Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Petition to bring Dark Souls new PC content on consoles

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cry more.

We have Demon's Souls, its fair.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    ^ I'm gonna have to disagree. First its a PS3 exclusive, then multiplat, now exclusive PC content? No.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    ^ I'm gonna have to disagree. First its a PS3 exclusive, then multiplat, now exclusive PC content? No.
    You want to whine some more?

Seriously, you have already gotten two great games and one of them being multiplatform is no hindrance whatsoever. The more people can enjoy this franchise, the better. From Software does not owe you anything.

Get over it.
    Last edited by Wrath; 04-13-2012 at 06:13.

Elite Guru
    No thank you.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    How much content will the PC version have?.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    How much content will the PC version have?.
    2 extra bosses I think.

Meh, let the PC guys get some exclusive love. They often get later releases and other BS, a treat is nice.

8. Likes MjW , Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    2 extra bosses I think.

Meh, let the PC guys get some exclusive love. They often get later releases and other BS, a treat is nice.
    Okay, just saw it. Nothing too serious to make a petition.

Elite Sage
    PC-version has Games for Windows Live, which is horrifying piece of $#@!. Also PC-version is getting released one year later than PS3/360 version. On the top of that, Microsoft doesn't like free DLC's so you would have to pay for those new bosses and new dungeon.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

11. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Nuvian likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    PC-version has Games for Windows Live, which is horrifying piece of $#@!. Also PC-version is getting released one year later than PS3/360 version. On the top of that, Microsoft doesn't like free DLC's so you would have to pay for those new bosses and new dungeon.
    Of course i will pay for the DLC at 15-20$, i would even pay 200$ for a new console boxed version, instead of rebuying the game and replaying it for 300 hours

In those 300 hours i can make 300x30 = 9000$ instead

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Okay, just saw it. Nothing too serious to make a petition.

New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
    PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
    New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
    New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
    New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
    New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

How is it nothing too serious ???

It adds new areas, bossses, enemies, NPCs, it is like a huge expansion and a big part of the game there

It is nothing serious only if you dont like the game
    Last edited by Jack_DRAWN; 04-13-2012 at 07:17.

13. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Huh, has more than I thought. I'm impressed!
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Huh, has more than I thought. I'm impressed!
    Which rarely ever happens!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You want to whine some more?

Seriously, you have already gotten two great games and one of them being multiplatform is no hindrance whatsoever. The more people can enjoy this franchise, the better. From Software does not owe you anything.

Get over it.
    Haha wow, pretty intense there. By your thinking, consoles should get the new content anyway because more people will be able to enjoy it. Which is pretty much what I said in the first place.

I'm pretty surprised at the amount of people who are against this. I'm a Souls fan who is willing to pay for console DLC. Don't see why the content needs to be PC exclusive. Its a nice treat, sure, but I've waited a hell of a lot longer for games/ports with NO DLC.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think most fans are willing to pay for the extra content being offered in the PC release if the developers decide to bring it over as DLC for home consoles. Either way, people would still buy Dark Souls on the PC.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-13-2012 at 09:29.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    The whole point is to give gamers incentive to buy it on the PC, i think it should stay as PC exclusive.

Moved to the appropriate section.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 04-13-2012 at 14:38.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

The problem is not so much with rebuying the game, as with spending another 300 hours to replay it and get where i was on PS3

If they can pay me those 300 hours with 9000$ i will rebuy the game on PC, otherwise will wait for a console DLC and if does not come never buy a From Software game again of course, i dont like beeing treated like that by any company

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Ahhrealbradens
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_DRAWN View Post
    The problem is not so much with rebuying the game, as with spending another 300 hours to replay it and get where i was on PS3

If they can pay me those 300 hours with 9000$ i will rebuy the game on PC, otherwise will wait for a console DLC and if does not come never buy a From Software game again of course, i dont like beeing treated like that by any company

Treated like what? They gave you what you paid for. They aren't required to give you the content that the PC version deserves a hell of a lot more for having to wait over a year after release to get a copy of the game. Normally I just read threads here and not post that often since I've been a member for years, but your post really strikes me. Just makes me think what is going on through your mind that you will not buy another game from a company because they decide to give exclusive content to a system that has never been able to experience Dark Souls, let alone Demon Souls like you have been blessed.

