Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    LOVED THE GAME. Got it yesterday started with the co-op. Played the campaign today! About to go into the Forge get my creative on

Though I will say that as far as the story goes it came across as 'testing the waters' almost, though instead of using a Desert Eagle on that sucker they went and unleashed a glimpse at Genesis, and are roaming the wreckage for survivors, kind of thing. (doubt anyone will get that second half)

Seriously its like we're there to follow Chief as he get's hit HARD by reality and stumbles across space to find he's way more than anyone knew, yeah.

Still enjoyable though.
    Last edited by D3seeker; 11-08-2012 at 18:37.

Soldier 95B
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...er-standalone/

So, if I am reading this correctly....you have the choice to either put disk 2 for multiplayer...OR..you can download the multiplayer from Xbox Live to your hard drive and not ever have to put disk 2 in?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

So, if I am reading this correctly....you have the choice to either put disk 2 for multiplayer...OR..you can download the multiplayer from Xbox Live to your hard drive and not ever have to put disk 2 in?
    Correct. You can install it from disc 2, or live, and never have to put the disc again.

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

yes, it gives you the option when you click multiplayer from disk one.

although stupidly it says 'press a to change disk and continue', and then does nothing. not that it matters.

had my first MP match-making bug today. wouldn't let me join any matches, but would match me to players. apparently there have been quite a few issues. although it could be my $#@!e internet again, but cod seems ok.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Correct. You can install it from disc 2, or live, and never have to put the disc again.
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post

although stupidly it says 'press a to change disk and continue', and then does nothing. not that it matters.

had my first MP match-making bug today. wouldn't let me join any matches, but would match me to players. apparently there have been quite a few issues. although it could be my $#@!e internet again, but cod seems ok.
    Awesome, thanks guys. I love that we can do that! I wish that would happen with more games that require a second disk.

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post

LOL I know, I was fully expecintg to put the other disc in with that menu but soon as I hit eject the game quit.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    If I didn't care about wireless and the presets for BLOPS 2, I'd go with the Sennheiser PC360 and a mixamp, not much out there will beast that, if anything.

...but regardless of what Vulgotha says or what Robin Williams dressed as a lady does Astro has turned to absolute $#@! the last year and a half, just look at their forums, they're a joke now.
    http://forums.astrogaming.com/forumd...ity-Support%29

Sorry Vulgotha, but it's true man. That's why I turned down buying the Astro's as I could have purchased them instead.
    Seems like its due to the A50. It's a new product with very different tech (wireless) compared to their other products, so this is kind of understandable. I got the wired version (A40).

It's extremely premature to declare them '$#@!'. Astros are still the way to go man.

I will say this about sennheiser, they have a great reputation. I bought into that hook line and sinker and bought a headset from them right before my Astros. It was total junk, defective. The model you linked me too I hadn't seen- I dunno if it was out on the market yet or not (it was about 8-9 months ago).

So I can't speak about that model in particular, though it looks quality. I've had zero issues with my A40 Pro.

AND ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A BEAUTIFUL FULL BODIED WOMAN. I'm actually impressed you realized that was from Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-08-2012 at 21:33.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I'm loving it so far. Reach was a huge disappointment, so well done to 343 making it fun again.

Soldier 95B
    See, and I thought Halo Reach was actually my favorite Halo to date, with Halo 3 ODST being my least favorite, a huge disappointment for me.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Mine were about the same. ODST, mediocre for me, Reach was best, now 4 is WAY BEST! lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'm still pissed at Reach. Totally retconned Fall of Reach, Bungie can't even follow their own damn mythos.

In a way, I'm glad that its been passed off to FANS of the series.. Because they will (and so far have) revere the original mythos and stay true to it whenever possible.

The final mission of delivering Cortana from Halsey to the Pillar of Autumn... Which was docked on Reach.. Made me so damn angry. All of that was made up on the spot for that game. None of it was even remotely according to the original book released as a prologue for the first game in 2001.

Ugh.

AND WTF WAS WITH BRUTES BEING ON REACH?! Hell, the Chief himself hadn't even been face to face with an Elite yet until he boarded the station above Reach and ran into Sgt. Johnson.

Contact Harvest was also a joke of a book.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-08-2012 at 21:51.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    For me Reach was far too slow, and they put way too much focus on the armor abilities. It also seemed like they forgot to make maps for the game and just threw a bunch of $#@! together in Forge 2 weeks before release.

SO far 4 seems much more fast-pace, but also balanced.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Seems like its due to the A50. It's a new product with very different tech (wireless) compared to their other products, so this is kind of understandable. I got the wired version (A40).
    There are A40's made now, they call them the "2013 A40" and they're getting a fair share of returns and consumers finding faults with the product.

A50's are all defective one way or another, even guys claiming that they're fine have voice chat issues where others say their voices sound muzzled out or scratchy. That's the better cases according to their forums.

