of DLC being available when the game is released is the problem. Would you rather have the content be available on the store rather than on the disc at the game's release? That would change absolutely nothing.
    The problem, and I will repeat until people understand, is that they planned to release an unfinished game with DLC in the future. Whether it is on the disc or not does not mean much.
    I agree with you that Capcom should quickly figure out the distinction beteen consumers buying their sh*t or not. Buying these types of games is rewarding bad development.

Master Guru
    If the content is already on the disc and they charge for it as DLC that's just money grabbing. Finish a game, release it and then work on the DLC. If it's already done then just include it in the original release. Nothing wrong with charging for DLC but at least make it believable like it's an actual add on.

Thread Information