Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I heard they are banning innocent players which isnt really attracting me to play this game.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I heard they are banning innocent players which isnt really attracting me to play this game.
    Don't believe everything you hear. Everyone who ever gets banned is always "innocent" lol. They banned people who used exploits. Those people claimed ignorance but they know what they where doing. they banning people who swear a lot, you know "$#@! this is $#@!ing stupid $#@! ass. I can $#@!ing believe this $#@!......" Botters and spamming getting bans to. Have yet to see anyone banned who is truly "innocent"

Lornars Pass, my god is it HUGE
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 09-09-2012 at 18:47.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Don't believe everything you hear. Everyone who ever gets banned is always "innocent" lol. They banned people who used exploits. Those people claimed ignorance but they know what they where doing. they banning people who swear a lot, you know "$#@! this is $#@!ing stupid $#@! ass. I can $#@!ing believe this $#@!......" Botters and spamming getting bans to. Have yet to see anyone banned who is truly "innocent"
    Yes. Kripparian for example. Go check his video out, he even explains why he is innocent and has proof.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Aww should have come to sanctum of ral with me. Dude how you like engi? I LOVE it. I mean TFC meets GW it is killer!!! You def can tell the devs love TFC
    I thought about going there but the Reddit guild is on Isle of Janthir. Maybe I'll switch back, depends on the server size.

Absolutely love engineer though. Definitely made the right choice with it. Excellent in dungeon runs too. The flamethrower skill is by far my favorite.

As for innocent people being banned, yeah thats garbage. Anet has been VERY lenient to be honest. When people were doing the karma weapons exploit, those to did it under fifty times were let off. 50 times, you had to have known it was a major exploit by then, and they still let you do it fifty time. As for this Kripparian guy, post a video, I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it, this guy deserves it. Anybody that plays this game would know that if you use 10k karma and get 6 gold, it HAS to be an exploit. That's a ridiculous rate, it's so obvious. I don't even craft and I could see that. Not to mention he only got 72 hours, not permabanned.
    Last edited by Xelios; 09-09-2012 at 18:58.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Yes. Kripparian for example. Go check his video out, he even explains why he is innocent and has proof.
    The guy who doesn't care so much he made like 3 or 4 diff I got banned videos even mentioning loop hole in one, lol yeah seen it. He did realize something was wrong but went ahead with it anyways. He wasent the only one banned for doing this, and he posted the exploit. Thats why he got banned. He is def not innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post

EDIT: Found it, this guy deserves it. Anybody that plays this game would know that if you use 10k karma and get 6 gold, it HAS to be an exploit. That's a ridiculous rate, it's so obvious. I don't even craft and I could see that. Not to mention he only got 72 hours, not permabanned.
    They changed it to a perma.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 09-09-2012 at 19:11.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    I watched bits of the first video and sifted through the comments, I don't have the time to watch all 3 at the moment. But he is not innocent. He's probably not even telling the whole truth. He used an exploit, got a 72 hour ban as a warning, posted the exploit for all to see, and continued to do it. What did you really expect to happen? As far as the exploits have gone, Anet has been very lenient on the abuse. As I stated before about the mystic forge exploit, that started a huge storm with all these people who claimed they only did it 10 or so times. When Anet staff responded with the count, everyone realize how deserved those bans were put out. Doing it 300, 400 times, some people were in the mid-thousands. I could probably find the thread (this all happened on reddit where the staff regularly posts) if you'd like to see it.

I don't believe for a second that this guy is innocent.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

8. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Did that one pasher boss in the planes. He sucked focused on me the entire time so i ran around in circles and he never touched me lol.

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I finally got some time to play a lot of GW2. It's been really busy for me lately and I haven't really been able to play a lot of it, but the past few days I have spent a lot of time on it and I'm about to hit level 25. I'm loving it so much though, and I've become pretty addicted to it, LOL. I really love the community events. It's just so awesome to be with a bunch of players taking on waves of enemies or a really strong enemy. For someone who really never got into MMO's that much, things like that are what I've been enjoying most. I joined a guild recently too, so I've got some friends to play with as well which has been great.

But yeah, the game is great and I'm going to go play more now. I really want to try another class out sometime, but I'm just focusing on my main character for the time being. I haven't checked out WvW yet, but I probably will soon. I really wanted to complete the second area I'm in first and get to the next area. So how's everybody else still enjoying it?

