Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

But it is exactly because Dark SOuls is so good, that i would never miss on any content

And that means i will have to buy the PC version, when i should not have to, since they could as easilly bring it as DLC

Now, they dont own us anything and never said they do, but that does not change the fact that i will hate them as few companies if they force me to rebuy the game, replay it for 300 hours to get where i was and then play it on PC which i hate to do as few things

For me it is a terrible situation of completly neglecting their console fans to an extreme degree, maybe the worst i have seen in gaming ever, that is all, that cant change even though as you said they dont own me anything of course

Just imagine what would happen if Witcher 2 new content was console only, there would riots on the streets , same applies to Dark Souls

And 300 wasted hours, is 300 wasted hours, no matter how you see it

Also the content is not 2 bosses only, it is far more, in fact seems like a huge part of the game that was intentionally left behind to sell PC copies, i think the PC version was planned from day one personally, you dont come up with so much new content just a few months after the game release, it was obviously planned this way and this content was cut back intentionally rather clearly
    Last edited by Jack_DRAWN; 04-16-2012 at 09:39.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Console release: October 4, 2011
    PC Release: August 24, 2012

How does that seem like it was cut content to you?

Petition has 906, not even 10% of dark souls owners care. Lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    It's not a big deal imo.
    The game had alot of content right from the beginning, it never felt like there is something missing or that things were left out to add em via DLC afterwards.

If we can get that stuff i'll happily fork over 10 or 15 bucks and send my warrior on a final quest but if not it's not a tragedy either.
    I rather get the game 1 year "early" then wait that long for 2 bosses...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_DRAWN View Post
    The problem is that i did not choose to get the game early and skip the content, if i had the choice i would definatly wait to get the full game and would not waste 300 hours in a now obsolete worthless version that misses half the world of Dark Souls, just to play the game a few months earlier

Plus i dont see why i should not have the option to pay and play that content, it is part of the game i paid for afterall, it is not a different game and i certainly shouldnt have to rebuy and replay the exact same game to see the extra content, time is money and should be treated as such

I doubt anyone would ever buy a console game from them now, since a PC version with double content will soon appear on PC
    Wow.

How gamers have changed over the past 10-15 years. What's with this sense of entitlement gamers seem to have developed??

The game is the developers property, not yours, they can do as they see fit. They gave you the game you paid for, and they've now decided they want to release it on PC with extra content, do you have to like it? No, but the game isn't your property so that's the end of it.

Why get so worked up over it, if this is the biggest worry in your life, I'd like to swap with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    To be fair i understand that he wants the extra content for his consoleversion.
    He seems to be a hardcore fan but this little extra really doesn't make our version obsolete or something like that.

I also haven't read anywhere that it WON'T be released as DLC so we'll just have to wait and see....

They just came out and said there will not be DLC and that they feel sorry for the console gamers

Now it is official, the content is PC exclusive and used means to force console gamers rebuy the game

I laugh at how they pretend to "care for their fans", when they just gave a huge slap in the face to 1.2 million fans that have already bought and paid for the game

At least they should be honest and stop saying silly things like that

This is probably the worst thing any company has done to its fans, since gaming begun

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    They just came out and said there will not be DLC and that they feel sorry for the console gamers

Now it is official, the content is PC exclusive and used means to force console gamers rebuy the game

I laugh at how they pretend to "care for their fans", when they just gave a huge slap in the face to 1.2 million fans that have already bought and paid for the game

At least they should be honest and stop saying silly things like that

This is probably the worst thing any company has done to its fans, since gaming begun
    I don't know what to say...

You're living a delusional life and are one of the most naive people I've encountered on these forums.
    Last edited by Wrath; 04-18-2012 at 10:18.

Ultimate Veteran
    Do not resort to ridiculing the OP. You are free to sign the petition if you want. Otherwise, simply ignore it and move onto a different thread.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

I wonder why people that dont care for Dark SOuls at all, bother to post in this thread

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    The problem is that i did not choose to get the game early and skip the content, if i had the choice i would definatly wait to get the full game and would not waste 300 hours in a now obsolete worthless version that misses half the world of Dark Souls, just to play the game a few months earlier

Plus i dont see why i should not have the option to pay and play that content, it is part of the game i paid for afterall, it is not a different game and i certainly shouldnt have to rebuy and replay the exact same game to see the extra content, time is money and should be treated as such

I doubt anyone would ever buy a console game from them now, since a PC version with double content will soon appear on PC
    You have the full game, and the PC version doesn't have twice as much content, the PC needs all the help it can get, why would people buy the PC version if the DLC was available for the 360 and PS3?
    Look at all the content and games only available on consoles...

I'm glad they gave the PC gamers something extra, why post such misleading "facts" though?

Dark Souls Game Director Apologises To Console Gamers
    Not that you deserve an apology...

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    You have the full game, and the PC version doesn't have twice as much content, the PC needs all the help it can get, why would people buy the PC version if the DLC was available for the 360 and PS3?
    Look at all the content and games only available on consoles...

I'm glad they gave the PC gamers something extra, why post such misleading "facts" though?

Dark Souls Game Director Apologises To Console Gamers
    Not that you deserve an apology...
    Why would people buy it on PC ?

To play the game maybe ? What does the DLC have to do with that ?

Unless you mean why would console gamers rebuy the game on PC if it was not for the DLC ? In that case i agree, Namco and From are definatly using this content to force console gamers rebuy the game on PC to make double money

the content was obviosuly deliberatly ommited from the console game for that purpose

But that is the problem, a company that comes out and says (pretends anyway) they care for their fans, does not force people rebuy and replay the 300 hour game for extra content, it is the ethics of the thing that is wrong

Of course it is profit for them, but will go down as one of the most hated gaming comany of all time for this, for sure, and i dont know if anyone wants to have millions of people hating them

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Millions? For some reason you seem to be the only one that feels "forced" to buy the PC version just for a bit of extracontent?!
    Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Why would people buy it on PC ?

To play the game maybe ? What does the DLC have to do with that ?

Unless you mean why would console gamers rebuy the game on PC if it was not for the DLC ? In that case i agree, Namco and From are definatly using this content to force console gamers rebuy the game on PC to make double money

the content was obviosuly deliberatly ommited from the console game for that purpose

But that is the problem, a company that comes out and says (pretends anyway) they care for their fans, does not force people rebuy and replay the 300 hour game for extra content, it is the ethics of the thing that is wrong

Of course it is profit for them, but will go down as one of the most hated gaming comany of all time for this, for sure, and i dont know if anyone wants to have millions of people hating them
    I will still gladly buy From Software titles, like I have in the past.

A company giving incentive for PC gamers to buy a game that released a year ago on console, isnt a new practice. I would also love to see where you get your information from that this is content omitted from the console version. They are not, in anyway, forcing people to buy the PC version.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Guru
    I purchased Demons Souls four times (yes, four) and Dark Souls once. I absolutely support From Software.

And I'll continue to do so with the PC version of Dark Souls. Extra content = icing to what was an already excellent experience.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Thread Information