Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Probably in Europe but not in the States, they still expensive as fok lol.
    HAH. You think you have it hard try paying $80-90 US for every brand new release

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Just head over to amazon and shopto and u will see what im on about!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Only game I have bought on release for a long time was uncharted 3 and that was a bargain at 45 with 20 PSN voucher so in theory only 25 for UC3.

I haven't bought any game over 25 in months. BF3, FIFA 12, Saints Row 3 and more and some even less than 20. Even SSX is at 21 delivered and Twisted metal.

Whether its down to sales, online/supermarket price wars or anything else I'm not really fussed as its good for us but I haven't ever known games drop in price so quick. Unless if you are absolutely desperate to play something on release day then holding out for afew days works to save some cash is definitely worth it.
    I've got that many games in the wrapper that even where there is a new release I've got enough to tide me over until the inevitable price drop

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    drop the prices to begin with damnit, they'd sell much more if they were cheaper

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

5. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    drop the prices to begin with damnit, they'd sell much more if they were cheaper
    This. Brand new games now should be 29.99, no more, especially in times like these.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I've noticed this as well, FFXIII-2 is only 20, that game must of bombed, in England at least.
    I rent my games from Lovefilm anyway.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I bought Batman Arkham City for around $30-$35 online but Revelations was higher.

In stores like wal mart, the prices are still $60 for brand new.
    As for why prices are dropping, it could be due to the economy.
    Even back in the PS1 and PS2 era, prices didn't drop like this.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage

Personally, I think it's because the video games market is about to crash. (I'm hoping it's the case.) With all these corporations screwing the consumer at every turn, consumers are waking up to the fact that most games aren't worth the 50-60 dollars or euros these corporations are charging.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    kinda off topic but have you guys noticed games cost 10 dollars more each gen i remember in the ps2,xbox,gamecube era it was like 50 bucks and the ps1 era was like 30 now its 60

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    HAH. You think you have it hard try paying $80-90 US for every brand new release
    Wow that's outrageous! I guess $60 ain't that bad when compared to what you have to pay for a game. And yeah I totally agree with some of your are saying about the games being cheaper, that would prompt people to buy more games and even though I don't buy used games, if I did I would prefer paying $30 tops for a brand new game then $15-20 for a used one.

Super Elite
    Video games are getting more popular so the publishers can probably afford to sell games at these prices.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Elite Member

There are just too many games out there. The big releases come out during the holidays and overshadow the smaller games .

The smaller games are forced to be released during inopportune times thus squelching sales.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Don't know about games costing more each gen. My N64 games have 54.99 and 59.99 stickers on them from electronics boutique (Game) and I would not even dream about paying that now, 1 even has 64.99. I'd almost expect 3 at that price now days.

PSN ID
    theterminater
    has both consoles reached their prime then? and with the wii u being the first next gen, already. technology is just trying to keep up with the times.... were we not supposed to have hovercrafts here in the year 2012- at least that was a huge speculation! nonetheless we may be in another consoles' transition

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    kinda off topic but have you guys noticed games cost 10 dollars more each gen i remember in the ps2,xbox,gamecube era it was like 50 bucks and the ps1 era was like 30 now its 60
    They have been around the same price for years in England back in the megadrive days I paid 40 for Mortal Kombat 3 I remember Sreetfigher was closer to 60 and Virtua racing was around 70 which I do own but bought it second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Don't know about games costing more each gen. My N64 games have 54.99 and 59.99 stickers on them from electronics boutique (Game) and I would not even dream about paying that now, 1 even has 64.99. I'd almost expect 3 at that price now days.
    Nintendo games were always more expensive for some reason.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-11-2012 at 20:41.

Thread Information