Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

Bulletstorm 2 canned, original hurt by poor port and piracy on PC

It’s a tough industry for a new series. As someone who very much enjoyed Bulletstorm’s gorgeous, bombastic shoot-outs, I quietly hoped that People Can Fly had done enough to earn a sequel. Sadly, it’s not to be. Epic Games president Mike Capps has told Gamespot that while Bulletstorm was “very critically successful,” it was merely “good, but not amazing” in the sales department. “I think EA was hoping we’d do better,” he says.

Capps mentioned that some initial design work was done on Bulletstorm 2, but it’s since been spiked in favour of other projects. He also admits that Bulletstorm underperformed on PC, and gives a couple of reasons. You can probably guess the main one. It begins with “P,” is an anagram of CRAPYI, and rhymes with “biracy.”

“It didn’t do very well on PC” he said, “and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn’t the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem.”

Aside from the field of view (easily fixed with some .ini tweaks), Games for Windows Live was the biggest bane of my time with Bulletstorm, a service that only seemed happy to sign me in once I’d sacrificed a small animal in its name. The rest, including the extraordinarily bloody co-op, provided some very satisfying shooting, and is still one of the only games that lets players kick enemies into cacti for points. You can try it out for yourself in the Bulletstorm demo on Steam.

It’s not all bad news, though. Developers People Can Fly are still together, and are working on something new. “we found a project that we thought was a better fit for People Can Fly,” said Capps. “We haven’t announced that yet, but we will be announcing it pretty soon.” Hopefully it’ll be a 70s cops and robbers caper called Mulletstorm.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/10/bu...-piracy-on-pc/

Though I haven't played the original, I was going to pick it up. Something we gonna miss?
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have it on PC and i thought it was fantastic, loved every minute of it. It ran flawlessly on my machine as well so i never thought of it as a bad port!

It's a shame really, was one of the last original shooters to have come out!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ITs bad port because it only supported 16:9 resolutions, if you had 16:10 it ran alot worse and had letter boxing also there was no way to remove mouse accel unless you edited .ini files which were encrypted.

Forum Sage

Ah right, i didn't know about the locked resolutions. The .ini trick was slightly annoying but no game breaker, ironically.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    As F34R said this has been posted before, locking thread

Thank you itachi

Thread Information