Don't get anything I said wrong, I'm positive your A40's are the best A40's Astro ever made back when they're products were beast but the direction of the company has changed since Skull Candy bought them out back in April 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    AND ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A BEAUTIFUL FULL BODIED WOMAN. I'm actually impressed you realized that was from Mrs. Doubtfire.
    I remember watching Mrs. Doubfire back when it released in the 90's, I always enjoyed this film, Pierce Brosnan's character could not catch a break with Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Amazon uses Lasership quite often. I am actually surprised that they just used them for you now. I haven't had any bad experiences.....I have gotten items from lasership a day earlier than I am suppose to compared to UPS/Fedex. I am also Prime member.
    I had them once before, but I thought it was because I ordered an uncommon item.

So far, I much prefer UPS/FEDEX.

Forum Elder
    so i guess its not sold as well as previous Halo's going off the silence from MS as they usually shout from the roof tops how well Halo has done in just a few days.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    so i guess its not sold as well as previous Halo's going off the silence from MS as they usually shout from the roof tops how well Halo has done in just a few days.
    Numbers will likely be out later today.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Very true.

With just the name alone you have to assume it has done well since release. It is a solid game no doubt.

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headli...in-11812-.aspx

The Halo Bulletin: 11.8.12

I think we're just getting started

Over the past few days, babies were born, presidents were elected, and games were released—one of which just happened to be Halo 4.

To say we’ve been overwhelmed by the response to our game would an understatement. We’re humbled by your feedback and blown away by how many of you are spending significant amounts of time traversing our virtual battlefields. Here is a teeny-tiny peek into our day one numbers:

More people played Halo 4 in the first 24 hours than any other Halo launch day in history.

We’ll be sharing more details on Monday, but that should whet your appetite for the hard stats that are coming. Thank you for playing our game and stay tuned for additional updates, because we have some amazing things planned for the future of Halo 4.

Midnight Madness

It was a very surreal moment when the clock struck midnight on November 6. A day almost four years in the making, a single tick of the clock marked the occasion as stores around the world began releasing Halo 4 into the wild. From a giant glyph hovering high above the River Thames to Jen Taylor and Steve Downes dual wielding Sharpies and smiles, over 10,000 midnight launch events around the world played host to a variety of different festivities, making the launch of Halo 4 a night to remember.

Check out this pictorial recap showing how your fellow community members celebrated the release of Halo 4.

The vast majority of 343 attended a launch event, and we had a blast celebrating the release of our game with you. We hope you had a good time, too!

Halo 4 Housekeeping

While the launch of Halo 4 went off without a hitch for the majority of you, a small percentage of players are experiencing a few different issues. We are tracking these issues and providing regular updates in the following forum thread: Issues being investigated.

Please utilize that thread for reporting any and all problems you may be experiencing (we also have a Halo 4 FAQ, so check to see if your issue has been covered there first). We kindly ask that you utilize that thread for actual issues with the game. While we absolutely care that you think Cortana’s thighs are too large, that is not the appropriate place to make that post. You know who you are.

Here are a few of the more common questions (and their relevant answers) we’re seeing right now.

Y U No have game manual?!

In an effort to save the world (and by world, we of course mean trees), we created an in-depth online interactive guide. You can access that here: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4Guide.

How does the install process for Disc 2 work?

Disc 2 contains largely multiplayer content. You can put it in at any time, even before Disc 1, and install the content. You will get a slideshow, some music and a progress bar. After a few minutes, you can remove that disc and never deal with it again. Everything multiplayer, including Spartan Ops, Forge and Campaign can then be launched from Disc 1.

My Disc 2 is failing to install. HELP!

If you’re experiencing issues installing Disc 2 content, choose “Spartan Ops” or “War Games” in the menu. You will see a message saying you need to install the content. Please choose the “Download from Xbox LIVE” option.

If you have done a partial install with Disc 2 (i.e., your last install was either corrupt or interrupted), delete the old package before attempting the reinstall process. You can delete the old package by following the below steps:

1. Go to the Xbox Dashboard
    2. Go to the “Settings” tab
    3. Select “System”
    4. Select “Storage”
    5. Select “All Devices”
    6. Select “Games and Apps”
    7. Select “Halo 4” from the list of games
    8. Select “Spartan Ops Season 1.0”
    9. Select “Delete”
    10. Select “Yes” to confirm
    11. After it deletes that package, select “War Games” from the list
    12. Select “Delete”
    13. Select “Yes” to confirm

My Xbox crashes every time I try to go to Halo Waypoint from Halo 4. Fix it!

You fix it! You can do that by deleting Halo Waypoint and reinstalling it.

What’s up with the daily XP cap?

The daily XP cap is intended to preserve the integrity of the progression system. In other words, it’s in place to provide an early gate from players running amok in their progression. When we launched, we had a bug where double XP tokens were being consumed even when you went over the cap. That has since been fixed. In the coming weeks, we will be monitoring how many players are hitting the cap so we can respond accordingly.

Sometimes I see a different set of hoppers, and my SR gets set back to 0. Why does that happen?

