I agree with your points, but 3D isn't even finding a massive audience in home theater, gaming even less, mostly due to the costs involved with outfitting people with glasses and whatnot.
I agree it is a cool feature, but I don't think it is the "future" of gaming. I think there are other avenues where gaming will be advanced and 3D isn't it.
Results 26 to 33 of 33
Thread: Playstation 4 Interactive 3D
Other ways, cheaper for the consumer, to immerse are:
- better force feedback
- as you said, audio - positional
- better resolution to bring out much higher res (more accurate to real life) textures
- ability to run in higher than 1080p
- accurate, believable physics - elasticity, degradations, structural collapse, etc.. all modeled realistically. So far most physics based games are not universally presented as such, more so, situationally.
- more interactive environments. - yes, 3d can enhance this no denying, but truly having an all inclusive, fully interactive area doesn't NEED 3D to become believable.
There are plenty of ways outside of 3D to advance immersion in gaming. And IMO, should be done well before 3D.LMAO
04-10-2012 #29Soldier 95BGuest
Oh hello 2007 Wii demo.
Bring it. The more options, the better.
It is a similar step with 3D. Whenever I play AC: Revelations sometimes I perch somewhere and switch my glasses off, and all the objects in the game, the buildings, people etc all look like paper cut outs arranged on screen. Of course it still looks excellent, but it looks soooo much better (imho) with the depth perception afforded by 3D. It just looks more natural to me. We don't see our world in 2D, so why should we perceive our game world that way? Have you have the chance to play Uncharted 3, AC: Revelations or Batman: AC on a decent 3D TV by any chance?
No... i haven't done 3D gaming. Mostly because I don't want to, but also because at present a decent setup is more than I can handle since I have twin 4 yr olds.
I am not slagging the feature, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it is as relevant to gaming as other things in terms of advancing gaming.
I am sure it is cool and fun to use though!LMAO
04-10-2012 #32Soldier 95BGuest
For me, the biggest advancement I would like to see is substantially improved AI.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)