21. Likes Wrath , *goo likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I think they call it 'sense of entitlement', Ahabraden.

Guess what, they're putting out money on the PC version so they're obviously going to try and draw customers in with some new content. Also, I don't believe they've stated the extra content won't be coming to console. If they're smart (financially) about it, they'll do it but do it later to entice those who also play on PC to pay up.

Right now, it's all about the PC. Sales of the console versions aren't going to spike significantly just because of a little bit of DLC.

23. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Of course i will pay for the DLC at 15-20$, i would even pay 200$ for a new console boxed version, instead of rebuying the game and replaying it for 300 hours

In those 300 hours i can make 300x30 = 9000$ instead

New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
    PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
    New Areas Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
    New Enemies Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
    New NPCs Including Hawkeye Gough and more
    New Weapons and Armor Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

How is it nothing too serious ???

It adds new areas, bossses, enemies, NPCs, it is like a huge expansion and a big part of the game there

It is nothing serious only if you dont like the game
    The petition wasn't elaborate hence why I came to that conclusion. All I saw were screenshots of two bosses and a fat guy riding a pig..

Quote Originally Posted by Ahabraden View Post
    Treated like what? They gave you what you paid for. They aren't required to give you the content that the PC version deserves a hell of a lot more for having to wait over a year after release to get a copy of the game. Normally I just read threads here and not post that often since I've been a member for years, but your post really strikes me. Just makes me think what is going on through your mind that you will not buy another game from a company because they decide to give exclusive content to a system that has never been able to experience Dark Souls, let alone Demon Souls like you have been blessed.
    The problem is that i did not choose to get the game early and skip the content, if i had the choice i would definatly wait to get the full game and would not waste 300 hours in a now obsolete worthless version that misses half the world of Dark Souls, just to play the game a few months earlier

Plus i dont see why i should not have the option to pay and play that content, it is part of the game i paid for afterall, it is not a different game and i certainly shouldnt have to rebuy and replay the exact same game to see the extra content, time is money and should be treated as such

I doubt anyone would ever buy a console game from them now, since a PC version with double content will soon appear on PC
    Last edited by Jack_DRAWN; 04-13-2012 at 22:58.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If it was part of the game you paid for it would be part of the game you paid for.

Its a different medium that can handle a lot more polygons maybe it isnt technically possible.

Elite Guru
    The problem is that i did not choose to get the game early and skip the content, if i had the choice i would definatly wait to get the full game and would not waste 300 hours in a now obsolete worthless version that misses half the world of Dark Souls, just to play the game a few months earlier

Plus i dont see why i should not have the option to pay and play that content, it is part of the game i paid for afterall, it is not a different game and i certainly shouldnt have to rebuy and replay the exact same game to see the extra content, time is money and should be treated as such

I doubt anyone would ever buy a console game from them now, since a PC version with double content will soon appear on PC
    So much speculation, conjecture and mis-truth that I'm not sure where to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If it was part of the game you paid for it would be part of the game you paid for.

Its a different medium that can handle a lot more polygons maybe it isnt technically possible.
    I paid for Dark Souls and most definatly the new content is part of Dark Souls

Elite Guru
    Except it's new content. Unless I'm missing something.

To be fair, I doubt I'll be back here to argue any point. You've made up your mind that From Software are shafting you even though they gave you a game good enough and big enough to keep you playing for 300 hours. And yet somehow they're bastards for doing so.

It defies logic and just reads to me like a temper tantrum. Sorry.

30. Likes Fon , Fenix likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

Where are you getting double the content. Honestly two new bosses is like 30 min. Granted it'll take 2 hrs the first time because I am always cautious entering new areas. Here's the deal. You paid for a game in October and got all the content released with that game. This does not entitle you to all future content for free. I think your also assuming it will be exclusive on pc forever but I bet they will offer as dlc by Christmas time. I'll buy fromsoft for many games to come. Even if I never see the dlc, the experience I've had from dark souls is one of the best games I've seen. If they keep putting content out like that...I'm a loyal customer.

My advice, quit belly aching, your time is not woth money because you were doing this for fun. You make it seem like if it weren't for dark souls you would have worked 300 hours more and made 9000 dollars. This is false, you woldve wasted it doing something else because it's recreational.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Thread Information