Thread: New Consoles

Veteran

New Consoles

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ne...-mega64/728877

I love this video.

It really shows how far gaming has fallen. People used to be excited about new systems and their coming abilities. Now it is dread.

Sad, sad, sad.....

2. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    So true, so true. Although I think it is a bit dramatic to say that is illustrates "how far gaming has fallen". There may be some online passes and a few unnecessary additions and restrictions made over the years, but there are still plenty of fantastic games coming out.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

4. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    hahaa, that was great. Shows just how greedy we consumers have gotten.

Tacos Rule!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Gamers became more spoiled with the introduction of a faster internet and the leaked info we get from time to time.

Back in the 1999 or even up to 2003-04 i was getting more and more excited that more games are coming out on the pc or the PS2, they were all great to me. Now games are offering less and less content for a higher price! it makes no sense at all to me!

Veteran
    jad·ed/ˈjādid/
    Adjective:
    Tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something.

jade (2)
    3. to make or become dull, worn-out, or weary, as from overwork or overuse.
    Origin:
    1350–1400; Middle English; of obscure origin
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Dedicated Member

Well, as consumers, we just have to learn to be more selective in our purchases. I for one ususally get my moneys worth from any games I buy. For example, If I purchase a game like MW3, I know what I'm getting. The same goes for other games like a GTA or Elder scrolls, or Dark Souls. In other words, we can usually figure out how the game will play by watching trailers and reviews etc. Unlike back in the day when you looked at the box, read the description, and maybe heard through word of mouth that this game was good and that game was garbage. Also, because I have Gamefly, I very rarely don't know what I'm getting into. If it stinks, send it back. I wouldn't say gaming has "fallen" though! Have a nice Easter everyone (If you celebrate it!).

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    I was excited about gaming back in 1998 and 99 like these guys were. Didn't have the Internet back then to read all the different reviews and articles on current and future games.....lol at me I went out and bought all gaming magazines each month and call up friends to ask have they heard any new information. Well too days gamers have been spoiled not even thankful for the things and technology we currently have.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

10. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Guru
    Ah the internet. The ultimate double edged sword. Great for a lot of things. Terrible for others.

The internet ruined gaming to an extent. People would rather rage fanboy wars than actually play their games.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by kiambutoo View Post
    Now games are offering less and less content for a higher price! it makes no sense at all to me!
    This is a favorite catch phrase used today to $#@! about games today. But I call BS on it. You can always pull out an arguement with a few exceptions that demonstrate this, but to counter that there's a few exceptions every generation including our current one that offers more content. The higher price is called inflation and development cost. Significantly more work goes into making todays games than the games of the past. Keep that in mind too.

Go back and play those games of yesteryear and tell me with a straight face that they really offered more content.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Go back and play those games of yesteryear and tell me with a straight face that they really offered more content.
    I'll do that... and done! Games today are flashier and that's it, on average you got a LOT more for your $$$ with older games, arguing this is foolish. If you prefer modern games for what they offer that's perfectly fine but to actually think or try to argue you get more or even equal content in todays games is laughable.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I put over 1000 hours into Fallout 3. I never got that much gaming out of any previous game from any gen. It's all pretty subjective anyway cause games are built for different experiences. Skyrim is multi hundred hour game, Uncharted 3, 10-12. That doesn't mean youre getting any less bang for your buck.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    To be honest, i am not excited for new consoles anymore. Because the excitement factor has dryed up for me
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I put over 1000 hours into Fallout 3. I never got that much gaming out of any previous game from any gen. It's all pretty subjective anyway cause games are built for different experiences. Skyrim is multi hundred hour game, Uncharted 3, 10-12. That doesn't mean youre getting any less bang for your buck.
    Really? I think the opposite, the more hours a game has to offer is much better IMO. I didn't pick up Uncharted 3, but I got F3GOTY and FNVUE all on day 1.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Meh, for me The only reason games from prior gen lasted longer then this gen is because local multiplayer. Now everything is sp and every time me and friends or me and the gf wanna play something together we can't. Which means right after i beat it, it becomes useless.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    I'll do that... and done! Games today are flashier and that's it, on average you got a LOT more for your $$$ with older games, arguing this is foolish. If you prefer modern games for what they offer that's perfectly fine but to actually think or try to argue you get more or even equal content in todays games is laughable.
    Today's games do offer about equal or more content then older games.

even if now games are cost more $$$ now are more better with better quality

Thread Information