Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Same here.
    working 11-7 on both Sat and Sun so im gonna play the hell outta friday and not sleep saturday night lol.
    Im gonna try to get 30/60 hours in.
    Yeah, work sucks. I work Sat 07-13 and sun 10-19. So evenings it is, and the whole Saturday afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Patched myself and ready to go too, also got my new GFX card literally through the post now and I'll be installing that in a mo. Just need the DP to DVI-D adapter and I'll be 100% ready to go.
    That's funny because my girlfriend's waiting for her GFX card in the mail. It was broken when we ordered it so she had to send it back to get a new one.

This day is going to be slow. I feel like a kid before christmas hehe.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    20% off guild wars 2 at Greenmangaming

Use the code GREEN-DEALS-GUILD

Europe only
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    20% off guild wars 2 at Greenmangaming

Use the code GREEN-DEALS-GUILD

Europe only
    Bummer, got my pre purchase copy wednesday ready for the beta weekend

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    On it! Kicks off in a couple of hours in the UK. Can't wait

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Lucky bastards! You better enjoy the hell out of it for me! Anyone say hi for me in Guild Wars 2 would you?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Guru
    I played for about 20-30 minutes before the server crapped out. Be warned, the game's missing many things (since it's a beta, obviously) such as background music which can add to an experience.

Will leave it for tonight, let them take the hit on a large load for d-day and play tomorrow. Hopefully any kinks are ironed out to make the beta experience as straightforward as possible. That said, so far - has promise.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Hmm. I've been downloading for three hours now...boohoo. Only at 25%

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    I played for about 20-30 minutes before the server crapped out. Be warned, the game's missing many things (since it's a beta, obviously) such as background music which can add to an experience.

Will leave it for tonight, let them take the hit on a large load for d-day and play tomorrow. Hopefully any kinks are ironed out to make the beta experience as straightforward as possible. That said, so far - has promise.
    I've got background music, also got my Active DP to DL DVI-D connector today and have been trying out GW2 in not only triple screen but also 3D!

Without the 3D this game is gorgeous.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Double post.

Elite Guru
    Interesting. Might be a bug for me then. Will report that later.

Love the super widescreen shot btw!

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

*Edit*

Reported via the game. I get no music at all. Had a few hours today and am now a Level 5 engineer. Getting a good vibe from the beta.
    Last edited by *goo; 04-28-2012 at 14:23.

Elite Sage
    I thought GW2 was absolutely disappointing. As a huge fan of GW1, I was severely disappointed. Until I found out why, the Charr is boring as hell for some reason. Switched over to the human and I'm loving the game now. Can't wait till they get proper GPU support so the game can run well.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    I thought GW2 was absolutely disappointing. As a huge fan of GW1, I was severely disappointed. Until I found out why, the Charr is boring as hell for some reason. Switched over to the human and I'm loving the game now. Can't wait till they get proper GPU support so the game can run well.
    Really? How so? I was going to become a Charr engineer or Warrior. Why is it boring? Is it the starting town?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Really? How so? I was going to become a Charr engineer or Warrior. Why is it boring? Is it the starting town?
    I dunno, it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it is the town though. I started as a Charr Warrior and the game didn't feel right. Of course it is still in beta so there's that. The human worlds have a better guild wars feel to it. Still haven't tried the Norn yet though, so I'll see how that is later on.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    The Charr must be a personal feel then as one of my guildies started out as a Charr and he's absolutely loving it.

Elite Sage
    Yeah it probably is. Guess I'm just not used to it. I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the human. Also it seems to be quite a bit more difficult to level up with the Charr, and the missions are a bit harder. Oh well, my loss :/

Elite Sage
    And the beta is over. Was anybody else present at the final event? One hell of a server stress test hahaha.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Can't believe it's already over. I tried the three races and much preferred being a human.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    -Overflow servers in starting area made it almost impossible to play with my buddies but once we got to a 15-25 level zone there were no problems at all.

-I didnt really like any of the zones i was in but then again the only zones and races im interested in were not in the beta.

-I hate hate hate ranger pets. They die way too easy and when they die they dont go away they go into a state where they just follow you around waiting to get revived and the worst part is that revive and pick up loot are the same button so if my pet is in its dead state the game thinks im trying to revive it when i want to pick up loot. You cant dismiss a pet either its always with you. Want to buy archer class!!

-I didnt like how crafting worked. I really liked how WoW does it where you get a few items and just craft but the way GW2 does it is you gotta get items then make pieces to the item you want to craft then make the pieces into the item. Its a extra step that makes crafting too much of a hassle imo.

-Enemies respawned way too fast. Im talking like 1.5 minutes after killing them so if you have a veteran mob in your path expect the enemies you just killed to stab you in the back.

-Jumping with character speed made jumping puzzles incredably difficult.
    Even with my 10% speed increase it wasnt good enough.

I spent my first day just playing by myself trying to join with my friends but couldn't until all of us were around level 14. My second day i had some fun with my friends in 15-25 level zones (Norn and Charr). My third day was trying other classes and exploring zones. Exploring was fun but the other classes weren't.

Also yes Xelios i was part of the event. My server got over 165k before servers went down.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 04-30-2012 at 11:10.

RIP Oculus Rift

Elite Sage
    Yes, enemies spawn way too fast. It's pretty annoying, died a lot of times by sudden respawns.

My server scored about 220k in the event. One of the other servers managed 320k, one of the guys in there said they were spawning all these giants and everything. But the bunny was the best part

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    -Overflow servers in starting area made it almost impossible to play with my buddies but once we got to a 15-25 level zone there were no problems at all.

-I didnt really like any of the zones i was in but then again the only zones and races im interested in were not in the beta.

-I hate hate hate ranger pets. They die way too easy and when they die they dont go away they go into a state where they just follow you around waiting to get revived and the worst part is that revive and pick up loot are the same button so if my pet is in its dead state the game thinks im trying to revive it when i want to pick up loot. You cant dismiss a pet either its always with you. Want to buy archer class!!

-I didnt like how crafting worked. I really liked how WoW does it where you get a few items and just craft but the way GW2 does it is you gotta get items then make pieces to the item you want to craft then make the pieces into the item. Its a extra step that makes crafting too much of a hassle imo.

-Enemies respawned way too fast. Im talking like 1.5 minutes after killing them so if you have a veteran mob in your path expect the enemies you just killed to stab you in the back.

-Jumping with character speed made jumping puzzles incredably difficult.
    Even with my 10% speed increase it wasnt good enough.

I spent my first day just playing by myself trying to join with my friends but couldn't until all of us were around level 14. My second day i had some fun with my friends in 15-25 level zones (Norn and Charr). My third day was trying other classes and exploring zones. Exploring was fun but the other classes weren't.

Also yes Xelios i was part of the event. My server got over 165k before servers went down.
    Agree, hated my pet. I liked Divinity's Reach though

I was able to log in and so on but when I entered the world... I get a black screen everytime so i never got to play and test it out on my laptop

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    All I can say is this game plays brilliantly and looks gloriously!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    All I can say is this game plays brilliantly and looks gloriously!
    Woah! That's amazing. It must have been cool to play with that resolution...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    It was simply stunning looking at the game through a surround setup, but I had to pop the game down to a single monitor during WvW as the sieges had more than 200 people in them, not good while my CPU sucks and of course it's a CPU intensive game atm until they sort out the GPU handling.

Elite Guru
    An announcement on Twitter says there's a stress test starting in an hour. I think it's around 6 hours long.

Some more Guild Wars 2 for all you pre-purchasers!

Thread Information