Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    /headdesk

The Playstation Division isn't bleeding chips. How hard is that to understand?
    Previous iterations of the Playstation have sold more than twice as many units as the XBox 360 has.

What's the malfunction?

Calling a spade a spade. You guys simply won't rest until Playstation is irrelevant, will you? Other than cross-game chat (which is guaranteed to be in PS4), what has doubling the cost of the 360 since launch day gotten you? Peer-to-peer online play? Is this what you're selling us?

Here's a fact you cannot dispute. I didn't think I'd need to nuke this conversation because I was told this thread would be on track. But, here you go:

Still think anyone outside of the current Live userbase are up for this? Heaven help you if you do, now. It's even free on PC and they can't get people on-board. Everyone's worried that they'll switch up to a paid online model again.. On top of it's features being largely useless in the first place.
    No offense, but everyone else here seems to be just discussing what Sony most likely needs to do to stay profitable, and hence relevants next generation but you seem to be taking it personally and getting angry. I use my PS3 a ton, but in terms on online experience Xbox Live is far superior, in almost every way actually. Oh, I also game a ton on pc and when me and my friends play BF3 on pc we actually start a party on Xbox Live to chat as it's just so stable and functional. Maybe you should just discuss the facts and not be so defensive.

On topic, I do like PSN+ a lot. As a hardcore gamer I feel like it's well worth the price, especially months like this month where I get Shift 2, a title that I wanted to play but just skipped, for free. If they continue offering such free titles and discounts next gen but just add online gaming to the package I don't think anyone would complain AS LONG as they offer a comparable experience to what Microsoft offers which this gen it defenitely is not.

Btw, Live on pc and Live on 360 are FAR from the same thing. The reason it's so successful on console is it's ease of use. You turn on a controller, plug in a headset and you're done. On PC it's essentially just as difficult to use as any other pc centric chat program. I'm guessing you don't game on pc or 360 as this is pretty common sense type stuff.
    Last edited by Endgame77; 05-01-2012 at 03:49.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endgame77 View Post
    No offense, but everyone else here seems to be just discussing what Sony most likely needs to do to stay profitable, and hence relevants next generation but you seem to be taking it personally and getting angry. I use my PS3 a ton, but in terms on online experience Xbox Live is far superior, in almost every way actually. Oh, I also game a ton on pc and when me and my friends play BF3 on pc we actually start a party on Xbox Live to chat as it's just so stable and functional. Maybe you should just discuss the facts and not be so defensive.

On topic, I do like PSN+ a lot. As a hardcore gamer I feel like it's well worth the price, especially months like this month where I get Shift 2, a title that I wanted to play but just skipped, for free. If they continue offering such free titles and discounts next gen but just add online gaming to the package I don't think anyone would complain AS LONG as they offer a comparable experience to what Microsoft offers which this gen it defenitely is not.

Btw, Live on pc and Live on 360 are FAR from the same thing. The reason it's so successful on console is it's ease of use. You turn on a controller, plug in a headset and you're done. On PC it's essentially just as difficult to use as any other pc centric chat program. I'm guessing you don't game on pc or 360 as this is pretty common sense type stuff.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I love the PS3. It has great games and does a lot of things right. When it comes to ease of use though, MS nailed it with the 360.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thread Information