Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Crysis 2 was sweet.

I wish Crytek would hold off on Crysis 3 until next generation though. How much better looking can it be than Crysis 2 was on these consoles?

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just been made official.

Crytek Takes Aim with Crysis 3 – The First Blockbuster Shooter of 2013
    Fight in the New York ‘Liberty Dome’, Exploit Seven Natural Wonders and Wield Advanced Alien Weaponry in the Ultimate Sandbox Shooter

Pre-order the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition for Early Access to the New Crysis 3 Signature Bow and XP Boost in Multiplayer*

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The hunted becomes the hunter! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) and award-winning developer Crytek GmbH, today announced Crysis® 3, the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013. Powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE®, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.
    “Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

.“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love,” said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. “Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.

Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis® 3 Hunter Edition* today. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style**. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for $59.99.

In addition to receiving the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks:

•Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.

•Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.

•Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Developed by Crytek and powered by the proprietary cutting edge CryENGINE technology, Crysis 3 will be available spring 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. For more information on Crysis 3, please visit www.crysis.ea.com, and for the latest news visit www.facebook.com/crysis or follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/crysis. Press assets for Crysis 3 are available at www.info.ea.com.

*Offer available while stocks last.

**Conditions and restrictions apply. See www.crysis.ea.com/preorder for details.
    Dat plot....
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

3. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage

Take my money EA.

I don't like the fact they have Pre-order bonuses thought up already though. Storyline seems far fected though

Enjoyed the other two and the story line looks decent enough. Now hopefully EA doesn't screw it up.
    Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2
    -- TigerDirect Coupons

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Sounds good but I want nomad and psycho back lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

7. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude

Leaked Crysis3 Screen Shot -Crytek says it's fake-

Update: Tiago Sousa, Principle R&D Graphics Programmer at Crytek, has claimedq the leaked screen shot to be “some fake fan image.” Looks like we’ll have to wait for Crytek’s big announcement for official confirmation.

Original Story: Only a few days ago, the boxart for Crytek’s upcoming AAA shooter sequel, Crysis 3, was leaked to the public. Today, we catch an even better glimpse at the protagonist, the setting and the enemies that players will be facing in this direct sequel to 2011′s Crysis 2.

Check out this image below of our main nanosuit-wearing protagonist facing what seems to be a new alien threat in the overgrown, post-apocalyptic streets of New York City.

As I walk through the shadow in the valley of death... crap, one way street.

For those who’ve missed it, from now until 12pm GMT tomorrow, April 16th, Crysis 2 players across all platforms still have the chance to scoop up some double XP in Crysis 2′s multiplayer.

Right on the heels of this double XP event, Crytek is set to officially announce their next AAA FPS tomorrow as well. Stay tuned to MP1st on Twitter and Facebook for more Crysis 3 coverage!

What do you guys think about the setting and enemies so far? Let’s hear your thoughts in the comments below.

Thanks, InCrysis
    Link to the box art for all formats http://www.gamedemption.com/3037/cry...-art-released/
    Link: http://mp1st.com/2012/04/15/leaked-c...g-and-enemies/
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-16-2012 at 17:24.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    woot... enjoyed crysis so far, so this shouldn't be any different.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    When i read it was NYC again i instantly thought it would another fail with the $#@!ty setting but seeing how it will be a mixture of a city and swamps, rivers and large trees makes it actually sound very interesting. I just hope it's large and open, if they follow the same style as CRYSIS 2 then I expect the game to be very very similar to C2 and another pass.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    sorry...

Update: Tiago Sousa, Principle R&D Graphics Programmer at Crytek, has claimed the leaked screen shot to be “some fake fan image.” Looks like we’ll have to wait for Crytek’s big announcement for official confirmation.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Yeah the non-sandbox type feel in Crysis 2 and the was what went wrong, imo.

But Crysis 3 looks like it's gonna fix that
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Instead of closing the thread I will just edit the title so it is not misleading. Also cleaned up the OP
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-16-2012 at 17:25.

