Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

New York Cop saves Suicidal Women

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...erys-life.html

She may not have been in his jurisdiction, but that didn't stop a New York police officer from a quest to rescue a dying woman.

Flight attendant Averie Kenery was staying in a New York apartment Sunday when she took a bottle of pills in an attempt to take her own life.

Before passing out, Ms Kenery called her mother and husband in Hawaii, asking them to 'tell my kids I love them.'

SAVED: Flight attendant Averie Kenery, would have died if a hero New York police detective didn't rush to save her, the woman's mother said

With her daughter still on the line, Beth Walz called 911, but since she didnít know the New York address, the operator had nowhere to send help.

Frantic, Mrs Walz began calling individual police stations in Queens to find anyone who could be close to her daughter's location.

After several calls, she reached Detective Charles Lopresti, who said he would try to find the woman.

Mrs Walz told the New York Daily News: 'He entertained my call. Here we are thousands and thousands of miles away, but he listened to us.'

Mr Lopresti set out to the cross streets given by the mother and rang doorbells - until her saw a flight attendant walk out of a nearby apartment.

He entered that building and began to blindly knock on doors, until a colleague from his precinct called.

'He listened to us': Det Charles Lopresti was led to this intersection in Queens by Averie Kenery's distraught mother, and began knocking on doors to find her

Mrs Walz, who still had her daughter on the line, could hear the detective calling her name, and knew he was close.

The mother exclaimed: 'She's there! We hear you!'

When Mr Lopresti still couldnít find the woman after breaking down the door of an apartment, Mrs Walz tried to call her daughter again.

Her cell phone ringtone led the officer to Ms Kenery, who had fallen between the bed and a wall and was covered with a sheet.

After falling into a coma for four days at a nearby hospital, the woman awakened and is expected to fully recover.

Mrs Walz said she is grateful for the police who had 'the heart' to find her daughter and save her life.

She said: 'They will forever be angels to us.'

Good for that cop saving lives. I am glad there are so many good cops out there doing their job, or in this case going beyond.

I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    That's good for the parents but what does the lady do now? Be under close watch for a little then get sent home again. Sad.

And btw cops are bad remember

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    She'll probably be evaluated for 30 days at a mental hospital, and then sent home once she is deemed "over it". Rinse repeat.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    That's why i wouldn't want to do the job.
    I'd be pissed if i had to deal with the same people over and over again (like arresting the same guy every few weeks)...so frustrating.

Guess that's just the way it goes... kudos for the effort.

Thread Information