Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't see why so many of you guys are welcoming this with open arms.. the console market is already too crowded. If anything I'd say one of the big 3 have to go.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You tech heads will never get it.

Apple's main strength is their ability to turn their empire into a religion - regardless of how their products actually perform relative to the competition. It's not about what runs better, nor about the pricing and most definitely not about market share. It's simply about the experience for the consumer, whether you understand that or not.

Microsoft is more focused on the technical side of things. They don't really care about design etc. Not saying they are bad or anything, they are just different. And Apple simply follows a different corporate strategy and focuses on a distinct bundle of competitive advantages to maintain their brand image. It's called positioning.

And guess what, people love it for reasons that only brain studies could reveal.

This is every CEO's wet dream right there: Have people buy your products because of your name and not because of your cost-performance ratio.
    Oh I have no problem with either company. I just find it funny that many dislike Ms for their anticompetitive behavior, yet they only control an operating system. Apple control both hardware and software.

At the end of the day apple products are a very controlled device through and through, you will always get a simplistic, ergonomic experience when it is controlled so tightly. You'll get exactly what they want you to have. No more, no less.

Personally I think their products are a pretty good second device, a companion to your Main device, but they will never replace an open operating system like windows.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I do laugh how MS gets **** for being a monopolistic company, and the king of monopoly gets a free pass due to the 'experience'
    I wouldn't say they get a free pass, but you have to look at it objectively.. which most don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Exactly keefy.
    You know i'm not a "apple hater", i give credit where credit is due.
    For example the Ipad3 is the best pad out there period.
    No other company has a pad with a comparable display.

However i don't want to "deal with them" (or their partially irrational fans) in the console market.
    It has the best display... that doesn't make it the best pad out there. Just means it has the best display.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Well we could talk about proprietary ports and the closed OS etc. etc. all day long but we'd only bore the other users (and derail the thread).
    You have to know what you want to do with the device and then choose accordingly, there are just too many factors to take into account to crown "the best" device...

I could have been more precise but that was not the point i was trying to convey

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well we could talk about proprietary ports and the closed OS etc. etc. all day long but we'd only bore the other users (and derail the thread).
    You have to know what you want to do with the device and then choose accordingly, there are just too many factors to take into account to crown "the best" device...

I could have been more precise but that was not the point i was trying to convey
    I agree 100%. +rep

Ultimate Veteran
    Anyone who thinks Apple would release a gaming console does not understand how Apple thinks. I'll tell you what Cook was doing at Valve; Discussing iOS games made by Valve.

/thread.
    Other opinions are available.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Well said!

Super Elite
    Soon will be singing bring back the days of Activision and Microsoft
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Anyone who thinks Apple would release a gaming console does not understand how Apple thinks. I'll tell you what Cook was doing at Valve; Discussing iOS games made by Valve.

/thread.
    Valve make iOS games?

I'm assume he was there more so to do with Steam and Apple devices.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Valve make iOS games?

I'm assume he was there more so to do with Steam and Apple devices.
    They don't. Which is why I would guess Cook was there. To convince them to do so.
    Other opinions are available.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    So true. Gotta love those die-hard Apple haters and their ridiculous comments.

It's nothing but jealousy.
    Typical rhetoric.

And if one were to bite into it, what exactly do people have to be jealous about? Actually, no, don't answer that.

I know I'll get some passage from teh Steve Jobs Bible - 'The Book of Cook, Chapter XV, paragraph 2, verse 9': "thou shalt defend Apple to no end. If in a position of failure, use red-herrings and the 'jealousy' excuse'.

Forum Sage
    Exactly keefy.
    You know i'm not a "apple hater", i give credit where credit is due.
    For example the Ipad3 is the best pad out there period.
    No other company has a pad with a comparable display.

However i don't want to "deal with them" (or their partially irrational fans) in the console market.
    A variant of the transformer prime and the samsung galaxytab 7.7 would disagree with that statement.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    A variant of the transformer prime and the samsung galaxytab 7.7 would disagree with that statement.
    Heck even the TF201 and it's SuperIPS+ display is gorgeous.

Technically, it isn't 'HD' - but tell that to my screen!

Home Theater Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Typical rhetoric.

And if one were to bite into it, what exactly do people have to be jealous about? Actually, no, don't answer that.

I know I'll get some passage from teh Steve Jobs Bible - 'The Book of Cook, Chapter XV, paragraph 2, verse 9': "thou shalt defend Apple to no end. If in a position of failure, use red-herrings and the 'jealousy' excuse'.
    1. You didn't even read my other comment, further explaining my stance towards Apple.

