Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Crysis 3 Announced Coming 2013 - Official Gameplay Trailer Released

The hunted becomes the hunter in the CryEngine-powered open-world shooter Crysis 3! Players take on the role of 'Prophet' as he returns to New York in the year in 2047, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution.

Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: Crytek Studios
    Release Date: Spring 2013

Last edited by Nuvian; 04-24-2012 at 16:02.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Man, Crysis 2 was one of the dullest games I've ever played. A prime example of a game that is more interested in jacking off infront of the mirror than supplying any portion of soul.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    I actually really liked Crysis 2 much better on the second play through mainly because I had all the abilities available from the start, so I could have more fun.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Man, Crysis 2 was one of the dullest games I've ever played. A prime example of a game that is more interested in jacking off infront of the mirror than supplying any portion of soul.
    I thought the first one was boring, i lose interest quite fast when it comes to open world jungle shooters (Farcry/Crysis), i did like the setting of the second one a lot more.

Once more into the fray.

Forum Sage

I've enjoyed both of the Crysis games so far so if there is indeed a 3rd i'll be buying that as well

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Excited for this. I still haven't played C2 completely though. But I'm sure I'll prefer the first game because of it's open world approach
    Last edited by gangsta_795; 04-11-2012 at 18:32.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I also found Crysis to be boring at first but after giving it more of a chance, it became one of the best experiences I've had in a shooter. Crysis 2 is dull and boring in comparison. Hopefully they'll make it more fun but I doubt it.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Crysis 2 was alright. The AI was laughable, but some of the abilities were awesome - the game grew on me as I played it. Didn't think it was anything spectacular though. I'll give 3 a go when it drops

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Only $49.99 for consoles too? There's a first!

Master Sage
    Crytek Teases “Best Kept Secret” To Be Announced April 16
    Crytek, the guys behind the popular Cyrsis franchise and the CryENGINE game engine, have hinted at a bit of news to come through their Twitter.

The best kept secret in shooters just can’t be contained. Stay tuned for more information on April 16.
    As obscure as the hint is, consider me excited about what they have to say. Is it that rumored new Crysis game, Crysis 3, that was supposedly leaked by EA’s own Origin store? It seems too coincidental that Crysis 3 would be leaked and this tweet from Crytek would surface around the same time. However, as likely as that is, until we have official confirmation all I can say is, “Who knows?!” But we’ll let you know on April 16, 2012 when they announce whatever it is they are going to announce!
    Last edited by Nuvian; 04-11-2012 at 19:37.

Once more into the fray.

Friendship is Carrots
    I too think Crysis 1 and 2 were boring games. No bad, just... boring. Uninteresting. It's a shame because you can see a lot of polish and cinematic fidelity in the games. Hopefully Crysis 3 can have a bit more variety and gameplay content.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I love them. The second had good pacing, which most modern shooters lack, and great level design. I've had great unscripted cinematic moments in the games.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

13. Likes neoxthexone likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I can't say that I'm excited. The day that I am is when they fix the $#@!ty a.i.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    All I'm looking for to are the eyegasms that will come from its visuals.

Elite Guru
    The second was okay, like others suggest though; a bit uninspiring.

I kind of felt like the nano-suit was never used in such a distinctive way that really made the user feel 'powerful'. Which is a shame as that was the big draw.

Having said that, it was good enough to keep me until the end. Would be interested in the third somewhere down the line.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Hopefully it takes place directly after 2, and plays more like Crysis 1.

Crysis 1, I played on its hardest difficulty and enjoyed every minute of it.
    Crysis 2, I played on default difficulty in quite a few places I just wanted the game to be over - really cant be bothered to go back in and do a trophy cleanup. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    Got crysis 1 and two platniums so i will be getting the third. Crysis 1 sp is far better then the second
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The second game was fun enough but just barely. I felt halfway through the game that I was ready to be finished with it. It is an ok game that just looks gorgeous. Much like a hot blonde without personality.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    As far as the title goes, I do not think it was a mistake. I really do not think it is ever a mistake when these sites spill the beans on a new game. Someone had to implement the image and details on to the web page and post it. Not sure how you can accidentally do that lol.

If anything, it should be called, "Website jumps the gun, Crysis 3 is coming!".

It just seems that every week or so we get a new "mistake".

21. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    I just recently completed both Crysis game for the PC and im surprised why this title ever got bashed, the 1st game still looks like something that was released yesterday although its still embarresingly not well optimized for pc and quite buggy and the Warhead expansion was even better. I have to say the open world of it was quite interesting but in the end felt like just a bigger backdrop it should add a bit replay value but the linear parts were way better and more intense imo. The games length isnt that short either i was really engaged and entertained the whole way the length of the game fits perfectly with the intensity of it. 1 minus though is that the first games story and characters are rather uninteresting, your character (Nomad) has barely any personality and most of those you meet in the game doesnt really add more to it, this was way better on the expansion Warhead with Psycho. Im definitely gonna pick up the 2nd game at some point for PC but rather wait for it to drop firstm not gonna support Origin in any full price buys

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Sage

Pick it up at retail, I'd bet it's cheap now luckily it was on steam when I wanted it

BBK Tapatalking'

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    I just recently completed both Crysis game for the PC and im surprised why this title ever got bashed, the 1st game still looks like something that was released yesterday although its still embarresingly not well optimized for pc and quite buggy and the Warhead expansion was even better. I have to say the open world of it was quite interesting but in the end felt like just a bigger backdrop it should add a bit replay value but the linear parts were way better and more intense imo. The games length isnt that short either i was really engaged and entertained the whole way the length of the game fits perfectly with the intensity of it. 1 minus though is that the first games story and characters are rather uninteresting, your character (Nomad) has barely any personality and most of those you meet in the game doesnt really add more to it, this was way better on the expansion Warhead with Psycho. Im definitely gonna pick up the 2nd game at some point for PC but rather wait for it to drop firstm not gonna support Origin in any full price buys
    Buy it on retail. I always do so because the price difference b/w retail on Origin/Steam is outrageous.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I'm interested to see how the game looks but is the setting still in NY?.

Thread Information