Ultimate Veteran

First look at Crysis 3, arrives in Spring 2013

Electronic Arts announced this morning that Crysis 3, which leaked into existence last week on the publisher's Origin service, will arrive in the spring of 2013. The "sandbox shooter" will be set in 2047, inside a rainforest created by New York City being under a dome. This "Liberty Dome" will have "seven distinct and treacherous environments." The narrative will feature your standard revenge scenario with corporate conspiracy and back-stabbing going on.

In case you can't resist a company earning interest on your money for a year, Crysis 3 is available now for pre-order. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition includes the Hunter Nanosuit module and a bonus XP boost up to level 5 in the game's multiplayer -- that we know nothing about. It's available on Origin.com and participating retailers (which have other varied bonuses) for $59.99. Think of it as corporate Kickstarter.
    Source

Sounds interesting.

Also, our first look at Crysis 3:

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-16-2012 at 19:41.

Forum Sage

I hope they build this for the PC first and consoles second otherwise it'll be Crysis 2.5. Lets hope they have the DX11 and High resolution texture pack out of the gate this time too

16. Likes LfCpS3, gangsta_795 likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Haha, now it's a jungle and urban jungle combined.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

[CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Friendship is Carrots
    It's easy to look good when the image resolution is that of a standard-definition television.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    $#@! the eyecandy. The gameplay is what I'm concerned about with the crysis series.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    CryEngine 3.4 looks amazing. I cant wait to make my computer cry under max settings.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I'm not sure. I could merge the threads if you want but this thread was initially made to share the release date and some plot details.

Ultimate Veteran
    Nevermind. I just saw Nuvian's thread. I'll merge it with his thread instead.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Nevermind. I just saw Nuvian's thread. I'll merge it with his thread instead.
    Cheers, updated the main post.

The hunted becomes the hunter in the CryEngine-powered open-world shooter Crysis 3! Players take on the role of 'Prophet' as he returns to New York in the year in 2047, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution.

Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: Crytek Studios
    Release Date: Spring 2013

Last edited by Nuvian; 04-16-2012 at 21:58.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Please tell me that this time they are going to spend a lot more time on developing proper netcode.
    Crysis 2 and Bioshock 2 have the worst net code I have ever seen on consoles with hit detection ranging from passable to almost nonexistent.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Super Elite
    From what I've of played Crysis 2, I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact that it was up to you to plot how the shoot-outs took place; it was a nice change of pace from other console shooters. Everything else in the genre seems to toss you into a rigorously plotted corridor, where C2 put you in a box of opportunity and said: "Go!" Pretty as hell, too. I'll give this one a whirl when it shows up.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Crysis 3 isn’t the end of Franchise – New Details confirm Side Missions, New Nano-Suit Powers, Pyscho is Back!
    New Crysis 3 details have been leaked from a gaming magazine Playbox which suggest that Crysis 3 wont be the last installment in the Sci-Fi FPS franchise. Other than this Crysis 3 would feature all new side missions, new nano suit powers, New factions and the return of an old buddy – Physco (CRYSIS Warhead’s protagonist).

According to the magazine, Steven Hall would be writing the game. Story would revolve around Prophet (Alcatraz) imprisoned by CryNet which would also mark the time interval between Crysis 2 to 3. After the ending of the second part a Global invasion by Ceph took place and it would be shown in the game what happened to the rest of the world after the invasion.

Now the most interesting part, Crysis Warhead’s Protagonist aka Physco who also accompanied us at the begging parts of Crysis 1 is also back in the game, Uncertain though if he would be a playable character. Crynet and Ceph would not be the only hostile factions, There would be others though they are not detailed yet. Newer Ceph enemies would include a brute with a flamethrower. The setting would also feature animals like the original Crysis such as giant frogs.

The word would be less destructive compared to Crysis 1 and would feature a sandbox setting along with several side missions. A few concept arts show the outside the New York dome would be a frozen wasteland like in Crysis 1 after the alien invade the island. New powers would allow us to hack alien turrets and control their weapons which was also confirmed in a interview with a Crytek official. Speed and Power abilities are now split like Crysis 1.

The game launches in Spring 2013 for PC, PS3 and 360.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Thread Information