Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    shall we place bets on the first wreck? i got my money down on 8 days

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    well if you put a car into 1st gear when travelling at 70 or more MPH it might do it.
    Why do you think we have rev limiters?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Congrats, I have started learning twice now..and I definitely could've passed ages ago, but things keep coming up and I get distracted. Also the thought of owning a car, paying for insurance and petrol/gas scares the life out of me.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

4. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Why do you think we have rev limiters?
    You think thats going to stop the engine from over revving when the grearbox and wheels are still spinning give it a try by all means.

http://youtu.be/LA7euxWaqxs

Forum Sage
    [QUOTE=keefy;5809257]You think thats going to stop the engine from over revving when the grearbox and wheels are still spinning give it a try by all means.

Then you depress the clutch asap. If a person isn't familiar enough to match the shifts correctly, then it isn't a good idea for them to put themselves in that kind of position (distracted driving,racing, ect.) where a missed downshift could occur.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    You're over-thinking the whole issue.
    Everyone says it's easy haha. I'm sure it's not that hard. If I have the chance I'll learn. I'm just curious though. You normally shift one gear up or down. If you're going 55mph and have to stop suddenly you can't just slam on the breaks can you? THAT would tear up the engine in some way wouldn't it?(it would at least ruin the breaks but skipping gears can't be good can it?) Say you don't have time to shift down gear by gear like you normally would.

I wish I knew more about cars but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I didn't think you could destroy the engine...all it'd do is slow the car down because you aren't riding fast enough...if you go reverse...well you could do that with an auto as well.
    Well I don't know much of anything about cars to begin with. I dunno I thought shifting wrong meant the gears don't move right and could potentially grind gears together and ruin them. Wear the gears down too much and such.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    remeber the day i passed my test, my god I was happy, now next step is pass my motorbike test, cant be a learner forever
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Well I don't know much of anything about cars to begin with. I dunno I thought shifting wrong meant the gears don't move right and could potentially grind gears together and ruin them. Wear the gears down too much and such.
    Just going up wouldn't ruin it but going down could...unless they've built a safe mechanism for newer cars.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    shall we place bets on the first wreck? i got my money down on 8 days
    You already lost, I don't have a vehicle to drive. My mother has the only vehicle and she's gone all the time.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    You already lost, I don't have a vehicle to drive. My mother has the only vehicle and she's gone all the time.
    Lol. That's how I was when I first got my license. It was my senior year of HS. Then went to college the following year, and used the grant money to purchase my first car lol. (I had a summer job where I paid part of the tuition with it, and my mom's then bf, paid the rest.)
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Dedicated Member
    I just got back from mine as well black wolf. Did you wait to get yours? cause your like 21 or something. im 20 so its pretty awesome. i can drive to work now yayayay
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

13. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Everyone says it's easy haha. I'm sure it's not that hard. If I have the chance I'll learn. I'm just curious though. You normally shift one gear up or down. If you're going 55mph and have to stop suddenly you can't just slam on the breaks can you? THAT would tear up the engine in some way wouldn't it?(it would at least ruin the breaks but skipping gears can't be good can it?) Say you don't have time to shift down gear by gear like you normally would.

I wish I knew more about cars but I don't. My friend has a manual and I think he usually puts it into neutral whenever hes coming to red light or stop sign.

Normally you would pop it into neutral in that case.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

15. Likes podsaurus, keefy likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    congrats how old do u have to be in your state of mississpi to get your driver's license and your road test

17. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by ex nihilo7 View Post
    Normally you would pop it into neutral in that case.
    And if even if you do not all that happens is the engine stalls.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    A bit late with this, but congratulations Shawnee! Stay safe and enjoy your freedom.

Funny, I must be in the minority but I've never ever been compelled to learn how to drive.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

20. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    congrats how old do u have to be in your state of mississpi to get your driver's license and your road test
    You have to be at least 17, it used to be 16.

Thank you Mike and coolguy for the congrats.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Thread Information