2. Having a signature with red words saying "Apple is EVIL" makes YOU look like the biggest fanboy of them all, lol.

3. I'm open to basically any company that delivers my desired performance objectives. And this includes, among others, Apple. Big deal? For you, it seems...

4. Feel free to counter with one of your silly bible verses. :P
    Last edited by Wrath; 04-18-2012 at 00:37.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Heck even the TF201 and it's SuperIPS+ display is gorgeous.

Technically, it isn't 'HD' - but tell that to my screen!
    Explain how it technically isn't hd? lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Yeah 1280x800 surpass's HD.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    I think Apple will make a better console than Sony and Ms but it will be too far expensive to own. I envision an Apple console competing with PCs in the graphics department.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    1. You didn't even read my other comment, further explaining my stance towards Apple.
    2. Having a signature with red words saying "Apple is EVIL" makes YOU look like the biggest fanboy of them all, lol.
    3. I'm open to basically any company that delivers my desired performance objectives. And this includes, among others, Apple. Big deal? For you, it seems...
    4. Feel free to counter with one of your silly bible verses. :P
    First, of all, my bible verses aren't silly. You worship Apple, I 'worship' quality minus pretensiousness.

And secondly, my signature is fanboyism, it's truth. Do I even need to list why? (I won't because I'm a lazy POS - that I can agree with you on . But I won't be opposed to you to Google why they aren't).

No, it's not a big deal to me at all.

You obviosuly feel the need to call other people 'jealous' ( how many times have you seen in PS3 vs 360 threads, wherel either side calls each other of being "jealous"? Is the answer 'plenty of times'? Of course it is! Because they are _fanboys_!)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Explain how it technically isn't hd? lol
    Because Apple didn't say it is...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    I think Apple will make a better console than Sony and Ms but it will be too far expensive to own. I envision an Apple console competing with PCs in the graphics department.
    Meh - this is a company that is more about image and perception rather than pure quality and technology.

Their marketing department or whomever they've outsourced this to (which I will always continue to praise) - is clearly their best and most important asset.
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-18-2012 at 03:45.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Anybody care to look up the pippin?

Apples been there and failed at that.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Hey, it isn't 4/20 yet.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Anybody care to look up the pippin?

Apples been there and failed at that.

LOL .......I remember that system it's one of Apples biggest flops.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Home Theater Guru
    First, of all, my bible verses aren't silly. You worship Apple, I 'worship' quality minus pretensiousness.

And secondly, my signature is fanboyism, it's truth. Do I even need to list why? (I won't because I'm a lazy POS - that I can agree with you on . But I won't be opposed to you to Google why they aren't).

No, it's not a big deal to me at all.

You obviosuly feel the need to call other people 'jealous' ( how many times have you seen in PS3 vs 360 threads, wherel either side calls each other of being "jealous"? Is the answer 'plenty of times'? Of course it is! Because they are _fanboys_!)
    Because Apple didn't say it is...
    Whatever you say, man.

It's funny how you put me into a certain category because of one word you read in some post while admitting at the same time that you belong into the same category.

In the end, I simply like Apple products for my own personal reasons just like I have my sympathies for Sony, Panasonic and other companies. If that's worshiping to you then you have no idea what real fanboys are like.

Hell, the term fanboy is as outdated as your argument, lol.

Supreme Veteran

I will wait and see the out come of this.. I do not believe it until proof is in front of me

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Whatever you say, man.

It's funny how you put me into a certain category because of one word you read in some post while admitting at the same time that you belong into the same category.

In the end, I simply like Apple products for my own personal reasons just like I have my sympathies for Sony, Panasonic and other companies. If that's worshiping to you then you have no idea what real fanboys are like.

Hell, the term fanboy is as outdated as your argument, lol.
    Not really...

All I'm saying is truth. I'm not claiming anything about Apple that isn't true. Which is why I think the way I think about you and certain others on this board.

I would understand if I was simply trolling. But all I'm doing is saying what's true, and what I've experienced.

I mean no ill will towards you personally. Just saying there is a certain breed of Apple-fan which is abhoring.

And sadly, with my experiences and what I've seen over the years, which have been compounded with the recent Instagram-hate; I believe that the abhoring Apple fans are the majority rather than the minority.

Again, none of this is made up, and anyone that responds negatively, or feels annoyed by what I'm saynig should probably have a good long think...

I apologise if I unfairly put you in that basket, but it just seemed that you were.

If not, then my mistake.

Thread Information