Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    my xbox crashes every time i try to go to halo waypoint from halo 4. fix it!

you fix it! you can do that by deleting halo waypoint and reinstalling it.

lol!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I'll be hunting you down! lol

My inner gamer is beggin me to just buy Halo 4 right now. lol
    Why didn't you take the $25 preorder credit offered through the Microsoft store.

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Why didn't you take the $25 preorder credit offered through the Microsoft store.
    Didn't know about that. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Didn't know about that. lol
    Perhaps you can find a combo deal around black friday/cyber monday deals.

For now this is the best deal I know of:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103248

5. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Hmmm...I may take advantage of that.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Out of curiosity, does anybody have a code for the Gamestop Forest armor skin? I'm willing to trade my web armor skin for it.

Soldier 95B
    Installing disk one now

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Technical Advisor
    I was right. I called the voice actor for the Didact before the game even shipped or there was information about him.

Off of ONE sample from a trailer.

Keith Szarabajka.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Just had my best game, on my very first Big Team Infinity Slayer game.

Went 17-6 and played rather well the whole game, that's a great score for me considering when I first got the game I was going 5-15 and 4-17 and scores like that. My best before this game was 16-10 on Infinity Slayer.
    Last edited by EHY893; 11-10-2012 at 03:02.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll have some MP videos uploaded tomorrow. This game is such a beast!!

PSU Technical Advisor
    Beat the game on legendary. Terribly easy, actually. Not as hard as previous Halo titles..

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's just been a few days. They'll be giving the numbers soon; post above this one....

This is by far, the best Halo game. From SP to MP, and beyond. Best game this generation as far as this genre goes. Easily.
    Chart Track wrote:

Microsoft’s ‘Halo 4’ debuts at No1 and arrived on Tuesday 6th November.

‘Halo 4’ sold slightly more units than last week’s PS3/360 ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ and ‘Halo 4’ ranks as the 18th biggest SKU launch in terms of week 1 units, but does not beat 2007’s ‘Halo 3’ (15th biggest SKU) or indeed 2010’s ‘Halo: Reach’ (12th biggest SKU).

The only other new entry in the Top 40 this week is Sony’s PS3 ‘LittleBigPlanet Karting’ at No24.
    http://www.chart-track.co.uk

so with a bigger installed user base, Halo 4 has sold less. wonder what MS's spin will be.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 11-12-2012 at 19:04.

Soldier 95B
    Well, just finished the campaign yesterday. Boy am I at a loss for words. What I do know is that Halo 4 is epic in almost every aspect. Story line, awesome. Game play, phenomenal. Glitch free play through, nailed it. 9 hour campaign, sweet. AI, smart. New enemies, new weapons, check. I think they notched the difficulty up too. I played on normal, and was getting killed the same as I was when I played the others on Heroic.

Sandbox style, physics, particles graphics, HD....untouched. Wow. Most of the time I was playing a PC game. They raised the new standard for console, that is for sure.

Right now this is my game of the year and most likely to be my game of this generation.

Just WOW.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Well, just finished the campaign yesterday. Boy am I at a loss for words. What I do know is that Halo 4 is epic in almost every aspect. Story line, awesome. Game play, phenomenal. Glitch free play through, nailed it. 9 hour campaign, sweet. AI, smart. New enemies, new weapons, check. I think they notched the difficulty up too. I played on normal, and was getting killed the same as I was when I played the others on Heroic.

Sandbox style, physics, particles graphics, HD....untouched. Wow. Most of the time I was playing a PC game. They raised the new standard for console, that is for sure.

Right now this is my game of the year and most likely to be my game of this generation.

