Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Pro Skater HD first pitched years ago, could see new content as DLC

While old-school skating fans are no doubt itching to pick up Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, it turns out that the idea of an HD remake is actually several years old. Hawk pitched the idea years ago, the skater recently told IGN, although Activision originally turned the project down because "it wasn't the right time."

Now, through the magic of digital distribution, Hawk wants to see Pro Skater HD become a platform unto itself. We knew that other popular levels from the series could be released as downloadable content for Pro Skater HD, but Hawk is hoping to see new content released as well, including levels, skaters and even new tricks.

It's worth noting that Activision is apparently taking a "wait and see" approach to downloadable content for Pro Skater HD. When asked about the possibility of DLC earlier this year, a spokesperson told Joystiq, "Activision will see how THPS HD does and go from there."
    Source

Lol. "It wasn't the right time." They needed to run the series into the ground with Ride and Shred first. Pro Skater HD is much more appealing, in comparison. Tony Hawk seems to have the right idea about DLC though. It should be used to introduce new content.
    Last edited by Black; 04-17-2012 at 01:27.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Oh they ran it into the ground since THUG2. This is probably the only thing that will save it, if even remotely and now they have the chance to do so since EA is not making any new SKATE sequels.

Elite Member
    I just don't see how Tony Hawk spiraled downward so fast. Literally all that Neversoft had to do was release Pro Skater 4, 5, 6, Black Ops, etc.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

4. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Veteran
    I just want them to release it already, and the best thing is the game will be available for $15.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I just don't see how Tony Hawk spiraled downward so fast. Literally all that Neversoft had to do was release Pro Skater 4, 5, 6, Black Ops, etc.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but after Proving Ground Neversoft stopped making TH games and were making the GH games.

Anyway I don't mind more levels later down the road, especially ones from later games like THPS3, THUG1 etc. but if its stupid **** like a T shirt with some retarded sticker on it for $0.99 they can shove it. That's what I'm half expecting though, this is Activision afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but after Proving Ground Neversoft stopped making TH games and were making the GH games.

Anyway I don't mind more levels later down the road, especially ones from later games like THPS3, THUG1 etc. but if its stupid **** like a T shirt with some retarded sticker on it for $0.99 they can shove it. That's what I'm half expecting though, this is Activision afterall.
    Activision has no involvement in this game at all, Robomodo is handling this game.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Are you sure? When did Activision lose the rights to the TH series?
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Activision Own the IP and publish the game.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Its easy to see how Tony Hawks went downhill..the fact is skating hasn't been popular since the early 2000s.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Activision Own the IP and publish the game.
    That's what I thought.

yay, next gen!

Thread Information