Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Do you think Sony will challenge the one month exclusivity on COD?

Am I right in thinking that this will come to an end this year?

Do you think Sony will/should challenge it moving forward?

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by nofear01 View Post
    Am I right in thinking that this will come to an end this year?

Do you think Sony will/should challenge it moving forward?
    I can't see it happening. MS are balls deep in Activision. Sony attempted to counter it with the lame ass 1 week exclusivity of BF3 dlc. I couldn't care less though, I'm a BF kinda guy.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I can't see it happening. MS are balls deep in Activision. Sony attempted to counter it with the lame ass 1 week exclusivity of BF3 dlc. I couldn't care less though, I'm a BF kinda guy.
    Couldn't care less about COD DLC monthly exclusivity either, and at this point you're pretty much right that is not likely to happen. I also thought the 1 week BF3 DLC exclusivity was only for B2K but turns out it'll be the same way for CC.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Personally I hope neither MS or Sony buy the rights to early DLC. Call of Duty seems to be gettiing to that point in which it may not be around after the next couple years. I'd say it'd be a waste of money for both companies to go in for it now.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft announced a year extension to the contract with the option of further year or something like that.

Soldier 95B
    Money talks. If Sony ponies up more, than MS will have to take a back seat. Considering the financial situation at Sony right now, the last thing Sony is thinking about is throwing money away on 1 month exclusive DLC rights for COD. Bigger fish to fry, and better things they can do with their money.

I for one hope that MS does NOT do this again. I HATE seeing the community divided like that. I wish all the 360/PS3 players got the same game, same DLC, same features all the time. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of the old days. Everyone just buys the game, at the same time and enjoys it. Now it's:

Exclusive DLC Maps
    Exclusive Timed DLC Maps
    Exclusive Armor
    Exclusive Timed Armor
    Exclusive Character
    Exclusive Timed Character
    Exclusive Limited Box Edition with Extra Missions
    Exclusive Timed Co-op Access

I want them to release a $60 game on the Wii, 360 and PS3 with them all being the same in features. I want them to release any DLC the same on all three platforms. That is it. Even in the case of Bioshock Infinite on the PS3. It comes with the original Bioshock because the BD has room. Well, everyone should get the same game for $60. They should put a second DVD on the 360 version with the game on it as well. I am so fucking sick and tired of this separation. THE GAMERS want to play the games and enjoy them, not mull over which one they should get or which one is better.

FUCK YOU publishers.

6. Likes GazzaGSi, EatSleepAndPlay, Black Beast wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Money talks. If Sony ponies up more, than MS will have to take a back seat. Considering the financial situation at Sony right now, the last thing Sony is thinking about is throwing money away on 1 month exclusive DLC rights for COD. Bigger fish to fry, and better things they can do with their money.

I for one hope that MS does NOT do this again. I HATE seeing the community divided like that. I wish all the 360/PS3 players got the same game, same DLC, same features all the time. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of the old days. Everyone just buys the game, at the same time and enjoys it. Now it's:

Exclusive DLC Maps
    Exclusive Timed DLC Maps
    Exclusive Armor
    Exclusive Timed Armor
    Exclusive Character

I want them to release a $60 game on the Wii, 360 and PS3 with them all being the same in features. I want them to release any DLC the same on all three platforms. That is it. Even in the case of Bioshock Infinite on the PS3. It comes with the original Bioshock because the BD has room. Well, everyone should get the same game for $60. They should put a second DVD on the 360 version with the game on it as well. I am so fucking sick and tired of this separation. THE GAMERS want to play the games and enjoy them, not mull over which one they should get or which one is better.

FUCK YOU publishers.
    Preach my brother!!!
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

8. Likes EatSleepAndPlay wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Exclusive DLC Maps
    Exclusive Timed DLC Maps
    Exclusive Armor
    Exclusive Timed Armor
    Exclusive Character

FUCK YOU publishers.
    This is a true gamer.

10. Likes Black Beast wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information