Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru

Metal Gear Solid 5 could be set in Africa, star Big Boss

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ar-baby-snake/

Metal Gear Solid 5 will be set in 1970s Africa, star Big Boss and - and maybe, just maybe - show the birth of baby Solid Snake, according to an in-depth investigation in the latest issue of PSM3.
    In a 10-page feature, Metal Gear series expert Dan Dawkins provides forensic analysis of the Metal Gear timeline, while piecing together over 12 months of Kojima's cryptic tweets, a raft of existing clues and all the 'Next MGS' imagery to date.
    The most obvious clue about 'the next MGS', comes from the recent Kojima Productions GDC recruitment advert, where a picture of Big Boss (the hero of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker) is accompanied by the call to arms, "Big Boss Wants You!".
    The Kojima Productions site itself 'hides' another image of Big Boss with a 'Diamond Dogs' logo on his shoulder, which Dawkins claims is a reference to both the 1974 David Bowie album Diamond Dogs (Kojima being a confirmed Bowie fan), but, more importantly, the diamond mines of Angola, against which some of the action could be set.
    Previously, characters such as Frank Jaeger aka Cyborg Ninja and Big Boss himself have all been revealed as having links to the continent via countries like South Africa, Rhodesia (neé Zimbabwe) and Mozambique, further reinforcing Africa's importance to MGS canon. Need convincing further? We've included a sample spread from the magazine detailing Dawkins' thinking.
    As well as all that, PSM3 explains why the choice of location and timeline could mean a reprisal for Gray Fox (aka Ninja from MGS on PSone), focuses on the philosophical dispute between Big Boss and Major Zero that inspired the plot of MGS4, and reveals how the game could address modern world, mid-economic-recession, issues. Finally, they investigate Kojima's 'Project Ogre' and whether it's the same thing as the 'next' MGS and when both games might be out
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-26-2012 at 03:16. Reason: Misleading title

2. Likes claud3, plustheharm likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    I like that idea of Big Boss and Major Zero's conflict dispute being displayed in a game but what happened to The Boss and the Cobra Unit being the front runners for MGS5?

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    it should be in the 50's Korea, where Big Boss learned his $#@! from that one broad

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    i would have preferred a Metal Gear remake, show Solid Snake as a fresh soldier in the field. But this is good too.

7. Likes plustheharm likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Like the sound of this to be honest whatever they go with im sure it will be epic as always.

9. Likes plustheharm likes this post
    Veteran
    As long as a brand new Kojima's MGS and not a twist off like MG Raiden, I'm totally down for it and if it's gonna look that great I bet it'll be the best MGS game.

Dedicated Member
    This is more or less what I was hoping for. I can't wait to hear more. A PS3 game featuring Big Boss would be amazing.

12. Likes plustheharm likes this post
    Forum Guru
    LOL the game is not going to STAR THE BABY SNAKE. that'd just be ridiculous to have this little baby sneaking around beating people up.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It makes sense that the player would play as Big Boss. I believe everyone wanted to see Metal Gear Solid 5 go in that direction for the longest time. I'm hoping Project Ogre is a new IP though. As much as I liked playing the Metal Gear Solid games, I really want Hideo Kojima to work on something different for a change.

15. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'm with ya on that, Blacksite. I don't know what else you could add to the MGS story.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    I like that idea of Big Boss and Major Zero's conflict dispute being displayed in a game but what happened to The Boss and the Cobra Unit being the front runners for MGS5?
    Other then training Big Boss, what does Boss & the Cobra unit have to do with MGS other then the parts they've already played?
    Metal Gear wasn't even around until after Boss died, so....?

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Metal Gear Solid, no matter where its set. Will always be a legendary game and the series is and always will be amazing
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Other then training Big Boss, what does Boss & the Cobra unit have to do with MGS other then the parts they've already played?
    Metal Gear wasn't even around until after Boss died, so....?
    There was an idea that mgs5 could have been done with the boss and the cobra unit. Their assembly and their battles, especially at the Normandy could have been a potential storyline for mgs5

Ancient
    There was an idea that mgs5 could have been done with the boss and the cobra unit. Their assembly and their battles, especially at the Normandy could have been a potential storyline for mgs5
    Yeah I know, he also said that idea would be more of spin off, perhaps it's still coming, but not as a mainline game, it would make sense for it not to be mainline.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Guru
    i'm looking forward to see the bosses we'll be fighting. MGS always hve the awesome bosses.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    LONG LIVE BIG BOSS!

What a beast! Solid Snake, come at 'em bro!

Can't wait for where its set. Just to know Big Boss is runnin' the show makes it that much better.

Sorry folks. I have a real strong [no $#@!] love for Big Boss.

23. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    im getting MGS5 and i think hes going off of the msx version which was awesome, he needs to remake MGS1 and make it subsistence version of the game. i have the green and a red version :P i cant wait to see a bunch of trailers!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    For sure need the old story I'm sick of not playing snake pliskin no more metrosexual ninjas please

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure all the metal gear solid fans wont agree with me here but i really didn't enjoy the fourth one. It wasn't so exiting :/

and every time snake died, the other guys like 'nooo snakee noooo' lmfao. How annoying.

Will give the fifth one a try though.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i hope the name of the villain is "even bigger boss" and he's on a skateboard. and "even bigger boss'" boss name is "the most bossliest boss, of all bosses" and rides a unicycle

EDIT** and of course he will be a robot who loves the japanese culture and will constantly remind us of that

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Poster
    sounds good to me, would like a bridge between peacewalker and the first metal gear to explain why miller and big boss become enemies as well as the birth of the snakes.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Baby... snake? Someone wanna explain that one?

Ultimate Veteran
    It's just as the article says: You might see the birth of Baby Snake but you're going to play as Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 5.

I'll change the thread title though since it's misleading.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-26-2012 at 03:17.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Actually probably not your fault Blacksite, I think I misinterpreted. I was thinking Solid Snake had a baby somehow, lol. Never mind my complete lack of logic and reasoning.

Veteran
    That's my question.

While I'm okay with either setting, I would be more excited to play as The Boss since it would shake things up a bit. Then imagine the level of hype when Big Boss' game is reserved for MGS6 and PS4. It would be absolute madness (and the waiting would be a BITTTTTTTCH).

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Thread Information