Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Except that the Vita is alot more powerful and has more advanced tech. So no, its not a PSP. Thats like saying that the PS3 is just a PS2 (just a new name).
    Lol OLED screen, front and reach touch pad, motion sensing, 3G, cameras and almost console level graphics. Sounds like a PSP2 to me.

I'm a bit concerned about the Vita in all the markets tbh. Its in dire need of a price drop and more games.
    Yeah sales have been a bit slow. However, when the wifi model drops to €200 and upcoming KZ, Resistance, CoD, Mortal Kombat, Bioshock, Assassins Creed and all the other big name IPs are out on the shelves, I think it's safe to wager that figures will change. The Vita is only going to get cheaper, and it's features and games are only going to expand. Eventually these two will hit a sweet point and that'll be it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Except that the Vita is alot more powerful and has more advanced tech. So no, its not a PSP. Thats like saying that the PS3 is just a PS2 (just a new name).
    I think what he meant was that the Vita technically has a PSP inside it (that you can play PSP games on it), like how you can play PS1/2 games on PS3.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I think what he meant was that the Vita technically has a PSP inside it (that you can play PSP games on it), like how you can play PS1/2 games on PS3.
    Well that, and...the Vita is a Playstation Portable. It's the successor to the previous Playstation Portable. Just like the PS3 is the new PS2. The name change was for marketing purposes.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well tbh I think it was better than to call it PSP2 personally.

Soldier 95B
    Hit nail on head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Vita sales should improve once Persona 4: The Golden drops. The Vita is in desperate need of big name titles, and why Sony hasn't secured a Monster Hunter title on the Vita is beyond me. They need to score some hits in Japan, because it's pretty sad seeing the Vita crash and burn week after week.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    When the sales go below 10k, you know there's something wrong.
    That seems to be the consensus. If you Google Vita sales the outlook is bleak in most, if not all, markets. Nintendo has the handheld market wrapped up pretty tight and on the other end of the spectrum are the tablets and phones. I know that some disagree with me but there isn't that much of a demand for an ultra-powerful portable gaming device that isn't an iPad or Android tablet.

Forum Overseer
    I donno...I like how Nintendo and MS went with a new name with their consoles.

Look at Nintendo with...what's essentially a gameboy. It's now called a 3DS (3D Double Screen?).

You gotta give it a new name. I really hope Sony gives PS4 a new name...I think it adds to the pizzazz.

I think Sony really needs to copy the Nintendo formula. Stop coming out with western games on it, go with unique Japanese experiences.

That's what made the handheld market interesting, it's the crazy addictive games...not the watered down versions of the bigger console originals.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    That's what I said, it was better to give it a new name.

Forum Overseer
    I definitely need a break from the screen.

Thread Information