Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 22 111 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

The Official Halo 4 Thread

Well since we seem to be receiving an influx of Halo 4 info over the past few weeks, I think it is appropriate to make an official thread for the game.

Launch date is essentially confirmed for November 6, 2012.

Some Teaser Videos:

We will be getting a ton of info from MS/343 during E3.

MS's conference is scheduled to take place on June 4, 2012 at 10AM (PST), 1PM (EST), 6PM (GMT).

Assorted Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Games/overview/halo4

Mod Note: The game has now leaked, or so it appears. Spoilers will no doubt prop up online. Anyone who wants to spoil this game will take time off.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    first vid made me laugh as i do actually have a sore throat atm

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really looking forward to Halo 4.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've already put in for a week off.

5. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    GIF of the gameplay from the Conan video:

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Dedicated Member
    I like Halo! I just wish they'd stop bring back those horrible Flood aliens. There annoying as hell to fight and there getting old...

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I like Halo! I just wish they'd stop bring back those horrible Flood aliens. There annoying as hell to fight and there getting old...
    Flood will NOT be in Halo 4.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Earthbound
    Loads of new images over here:

http://www.gameblog.fr/images/actu/n...isuel_011.html

Including the new Grunt design! Graphics look brilliant.
    Last edited by dc89; 04-20-2012 at 21:04.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Halo 4 Multiplayer Hands-On Impressions
    The video is over 18 minutes long.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Unbound Mercenary
    Hell yeah! Halo 4!

Gonna make a sig in its honor.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    I am already ready for the game. Was funny way to announce the release date for the game.

Its got a while till its out but i shall buy this (for my pc) and connect a play-station 3 controller to it

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreams View Post
    Its got a while till its out but i shall buy this (for my pc) and connect a play-station 3 controller to it
    I don't recall Halo 3 or Reach for the PC. Are you sure 4 is coming out for the PC?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    More information about gameplay:

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines...tin-42512.aspx

A Halo 4 Multiplayer-focused Extravaganza: The Text Version

Last week, a pile of boxes arrived on the studio’s doorstep. Nestled within the confines of the corrugated cardboard were copies of the May issue of Game Informer—the pages of which contain the inside scoop about Halo 4, its characters, and various gameplay modes. If you have yet to absorb its abundance of information, prepare for a sliver of enlightenment as we’re going to touch on just a few of the recently revealed multiplayer topics.

• Weapon Drops

Traditionally, power weapons spawn at set locations on a map. After looking at what has worked in the past and what we wanted to change for the future, we decided to build a new weapon spawning system from the ground up for Halo 4. Our primary goal was to make the system accessible to both new and returning Halo players, and also to make it fit within the context of Infinity–a massive vessel that is the new home of Halo multiplayer.

Initial weapon drops happen at the beginning of a match. After that, timers are set for when they drop in, and subtle UI elements communicate the time and destination of their impending arrival. Drops will be appropriate for each map; for instance, long-range weapon drops (i.e., sniper rifles) are likely to occur on large maps while close-range weapon drops (i.e., shotguns) are likely to occur on tight quarter maps.

There are two important things to note about weapon drops: you’ll have the ability to customize ordnance in custom games, and not-at-all-random is a more accurate descriptor than random.

• Player Spawn System

Evaluating the average number of living players on a map at a time, how long it takes to see an opponent, how quickly you can get back into action after dying, the length of time you’re dead versus the length of time you’re alive, and overall expected life spans were all things we considered when determining the player spawn system in Halo 4. Ultimately, we opted to give players freedom over this feature.

So, in certain modes (not all), players can control the timing for when they spawn. That means that, when you die, you can choose to spawn immediately, take a short breather to select your loadout, or plan your next strategy based on how the game is going. Objective game types use specially-tuned spawn timers that are designed to suit game length, object respawn times, and scoring.

Just like weapon drops, you’ll be able to tweak (or turn off) these settings in custom games.

• Sprint

The decisions people make in matchmaking give us an invaluable amount of information about both the game and various gameplay elements. The information we gleaned from Reach allowed us to learn a lot of lessons from Armor Abilities. That and the balancing we’ve done within the sandbox led us to make the decision that everyone will have Sprint in Halo 4–meaning you will no longer have to choose between base mobility and an extra ability.

The levels in Halo 4 are designed for this faster mobility. You’re continually driven right back into action, not away from it. You can try to use Sprint to flee combat, but you’re not likely to be successful because everyone else will have it, too, thus ensuring someone will be right on your tail, shooting your back while you attempt to escape, and probably causing your untimely demise.

It’s also worth mentioning that just because everybody has Sprint, base movement is not slow. If you’re familiar with previous Halo games, we looked at the speed and mobility of Halo 3 as the inspiration for Halo 4.

• Forerunner Vision

Forerunner vision, one of the Armor Abilities that will debut in Halo 4, is still being tweaked, so I’m going to keep the details light today. While it’s being described as letting you see through walls, it’s more accurate to refer to it as sonar, where it sweeps out from its origin point to detect surrounding objects.

As with all Armor Abilities, it has tradeoffs: there is a delay before you get the knowledge of where other players are located, situational awareness is affected by the visual treatment of that mode (in its current iteration, it can best be described as shimmery), and other players within the range receive auditory cues when you activate it. So they will know when you’re peeking.

We’ll share more about this Armor Ability, and others, in the months leading up to launch.

• Spartan Ops

One of the biggest changes we’ve made to multiplayer is making story an integral part of the experience. Our new Halo 4 cooperative mode, called Spartan Ops, is an ambitious example of that. If you’re a fan of Firefight, we anticipate you’ll enjoy this objective-based multiplayer mode.

Along with introducing an ongoing CG series that will tell a story over the course of a season, Spartan Ops will also give you the opportunity to play weekly missions that relate to that fiction. This mode will provide an outlet once you complete the Campaign to further the story past the game’s end.

Spartan Ops is part of the Halo 4 package, i.e., not paid DLC.

Our vision for the Halo 4 multiplayer experience is to continue the tradition of giving you the tools to craft your own custom experience. A lot of these settings can be tweaked, and, right out of the box, you can put the disc in and have the experience you want in system link games, tournaments, etc. Giving players choices, and empowering them to make choices for how they want to play, is a priority for us.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    I don't recall Halo 3 or Reach for the PC. Are you sure 4 is coming out for the PC? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Its not. He can always "dream" though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Its not. He can always "dream" though. lol
    How can you be so sure?

I haven't seen it announced anywhere.

It might, you never know, if games such as GTA, or even lets just say 'shooters' can make it to pc then i don't see why the new halo cannot.

Master Guru
    Halo 4 is going to be the pinnacle of first person shooters.

Soldier 95B
    Yeah, I don't see Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars or Halo Reach on PC. Halo 4 on PC seems just as unlikely.

Elite Member

How can you be so sure?

I haven't seen it announced anywhere.

It might, you never know, if games such as GTA, or even lets just say 'shooters' can make it to pc then i don't see why the new halo cannot.
    They want to sell consoles. If it's on the PC it's not "exclusive". MS needs exclusives.

If the last 2 Halo games were not on the PC, 4 has no chance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How can you be so sure? I haven't seen it announced anywhere. It might, you never know, if games such as GTA, or even lets just say 'shooters' can make it to pc then i don't see why the new halo cannot.
    Because Halo Reach never made it to PC and theres been no announcement that Halo 4 is coming to PC either.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    November? I wonder why they are releasing it so close to COD for?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    November? I wonder why they are releasing it so close to COD for?
    Microsoft has historically released its games in November.

And September this year is even more busy.

Thread Information