Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    To be fair they've created a few new ones lately as well as bring back some older franchises and making some sequels to other games (Luigi's Mansion 2).
    Yeah, but when you have people (even on this forum) saying they would be content buying a U for just HD iterations of classic Nintendo ip's/franchises, you shouldn't be surprised when nintendo continues down that same path.

That is a (negative) byproduct of making a console that is profitable from day 1, you don't have to listen to the market/consumers as much regarding games/software.

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the games will be native 1080p. Atleast thats what the devs make it sound like
    I'm doubting that. Maybe a few games will tout the 1080p experience, but a majority will be 720p.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Dedicated Member
    To be fair they've created a few new ones lately as well as bring back some older franchises and making some sequels to other games (Luigi's Mansion 2).
    C'mon man, let's be real honest with outselves here. Luigi's Mansion is NOT new franchise. It's a spinoff mario title. Now it IS very different the the traditional Mario platformers but Luigi is basically a byproduct from the mario world.

Master Poster
    Nintendo should make a new dance game. Call it "Is your body ready?" and feature Reggie Fils-Aime as the narrator. The cover art could look a little something like this:

PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    C'mon man, let's be real honest with outselves here. Luigi's Mansion is NOT new franchise. It's a spinoff mario title. Now it IS very different the the traditional Mario platformers but Luigi is basically a byproduct from the mario world.
    I didn't say it was a new franchise, but it is something that, knowing Nintendo, wouldve had dozens of sequels by now, but it hasn't, its just gotten a sequel after 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage

Dear Ninendo,

Show me a HD Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and a few of the Mario games, especially a SSB and Mario Kart and you will have my money waiting for you.

Yours Faithfully,

BBK.

---
    I understand i'm part of the problem of buying anything they put out but unlike most companies near enough everything Nintendo put out, even if it is "just another rehash", is full of quality. I'm not fussed about the Wii-U not being a powerhouse and yeah, i know i give the 360/PS3 a hard time for not being graphically impressive anymore but i have double standards when it comes to Nintendo because it's never been a company about MOAR POWAH.

7. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    lol i would probably buy the Wii U just for Mario games

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Dear Ninendo, Show me a HD Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and a few of the Mario games, especially a SSB and Mario Kart and you will have my money waiting for you.Yours Faithfully, BBK. ---I understand i'm part of the problem of buying anything they put out but unlike most companies near enough everything Nintendo put out, even if it is "just another rehash", is full of quality. I'm not fussed about the Wii-U not being a powerhouse and yeah, i know i give the 360/PS3 a hard time for not being graphically impressive anymore but i have double standards when it comes to Nintendo because it's never been a company about MOAR POWAH.
    Well see the thing about it is, I'm totally with you in wanting to play Mario, Metroid, and Zelda over and over again in better graphics. Ima big fan of those titles as well! I just wish there were like 3 other major titles Nintendo could cook up with as much quality, depth, and polish as those franchises. Something actually NEW to look forward too.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I don't know...$300 seems a bit too much for a console that is only as powerful as the current gen consoles..also the fact that the general public seem to be growing out of the awkward gimmicky controller phase.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Dear Ninendo,

Show me a HD Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and a few of the Mario games, especially a SSB and Mario Kart and you will have my money waiting for you.

Yours Faithfully,

BBK.

---
    I understand i'm part of the problem of buying anything they put out but unlike most companies near enough everything Nintendo put out, even if it is "just another rehash", is full of quality. I'm not fussed about the Wii-U not being a powerhouse and yeah, i know i give the 360/PS3 a hard time for not being graphically impressive anymore but i have double standards when it comes to Nintendo because it's never been a company about MOAR POWAH.
    I feel the same way! 9 times out of 10, they are going to be of top quality. To me, Zelda, Smash, Mario, and Metroid are reasons to own a Nintendo system. New IPs and third party are just extras. Now don't get me wrong. It's not like I don't buy anything else. I think I bought more third party than first with the Wii. But I think those first party games, knowing a few other third party games are going to be must buy, are enough to justify my purchase.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Gimme Pikmin 3

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I don't know...$300 seems a bit too much for a console that is only as powerful as the current gen consoles..also the fact that the general public seem to be growing out of the awkward gimmicky controller phase.
    It's going to be more powerful than the ps3 and 360. Not a huge increase, but it will exist.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    It's going to be more powerful than the ps3 and 360. Not a huge increase, but it will exist.
    and then there are features and games that justify the price as well...I think they should release it at $249.

They're probably just skimming off the top...they'll lower the price before next E3.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and then there are features and games that justify the price as well...I think they should release it at $249.

They're probably just skimming off the top...they'll lower the price before next E3.
    They won't make money off of it at $249.99. Perhaps at 279.99, but at that point they might as well make it $299.99.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    They won't make money off of it at $249.99. Perhaps at 279.99, but at that point they might as well make it $299.99.
    Do we know how much the device costs? I agree with your post though. It will definitely sell at $299, being a new device, it will have appeal over the older ones...but then they are at their golden age and they have plethora of features and games...it'll still be tough after the first couple of months to sell the console...unless of course they come out with amazing software.

Forum Sage
    Do we know how much the device costs? I agree with your post though. It will definitely sell at $299, being a new device, it will have appeal over the older ones...but then they are at their golden age and they have plethora of features and games...it'll still be tough after the first couple of months to sell the console...unless of course they come out with amazing software.
    The estimates put the hardware at ~$180 and controller at ~$40. So $249.99 would be cutting it too close.

Extreme Poster
    I'm skeptical to how they've managed to come up with something that was more powerful than the 360/PS3.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I can see it being just as powerful but not better imo

Extreme Poster
    I would be thoroughly surprised if it is even as powerful.

I mean, GC was supposed to be as powerful as the Xbox but we all know it wasn't.

Friendship is Carrots
    I'm skeptical to how they've managed to come up with something that was more powerful than the 360/PS3.
    Hardware has advanced a fair amount since 2005/2006. You can derive just as much or more processing power now for a cheaper price than before with new architecture and means of manufacture that wasn't available over half a decade ago.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Hardware has advanced a fair amount since 2005/2006. You can derive just as much or more processing power now for a cheaper price than before with new architecture and means of manufacture that wasn't available over half a decade ago.
    Well of course but this is Nintendo...and we know that the other two consoles were built with many bells and whistles when it comes to the hardware.

Now looking at their new course, I can't help but be a bit skeptical. I did read an article where a dev mentioned that it wasn't as powerful.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Well of course but this is Nintendo...and we know that the other two consoles were built with many bells and whistles when it comes to the hardware.

Now looking at their new course, I can't help but be a bit skeptical. I did read an article where a dev mentioned that it wasn't as powerful.
    I've only seen "anonymous developers" claim it's weaker, while I know Gearbox, and I think a few other devs, have said otherwise.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Extreme Poster
    Hmm, it'll be interesting to see this.

Thread Information