Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

5 Current And Upcoming 3DS Games To Make You Regret Your PS Vita Purchase

5 Current And Upcoming 3DS Games To Make You Regret Your PS Vita Purchase

There is a very basic reason behind the 3DSís current lead over the PS Vita, and the DSís lead over the PSP for that matter, a superior gaming library. Thatís not to say that will remain the fact and if last weekís article on upcoming PS Vita games has anything to say, winds of change might just blow on through. For now though, I thought Iíd make all those 3DS owners wishing they owned a PSP Vita or those considering (as well as already owning) a PS Vita reconsider those thoughts. There are some definite hits from 2011 but what Iíve done is list 2 currently released and 3 potentially upcoming titles for 2012 that are almost sure fire ways to kick the PS Vita in its superior technology nether regions.
    Released:

Despite a couple minor foibles that come associated with needing the Circle Pad Pro in order to be at its best and a couple narrative hiccups; Resident Evil: Revelations is a brilliant iteration to the series. Its reviewer scores match the general fan consensus, that the re-introduction of the exploration, puzzle and survival-horror elements many felt missing from RE4 and RE5 is a simple but awesome move by Capcom. When you consider you get all of that, a well paced and brooding atmosphere, some of the 3DSís best visuals and an awesome little story that takes place between RE4 and RE5; all on the convenience of a portable handheld console, why wouldnít you want this game?

With fans, critics and newcomers to the series all (but a few) thoroughly enjoying Kid Icarus: Uprisingís welcome return; I thought it appropriate to preach this game to you. Itís not perfect by any means; there is the occasional frame rate drop, it can be uncomfortable to play for long periods of time, gets a bit long winded at times and there are a couple other niggles. Even then, this game is choked full of character and dialogue that is witty more often than not; awesome Star Fox styled sections of play; an interesting and enjoyable multiplayer; plenty of weapons, items and play styles to try; among many other things. The strengths far outweigh the weaknesses and itís a total blast.

To Be Released:

One of the better looking Kingdom Hearts adventures with all new lore, stories, characters and a refined battle mechanic promises an awesome experience to any fan of the series or genre. Itís a great series that interweaves Disney and Final Fantasy so seamlessly and perfectly that you canít believe someone wrote this stuff down. That plus the portable package, technology behind the 3DS and a lengthy campaign into our childhood promises a game to remember.

The greatest multiplayer game to grace the Wii, Monster Hunter Tri, an altogether excellent RPG styled action game that inspires mass scale addiction and ridiculous sales numbers is coming to the 3DS. Itís promising plenty of content, free-roaming and stupid plenty of monsters to beat down, how could you say no?

Elite Beat Angel meets Rhythm Heaven, with an awesome anime aesthetic and catchier than the flu tunes. If youíre a fan of thoroughly addictive rhythm games, youíll love this game. If not, well, play Elite Beat Angel and trust me when I say you will be soon enough.
    In Conclusion:

Love it or hate it, and with this yearís library of releases, the 3DS is going to sell like a lot better than last year. If youíre a fan or already own a 3DS, I doth my hat to you. If not, well youíll come around sooner or later. Just make sure to weigh up future releases when deciding between the two current-gen portable consoles
    Link:http://egamer.co.za/2012/04/5-curren...vita-purchase/

Now i am on the fence here in agreeing to this statement... So i say both handhelds have great games
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Only great game there I'd buy is KH.

Overall though the 3DS has a stronger library but I disagree with this article mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

3. Likes 33x , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    me to. It seems its picking the ones we know and not letting the others have a look in
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I can easily make a thread with 5 upcoming Vita games that would make you regret buying the 3DS. All I need to mention is Gravity Rush .

Of that list I think the Kingdom Hearts game is the only one I would get. I might try out Revelations but I have not seen a good Resident Evil game on a Nintendo hand held since.....ever.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Bleh bleh and bleh. I got both and I don't regret either. These articles are stupid. I could also write one called 5 Currend and Upcoming Vita games to make you regret your 3DS purchase with: Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Escape Plan, Super Stardust and Gravity Rush, and that's for games available at launch.

EDIT: Damnit
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

7. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Bleh bleh and bleh. I got both and I don't regret either. These articles are stupid. I could also write one called 5 Currend and Upcoming Vita games to make you regret your 3DS purchase with: Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Escape Plan, Super Stardust and Gravity Rush, and that's for games available at launch.

EDIT: Damnit
    I like the way you think!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Only game in that list id consider is RE.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    regretted nothing the only game like everyone else said i would get is kh still waiting on the 3ds lite with the second analog built-in anyways im in no rush

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I'm looking forward to these beauties:

Luigi's Mansion 2
    Mario Game (confirmed for the end of this year I think)
    New Zelda project
    Kingdom Hearts 3D
    Animal Crossing 3D
    Professor Layton & The Mask of Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony would have my money tomorrow if VITA had a GTA game in the style of the PS2/PSP ones.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I'm looking forward to these beauties:

Luigi's Mansion 2
    Mario Game (confirmed for the end of this year I think)
    New Zelda project
    Kingdom Hearts 3D
    Animal Crossing 3D
    Professor Layton & The Mask of Miracle

This, plus Paper Mario (and Rhythm Thief since I haven't got it yet).

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    will either way you are still gaming for the best dollar on both systems.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Meh pretty stupid article. Sounds like it was written by a fanboy.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I can easily make a thread with 5 upcoming Vita games that would make you regret buying the 3DS. All I need to mention is Gravity Rush .

Of that list I think the Kingdom Hearts game is the only one I would get. I might try out Revelations but I have not seen a good Resident Evil game on a Nintendo hand held since.....ever.
    Well, Revelations fills that spot nicely, it's excellent unlike that abortion that is RE5.
    Last edited by Avrum; 04-22-2012 at 03:19.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    I am waiting until the 3DS library is full of high quality titles. Spirit Cam looks pretty good and I really want to try out Resident Evil Revelations.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony would have my money tomorrow if VITA had a GTA game in the style of the PS2/PSP ones.
    Well you can play all of the PSP GTA's on the PSV.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I can also play them right now on my PSP.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    ugh I'd rather keep with MHFU which I've played a lot on the Vita; so ever regret? never. the number of games are nice if your into delving into the PSP library or just to wait for something like Gravity Rush but yeah the article is simply flamebait to be honest, already played Tri and 3rd now to MH4.

Enough of the ports, hopefully we see fresh new games for both platforms added with the lot the 3DS is getting lately which is awesome.

Thread Information