What you are seeing are “fallback hoppers”. When you enter this mode, you will see a UI notification. It shows up on the “Find Game” screen for War Games. In previous Halo titles, you’re dependent on the servers to get the information you needed for Matchmaing, and if they go down, you can’t play. Fallback hoppers are a new functionality for Halo 4, and they allow people to continue playing Halo 4 when there are server issues.

In order to preserve the integrity of the online experience, there are some limitations to this functionality:

• Reduced XP earn rate, counted as offline XP
    • Players in the fallback hopper cannot play with those that are using the regular server hoppers
    • Player customization is disabled (no armor, loadouts, emblem)

Since the server isn’t actually available in fallback hopper mode, you’ll be missing functionality that the server provides. This includes:

• Spartan Ops
    • File Share
    • Service Record
    • Commendations
    • Challenges
    • Double XP tokens

You will automatically be switched to fallback hoppers if you fail to download a necessary file. You’ll remain in fallback hoppers for up to 10 minutes after the services return. When in this mode, it’s a good idea to relaunch the game on a regular basis, so you can reenter the regular hoppers as soon as they’re available.

Now that we’re done with the housekeeping, we’d like to say that we hope your experience with Halo 4 has been nothing short of pleasurable. If that’s not the case, definitely let us know here.

Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update

As you read the above title, you’re probably thinking, “We get a Matchmaking update already?!” and the answer is yes, you do indeed get a Matchmaking update already. Welcome to Halo 4, Spartans!

Halo 4 Matchmaking updates will occur on a more frequent basis than what you’re accustomed to with Reach. Instead of monthly updates, we will be providing weekly updates, with the goal being to provide fresh content on a regular basis. We will maintain a static set of playlists and feature one or two “rotational” playlists on top of that. We will be monitoring trends and statistics closely so we can react accordingly to your preferences and likes. For instance, if one of our rotational playlists consistently holds a higher population than one of our static playlists, we will consider swapping them out based on player demand. The process will be fluid and based on numbers, and we’re extremely excited about the benefits of our new approach.

So, what brand new playlist do you get next week? You get everybody’s favorite “Boom, headshot!” game type. Oh yes, it’s time for SWAT! By the way, please excuse the sobbing you might be hearing right now. It’s Frankie, weeping his man-tears of joy.

Now, on to the nitty-gritty of SWAT in Halo 4.

We’ve carefully balanced the damage resistance to allow both the Battle Rifle and the DMR to compete against each other in SWAT. Another change is that we’ve removed the shield HUD; so combined with disabled radar and no ordnance, you get even more visibility during a match.

Below are the exact number of shots it takes for each weapon to kill.

• DMR – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
    • Magnum – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
    • BR – 7 bullets to the chest (this gun shoots three bullets in a burst, so the first bullet of the third burst will kill the player), 1 bullet to the head

These are the maps that will appear in the SWAT playlist.

• Haven
    • Adrift
    • Complex
    • Abandon
    • Solace

Here are some strategies for those unfamiliar with the SWAT game type.

• Aim for the head!
    • Use a DMR for long range encounters and a BR to sweep hallways.
    • A Magnum is more effective than melee at very close range because of its incredibly fast fire speed.
    • Use callouts with your teammates; communication allows you to work more efficiently as a team.
    • Pick up a DMR or BR off of an enemy. Having both weapons is a big advantage.
    • Learn the maps to keep your reticle at headshot level.

And finally, here’s a preview of our planned settings.

Mode

SWAT

Teams

4v4

Score to Win

600 [60 Kills]

Loadout 1

DMR, Magnum

Loadout 2

BR, Magnum

Grenades

Disabled

Shields

Disabled

Damage Resistance

.8 – Headshot = Instant kill

Motion Tracker

Off

Infinite Ammo

On

Shield HUD

Disabled

Ordnance

Disabled

We hope you love SWAT in Halo 4. After you’ve had a chance to play it, be sure to visit the Matchmaking section of our forums to leave your feedback about this particular game type.

See you next week, and thanks again for joining us on this amazing journey. We appreciate your support, more than you know.

Also a trailer for the second episode of spartan ops:

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's just been a few days. They'll be giving the numbers soon; post above this one....

This is by far, the best Halo game. From SP to MP, and beyond. Best game this generation as far as this genre goes. Easily.

Unbound Mercenary
    It's just been a few days. They'll be giving the numbers soon; post above this one....

This is by far, the best Halo game. From SP to MP, and beyond. Best game this generation as far as this genre goes. Easily.
    Stop okay...just stop.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ha! lol. I know you wanna play it, badly! lol. You can pay me back in BLOPS2. lol

Unbound Mercenary
    Ha! lol. I know you wanna play it, badly! lol. You can pay me back in BLOPS2. lol
    Ain't that the truth. I'll be hunting you down! lol

My inner gamer is beggin me to just buy Halo 4 right now. lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Just go buy it.. I can spot ya a twenty.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    How about spotting me a 20!

*Hides copy of Halo 4 behind his back.*

I never bought it yet!

8 years and counting!

Unbound Mercenary
    lol Thanks man, but I'll probably just wait. Or not. My mind is torn right now. lol

Thread Information