Forum Sage

I'm really enjoying it. Only around a level 21 but it doesn't feel like a grind playing it, compared to other MMO's I've played. As you said, the world events are really fun and I like that it drops your level to suit the area your in so you can still do other quests abd still get a decent amount of exp for completing it. Though you'll never feel truly strong what's a bit of a let down. Would be nice to know you could theoretically kill beasts with one hit, no biggie though.

I've not made any friends on there and I haven't joined a Guild yet but the worlds events keeps it feeling like I am playing with other people. It's genuinely a co-op MMO, if that makes sense.

Looking forward to playing a little more later, may look into joining a guild or changing server to have a few more people to play with soon but at the moment I am really loving this game and my little Asura Necromamcer. Think I may try a Sylvari Elementalist next. I've heard the guy who does Nathan Drakes voice does the acting for the male Sylvari (sp?)

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Last edited by BBK..; 09-19-2012 at 09:50.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I'm really enjoying it. Only around a level 21 but it doesn't feel like a grind playing it, compared to other MMO's I've played. As you said, the world events are really fun and I like that it drops your level to suit the area your in so you can still do other quests abd still get a decent amount of exp for completing it. Though you'll never feel truly strong what's a bit of a let down. Would be nice to know you could theoretically kill beasts with one hit, no biggie though.

I've not made any friends on there and I haven't joined a Guild yet but the worlds events keeps it feeling like I am playing with other people. It's genuinely a co-op MMO, if that makes sense.

Looking forward to playing a little more later, may look into joining a guild or changing server to have a few more people to play with soon but at the moment I am really loving this game and my little Asura Necromamcer. Think I may try a Sylvari Elementalist next. I've heard the guy who does Nathan Drakes voice does the acting for the male Sylvari (sp?)

BBK. Tapatalking.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. I definitely agree with you when it comes to your level changing depending on the area. It does have its positives and negatives, but all in all I think it's a good thing. Although, like you said, it would be nice to feel incredibly powerful once in a while when going to those lower level areas.

Anyways though, what server are you on right now? I would happily play with you sometime. I'm on the "Gate of Madness" server btw, but I assume you're probably on an EU server though. I'm not sure if we are able to change servers for free or not still, but if so then I would happily move to another server to play with you. I'm in a guild on my server but I don't really know anybody personally and I'm not really attached to it, so I wouldn't mind changing servers. I really want to find someone to kind of party up with a lot, maybe start a new character and use that character when I'm playing with them. So if you want to then just let me know, if not then that's fine too. Oh and btw, Nolan North(the voice of Nathan Drake) does the human male voice. I'm not sure if he does the Sylvari voice or not as well.

Miqo'te Bard
    For engi I really can decide to go inventions or alchemy. Turrets are nice but in dungeons they tend to get destroyed real fast. Maybe I have bad luck. Anyone else have same problem? For alchemy you take swiftness with two hander and you do massive burst dmg. Then again if we fill three fields I'm doing that.

Elite Sage
    I hate the turret skills. They're useless for me, they keep getting destroyed for me as well. Go with alchemy.

Anyway Yuuichi, I switched over to Ehmry Bay because they're leading the WvW by a longshot. Switches are still free so if you want, do it when you get a chance.

Superior Member
    Anyway Yuuichi, I switched over to Ehmry Bay because they're leading the WvW by a longshot. Switches are still free so if you want, do it when you get a chance.
    That's awesome that switches are still free. So BoyBettaKnow, if you want to switch to the same server then we can play together, maybe even start a guild if you want. Just let me know if you want to. We can even start new characters if you want.

Miqo'te Bard
    I hate the turret skills. They're useless for me, they keep getting destroyed for me as well. Go with alchemy.

I dont pvp at all, but is the server full? I like the current one because you can always find people.

Funny moment last night was lvling in the area TA is and someone said, "lvl 70 about to run dungeon who wants a free run?". Someone said so your lfg. The guy responded with "nah I am lvl 70 I can solo it" how you get that and not realize you get lvl down I have no clue. Prob did crafting to get lvl. Heard crafting can get you to max in around 4 hours if your willing to blow the gold.

That elixir gun is super op.

$#@! alchemy. To much micro managing. Hit f2 now 2 now f3 now this. Not mention having flame thrower and elixir gun on same bar hampens you but I guess got to choose but some better than other in situations. Ugh. Went back to my turrets hopefully they will do better and I changed a few things.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 09-21-2012 at 16:11.