Just WOW.
    really? i thought the difficulty was down, not up. heroic was pretty $#@!ing easy - especially the end. there were a few relatively hard bits, but nothing major. and i pretty much put this down to the AI. being killed? hide behind an object. time and time again the enemies would let my sheilds recharge despite being 5 feet away. i could seriously count on one hand the occassions where they actually hunted me down.

that certainly wasn't the case for halo3.

also, come on, there was nothing epic about the last two or so missions. it was a sad fact that i knew the ending was coming because of the storyline, not the action. take the last battle - nothing made it stand out. it was no more difficult, it wasn't a stand off, it wasn't big in scale. nothing.

having said that i thought that the game as a whole was brilliant, bar those very minor details. loving mp.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    really?
    I stand corrected. I have not COMPLETED the previous Halo's on Heroic. I have completed some of the campaigns on heroic, but dropped to normal when getting stuck. I will add that my son, 13, ended up playing it co-op with a friend on easy and they found it tough at times. That was our experience, but clearly the experiences differ. Chalk it up to AI being programmed to reactive different based on gameplay style, or you destroy me in your ability to play shooters (which wouldn't surprise me, I am not good at them, even though they are my favorite genre).

i could seriously count on one hand the occassions where they actually hunted me down.
    If I had a dollar for every forerunner that would disappear and then re-appear on my ass, I would be a rich man.

also, come on, there was nothing epic about the last two or so missions. it was a sad fact that i knew the ending was coming because of the storyline, not the action. take the last battle - nothing made it stand out. it was no more difficult, it wasn't a stand off, it wasn't big in scale. nothing.
    Not every game has to have a big boss. It just has to be a good experience, fun, a game that is worth the $60 value. Big boss battles do not dictate. Just because the final battle isn't of an epic scale, that should take away from the other epic scaled events earlier in the game.

Here is the definition of Epic:

1. notng or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style.
    2. resembling or suggesting such poetry: an epic novel on the founding of the country.
    3. heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war.
    4. of unusually great size or extent: a crime wave of epic proportions.
    Of which, in my experience, this game qualifies for.

having said that i thought that the game as a whole was brilliant, bar those very minor details. loving mp.
    Glad you enjoy it too. I have very little time in the MP, but will tackle more of that tonight.

Forum Elder
    not finished single player yet and while i do like the game so far, its just that.... i only like the game.

Soldier 95B
    Microsoft's take on Halo 4:

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/12/ha...irst-24-hours/

“Halo 4” Makes Entertainment History with More Than $220 Million in Global Sales in the First 24 Hours

Yup…it’s big. How big? The “Halo” saga eclipses the biggest movie launch in U.S. box office history; on track to reach over $300 million in global sales in the first week. Full details just went out in the press release:

In a year when Hollywood is rolling out its biggest blockbusters, one video game has eclipsed them all. “Halo 4” is on track to reach $300 million in global sales in the first week, making it the biggest “Halo” launch in history and the biggest entertainment launch of the year to date. In the first 24 hours of its release, “Halo 4” garnered more than $220 million worldwide, eclipsing the record for the biggest day-one opening in U.S. box office history, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” and the biggest movie of 2012, “The Avengers” – based on U.S. sales alone.

The launch of “Halo 4” propelled lifetime sales for the “Halo” franchise beyond $3.38 billion, cementing its status as one of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world. “Halo 4” also shattered the record for the largest number of players in the history of the “Halo” franchise, with over 4 million players in the first five days. Users spent a total of 31.4 million hours playing “Halo 4,” pushing the total number of gameplay hours across the “Halo” franchise well beyond the five billion mark.

“We’re thrilled that ‘Halo 4’ has emerged as the biggest U.S. entertainment launch of the year,” said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. “Thanks to the millions of fans worldwide who helped make this another record-breaking launch for the ‘Halo’ franchise, ‘Halo 4’ is kicking off a strong holiday season and has become the must-have blockbuster experience of the year.”

“Consumer demand and excitement for ‘Halo 4’ is even greater than we anticipated,” said Tony Bartel, GameStop president. “Day-one sales of ‘Halo 4’ make it the biggest ‘Halo’ launch in GameStop history and the biggest game launch on any platform so far this year in our stores.”

As further testament to the unprecedented excitement surrounding the launch of “Halo 4,” Microsoft announced that online content for the live-action digital series, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” has generated more than 46 million total views to date, including 39 million on Machinima.com’s YouTube channel alone.

