Overall Retail Industry:
Down 25% year over year.
01. Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC)** Electronic Arts - 1.18 Million excluding PC, 4:1 Xbox:PS3, over double ME2's opening
02. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360, PS3)** Capcom USA - 582K
03. MLB 12: The Show (PS3, PSV) Sony (Corp)
04. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC, PS2) Take 2 Interactive
05. SSX 2012 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts
06. Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3, 360)** Capcom USA
07. Mario Party 9 (Wii) Nintendo - 230K
08. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)** Activision Blizzard
09. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja (360, PS3) Namco Bandai Games
10. Major League Baseball 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PSP, PC, PS2) Take 2 Interactive
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
XX. Kid Icarus - 135K
XX. Super Mario 3D Land - 100K
XX. Mario Kart 7 - 118K
SM3DLand: 1.98 Million
MK7: 1.58 Million
Xbox 360 - 371K (-14.3%)
PlayStation 3 - 337K (-7.7%) [PR Math]
Nintendo 3DS - 225K (-43.8%)
Nintendo Wii - 175K (-39.7%)
Everything is down it seems. Also, there's no PSvita numbers yet!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Thread: NPD March 2012
NPD March 2012
The Nintendo 3DS is doing incredibly well. So is the PS3 and Xbox 360.
After the price cut and finally some good games the 3DS should.
i read on naother forum that the vita sold 200 k if its right its kinda low
04-13-2012 #7Soldier 95BGuest
Any surprises there? Well for me, I am surprised to see the Xbox version of ME3 sold 4:1 to the PS3 version. I am also PLEASANTLY suprised to see that MLB The Show 12 is a homerun. Baseball games are not usually huge sellers, but The Show has proven it is the shiznit.
The Black Wolf likes this post
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Rep Power
04-13-2012 #10Soldier 95BGuest
Some other numbers:
- Total spending on Xbox hardware, software, and accessories hit $430 million, more than was spent on Sony's PS3 and Nintendo's Wii combined.
- Sales of consoles and other hardware touched $323.5 million, a 35 percent drop from March 2011.
- High definition console systems fared better than many other hardware platforms
- Video game accessory sales declined by 8 percent to $222.5 million year over year. The industry actually sold more physical accessories than a year ago, but sales were down as a result of a drop in the average selling price.
- Although the NPD doesn't publicly share sales breakdowns by platform, Microsoft executive Aaron Greenberg did share that Xbox 360 sales for the space opera Mass Effect 3 were 943,000 units for the month.
Last edited by Soldier 95B; 04-13-2012 at 19:58.
WHo is buying all those Nintendo Wii's at this point? I mean seriously 175k
Wow, the Wii really is on its last legs pretty much everywhere.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)