Rumors and leaks of Grand Theft Auto 5 details have slowly began to fill the vacuum of information surrounding GTA5. This page collects unconfirmed -- but plausible -- Grand Theft Auto 5 rumors, along with appropriate sources for each.Release Date Rumors
- A release calendar leaked by "a major UK High Street retailer" suggests an Autumn 2012 release window. 
- Sterne Agee financial analyst group predicts that GTA V will arrive in early 2013 to allow Rockstar extra time to polish the game. 
- A picture of a flyer from Canadian retailer Future Shop (taken by IGN reader Antonio LaRosa ) displays a release window of Winter 2012
- A listing on GameStop's UK site shows a 01/03/2013 release date.
Ex-Rockstar Information Leak
An Examiner article publicized a large chunk of GTA5-related rumors, stating the following:
"It has recently been brought to our attention that a poster over on the official GameSpot forums have posted a massive list of unreleased information about the future title, Grand Theft Auto V. Through a post, that has since been deleted by the forum moderators over on the GameSpot forum, along with the poster, a user by the name of Gloggle has revealed that he is a friend of an ex-RockStar employee that was fired for misconduct. Now, it seems that the ex-RockStar employee now has the intentions of leaking information on GTA V."
As for the information that was listed, you can find the post as a whole below or you can view a Google cache version here.
Warning: Number 8 on the list contains spoilers of past Rockstar titles (RDR and L.A Noire).
1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.
2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.
3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities). The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections.
4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.
5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can customise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.
HERE'S SOME STUFF YOU MIGHT LIKE:
1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R. The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.
2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.
3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.
4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs.
5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.
6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio.
7. The in-game TV now has many more channels.
8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.
9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.
10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.
11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.
1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).
2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.
3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.
4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.
5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
[B]6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
GTA V Rumours and Leaks - IGN.com
DeRaddyoMoFo likes this post
- Join Date
- May 2006
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
5x large map! I haven't even played GTA IV and thats still impressive
Not really new info, to be honest. I remember we were discussing the supposed wanted level system before and I still think it would make for a less entertaining game if the cops continued to try and find and arrest you after escaping.
GTA5 is my most anticipated game at the moment, cant wait for it! thanks for the info find Molo!
Molo316 likes this post
Not liking to cops coming after me for speeding. That's just going to be a pain.
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.
Come on guys, these are just rumours and will most likely be false. It sounds too much like the features we want, than what we will get.
Some things alone sound way too unrealistic, especially the map size.
I hope im wrong, i really do.
( these were leaked around 3 to 4 weeks ago, just sayin')
i hope for autumn 2012 but they can take the time for polishing the game and even making it more fun, i hope they bring back an add more stuff. take your time rockstar!
Trying to remember the date of release for GTA IV after the two trailers were shown. Was it in the same fiscal year or was it the following year?Why wait later when you can do now!
Itachi likes this post
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Rep Power
The trailer doesn't look all that.
I don't think 'Rockstar will ever be able to produce another GTA like San Andreas tbh.
SuperSayian5Goku likes this post
dreams likes this post
Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- San Antonio, TX
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
Some elements can be more realistic. It just depends on what you want to change.
For example, I don't mind that they updated the driving physics and whatnot for GTA IV because to me it really didn't feel like you were "driving on ice" as some people described it. However, omitting the military from chasing you when you reach a 6-star wanted level just didn't make the game as fun and exciting as previous titles (which had been a common feature all the way back to my favorite title in the series, GTA III).
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)