Hailed by NBC News as “breathtaking, heart-breaking and awe-inspiring,”1 “Halo 4” has garnered universal acclaim as one of the top-rated video games of 2012,2 and sparked a worldwide celebration when it released on Nov. 6. More than 10,000 retail stores in more than 40 countries worldwide, including Seattle, Paris, London, Berlin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and Sydney, opened their doors at midnight to commemorate the highly anticipated return of the Master Chief. In London, a massive 50-foot illuminated glyph symbolizing the new threat in “Halo 4” flew over the River Thames, marking one of the largest objects ever to be flown by helicopter as a lighting art performance. Additionally, for one day only, Microsoft transformed the European country of Liechtenstein into a replica of the “Halo” universe, signifying the first time a brand has taken over an entire country for an entertainment launch.

Developed by Microsoft studio 343 Industries exclusively for the Xbox 360, “Halo 4” is the next blockbuster installment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. “Halo 4” continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe.

The game takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a groundbreaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it – setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.

The standard edition of “Halo 4” will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP 3), and the Limited Edition, which includes an extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” and additional bonus content, will be available for $99.99 (U.S. ERP). Fans can also pick up the Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Console Bundle for $399.99 (U.S. ERP) and a standalone Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Wireless Controller for $59.99 (U.S. ERP). In addition, players can purchase the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass for $24.99 USD (2,000 Microsoft Points), which provides access to three upcoming War Games map packs as they become available in December, February and April, and represents a savings of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the packs individually. 4

######

1 Source: NBC News: “Halo 4” makes the Halo series even more epic

2 As of Nov. 1, 2012. Source: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

3 Estimated retail price. Actual retail prices may vary.

4 Savings based on estimated retail prices. Actual retailer prices may vary. Content includes “Crimson, Majestic & Castle Map Packs” plus 2 in-game helmets and an emblem at a special value. If you own this Map Pass, access map packs thru the Halo 4 in-game store. Do not download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or you will be charged twice. Halo 4 game, 4GB storage, & Xbox LIVE Gold membership (each sold separately) required to use this content. (Map Pass included with Halo 4 Limited Edition.)
    Best launch yet? Not surprised after my play through of the campaign.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    For some, the game will be a different stew. I like it a lot, my son LOVES it a lot, and others don't like it as much.. etc. Nothing wrong with that. I really like hearing different opinions, reasons, etc. It kinda gives a different perspective.

Forum Sage
    220 million?

Called it.

Soldier 95B
    Doesn't seem possible since there are a lot more 360's sold than back in 2010. And Reach wasn't a numbered halo game. Plus 4 seems to be the best looking game on the 360 yet.

I expect at least $225-230 million in the first 24 hours. I will be pleasantly surprised if it reaches/breaks 250 million.
    220 million?

Called it.
    Bob Barker says "come on down!".

Soldier 95B
    Edited from Matrix's post a week ago, added Halo 4:

Halo 2 125 million 24 hours.
    Halo 3 170 million 24 hours.
    Halo Reach 200 million 24 hours.
    Halo 4 220 million 24 hours.

What games have exceeded that? I assume Call of Duty titles have that beat, since they are multiplatform?

Dayum, Halo 4 owns. That seems to be around 3.5 million?

Forum Sage
    Bob Barker says "come on down!".
    Close enough.

Edited from Matrix's post a week ago, added Halo 4:

Halo 2 125 million 24 hours.
    Halo 3 170 million 24 hours.
    Halo Reach 200 million 24 hours.
    Halo 4 220 million 24 hours.

What games have exceeded that? I assume Call of Duty titles have that beat, since they are multiplatform?

Dayum, Halo 4 owns. That seems to be around 3.5 million?
    MW3 did 6.5 million and 400 million in 24 hours.

Soldier 95B
    Close enough.
    Yup..very impressive. I wasn't sure how it would do considering it is so close to BO2 release.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I do agree it seems easier on Heroic, getting killed hide behind something they dont seem to be agresisve in chasing you. But its also very easy to die out of cover, so it seems to me the actually difficulty was sprung up, but the AI is less agressive.

Now as for epicness, I'll leave it to the words of my brother in-law, who is not the most ardent Halo fan...but has completed the game...

"Typical Master Chief epic $#@!, pretty awesome".

He's now playing my copy of Halo:Reach for the first time.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-12-2012 at 23:33.

Thread Information