Elite Sage
    I dont pvp at all, but is the server full? I like the current one because you can always find people.

Funny moment last night was lvling in the area TA is and someone said, "lvl 70 about to run dungeon who wants a free run?". Someone said so your lfg. The guy responded with "nah I am lvl 70 I can solo it" how you get that and not realize you get lvl down I have no clue. Prob did crafting to get lvl. Heard crafting can get you to max in around 4 hours if your willing to blow the gold.

That elixir gun is super op.

$#@! alchemy. To much micro managing. Hit f2 now 2 now f3 now this. Not mention having flame thrower and elixir gun on same bar hampens you but I guess got to choose but some better than other in situations. Ugh. Went back to my turrets hopefully they will do better and I changed a few things.
    Yeah high server population. Atleast last time I checked 3 days ago lol.

The level down thing is a bit weird, people don't realize how ineffective it makes you. I got killed by a bandit mob in the queensdale area and felt so embarassed lol.

Superior Member
    So I started my second character today. I decided to go with a Norn Ranger and it really is a lot of fun so far. It's quite a big difference than my thief character. I really like having a pet and being able to do more ranged combat, instead of closer dagger combat I would normally do with my thief. I'm only level 32 on my thief so I'm still focusing on her, but it will be fun to change things up every once in a while and play with my ranger. There is just so much to do in the game, it's insane. I would love to play all the professions but I just don't have time, maybe sometime in the future.

So yeah, I'm still loving the game so much and it's definitely been the first MMO that has really got me hooked. There's still a lot of people on too, despite Pandaria just coming out. Although I haven't been put in an overflow server in a really long time either.

Elite Sage
    I also started a new character and I have lvl 9 guardian charr. I have always played as necromancer and honestly I'm very good with it. But damn, guardian. I keep getting my ass kicked all the time. It's fun to play but I really can't survive well compared to necromancer. I have been thinking changing to elementalist now.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Miqo'te Bard
    I got a norn ranger to. I made her look native american/indian and honestly love her look. I keep trying necro but it is just missing that something that gets me hooked. Engi still going strong at 55. Doing the self healing turrets help out so much. They actualy last longer. I tried all other proff to ten and have to say engi,ranger, guardian my fav.

Elite Guru
    New site I learned about today.

http://www.guildhead.com/

If you ignore the fact it's currently promoting WoW:MoP (Lol!), it seems like a really great site for things like the database(s) and skills calculator.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Cool site ^

Does anyone else have plans, with one character or another, to 100% the map?

Via Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Yeah. I've not played it much over the last few weeks but my intention is to 100% the map at least with one character. And hopefully (over a very long period of time) see all the races stories.

Alongside that, I'd like to see what PvP/WvW offers. Only played them a little at the moment.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Cool site ^

Does anyone else have plans, with one character or another, to 100% the map?

Via Tapatalk
    Ill am but I read it also included dungeons both story and explore mode and pvp places.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Ill am but I read it also included dungeons both story and explore mode and pvp places.
    PvP should be easy enough to do. But what do you mean by story areas? Like there are some places where you have to enter an instance to get a point of interest, but you don't have to be that race to do it. Surely a single character can get to 100%

And goo, yeah I wanna do it with one of my characters. I had a Sylvari Necromancer he was really fun, lvl 24. But I started again as a human warrior and she is lvl 20 now and I'm just enjoying the weapons a lot more now. Not high levels, no subscription fee makes me really happy so I can take my time with it

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    PvP should be easy enough to do. But what do you mean by story areas? Like there are some places where you have to enter an instance to get a point of interest, but you don't have to be that race to do it. Surely a single character can get to 100%

And goo, yeah I wanna do it with one of my characters. I had a Sylvari Necromancer he was really fun, lvl 24. But I started again as a human warrior and she is lvl 20 now and I'm just enjoying the weapons a lot more now. Not high levels, no subscription fee makes me really happy so I can take my time with it
    Each dungeon the first time you do it has a story to it. Only after the story is done can you do explore mode. The dungeon story is never tied to your personal story and so far from what I seen personal story are just map areas instansed so don't count towards acheviment since ther no personal story are only.

I'm lvl 60 and taking my time with engi. Want to work on other clases till they all hit lvl 10. But man engie is so much fun. I love that there is no end game gear grind to do final dungeon. It is your 80 come on down.

Thread Information