Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00

Activision Responds to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hate

http://www.gamersmint.com/activision...warfare-3-hate

Call of Duty and hatred from the gaming community, as well as consumers in general seems to be synonymous. Its overused engine and strategy of repeating the same formula for recent Call of Duty installments has noticeably irked gamers — it’s been evidenced by the first sign of the series’ commercial decline with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3′s performance being affected negatively when compared to previous iterations in the multi-billion dollar franchise. Activision has now responded to the massive amount of hate surrounding Modern Warfare 3.
    Speaking on the PlayStation Blog, the publisher’s Social Media Manager, Dan Amrich, responded to several comments relating to the slating off of the series’ latest shooter:
    “call of duty sucks” – “Play whatever makes you happy.
    “Call of Duty is popcorn tactical shooting for the jack-in-the-box scrub looking for free kills from killstreak rewards. Horribly broken multiplayer and poorly designed, albeit good looking maps. I enjoyed all of two maps from MW3′s launch. Won’t be going back, I don’t expect.” – “Same question — which two maps worked for you and why? What didn’t you like about the other 14 maps?
    “For how much I play it, it’s a little pricey for a few maps.” – “Six maps for $15 equals $2.50 a map. Ultimately that’s up to you as to whether it’s worth it, of course, but I’ve seen other games charge $3 or more per map.
    “No offense Dan, but the majority of the players consider it to be 4 maps at $3.75 a piece. While there is appreciation out there for the design and dedication of the spec ops missions, I’m afraid the majority buys the packs for the multiplayer maps.” – “Well, every player has to decide whether any game, content, or DLC is worth it to them. Elite premium members get all that stuff at a discount (and still can), but six pieces of content is still six pieces of content.
    “YEAH…… a crappy add-on for a crappy $60 add-on XD CAlL OF DUTY BLOWS!!!!!!” – “So…play something you like more. You could be championing a game you like more instead of slagging this one and the people who have fun with it. Why waste your time complaining about a game you don’t enjoy, you know?
    One user said “You need to do like FOURZEROTWO…and look for a new company to work for. “GREEDVISION” is really getting bad.” to which Amrich replied:
    This is an interesting take, because every single game publisher in the entire industry is a business and looking to make a profit. What’s more, CoD is very popular and a lot of fans look forward to new maps and DLC releases. So…well, I just don’t buy into the “greed” thing when it’s really just giving people what they want, and charging money for products and services — which is what every business does, from car companies to grocery stores to restaurants and movie theaters.
    Charging money for something does not make anybody greedy. But you always have the absolute power to choose how you spend your money, no matter what. So support whatever things you feel are worth the money and are likely to make you the happiest. That’s all — and that’s normal!
    Amrich also said on DLC packs and other general hate for the Call of Duty series:
    When you are making a game the size and scope of CoD, with an audience this large, it’s impossible to please all of the people all of the time. But yeah, giving different kinds of players something in each DLC pack seems to be the best way to make the most amount of people happy on a regular basis.
    I never really understood the attitude that if you like Military Game A, then Military Game B must suck and then be wiped off the face of the earth. A and B might both be of interest, you know?
    Like, thank goodness nobody says “no more sci-fi movies, they already made one.” Different approaches work for different people.
    In addition, Amrich responded to a commentator who stated “Millions of people play and enjoy this game every day. Why is it always only the haters who decide to vote and comment?”:
    I don’t know, but my guess is that the people who do enjoy Call of Duty are out playing it, rather than commenting here. I would have thought the people who didn’t like it would simply spend their time playing games they liked more.
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has sold over 13 million units to date, but it’s nowhere near to the usual 20 million plus milestone which has been exceeded by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops with the latter selling over 25 million copies on consoles.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lol, I like how they are pretty much saying to go "F" yourself. Go play a game you like instead of ragging on this one. I guess you can not expect any changes to the game lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    What can he say, this games sells millions,it's the most profitable game this generation,It's up tp the majority who have problems with it to start changing those numbers.Because this is the only thing that will drive their attention.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Whiny gamers always makes me laugh. I don't like Activision all that much, but I did enjoy his answers lol
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I didn't enjoy the game much but my little brother seems to enjoy it a lot. If a lot of people don't agree with the concept of Call of Duty anymore then perhaps they should not buy the next installment.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i rented it...decided its the same old, and didn't buy it. If they decide to do something different with it then i'll take a peek, but until then i vote with my wallet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Likes SynYster505 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is turning over in its grave.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Maybe the decline in sales of MW3 was in part due to BF3?

Thread Information