Overall Retail Industry:
Down 25% year over year.
01. Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC)** Electronic Arts - 1.18 Million excluding PC, 4:1 Xbox:PS3, over double ME2's opening
02. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360, PS3)** Capcom USA - 582K
03. MLB 12: The Show (PS3, PSV) Sony (Corp)
04. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC, PS2) Take 2 Interactive
05. SSX 2012 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts
06. Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3, 360)** Capcom USA
07. Mario Party 9 (Wii) Nintendo - 230K
08. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)** Activision Blizzard
09. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja (360, PS3) Namco Bandai Games
10. Major League Baseball 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PSP, PC, PS2) Take 2 Interactive
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
XX. Kid Icarus - 135K
XX. Super Mario 3D Land - 100K
XX. Mario Kart 7 - 118K
SM3DLand: 1.98 Million
MK7: 1.58 Million
Xbox 360 - 371K (-14.3%)
PlayStation 3 - 337K (-7.7%) [PR Math]
Nintendo 3DS - 225K (-43.8%)
Nintendo Wii - 175K (-39.7%)
Everything is down it seems. Also, there's no PSvita numbers yet!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Thread: NPD March 2012
NPD March 2012
The Nintendo 3DS is doing incredibly well. So is the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Currently Playing: Bravely Default for the Nintendo 3DS
After the price cut and finally some good games the 3DS should.
i read on naother forum that the vita sold 200 k if its right its kinda low
04-13-2012 #7Soldier 95BGuest
Any surprises there? Well for me, I am surprised to see the Xbox version of ME3 sold 4:1 to the PS3 version. I am also PLEASANTLY suprised to see that MLB The Show 12 is a homerun. Baseball games are not usually huge sellers, but The Show has proven it is the shiznit.
The Black Wolf likes this post
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Rep Power
04-13-2012 #10Soldier 95BGuest
Some other numbers:
- Total spending on Xbox hardware, software, and accessories hit $430 million, more than was spent on Sony's PS3 and Nintendo's Wii combined.
- Sales of consoles and other hardware touched $323.5 million, a 35 percent drop from March 2011.
- High definition console systems fared better than many other hardware platforms
- Video game accessory sales declined by 8 percent to $222.5 million year over year. The industry actually sold more physical accessories than a year ago, but sales were down as a result of a drop in the average selling price.
- Although the NPD doesn't publicly share sales breakdowns by platform, Microsoft executive Aaron Greenberg did share that Xbox 360 sales for the space opera Mass Effect 3 were 943,000 units for the month.
Last edited by Soldier 95B; 04-13-2012 at 18:58.
WHo is buying all those Nintendo Wii's at this point? I mean seriously 175k
Wow, the Wii really is on its last legs pretty much everywhere.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)