Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Saints Row 3

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Saints Row 3

Surely there has to be more love for this game? This game is miles better than GTA4, the missions are good and there is so much stuff to do in the game. There is not much games that can make me laugh and Saints Row 3 has done that, the guy who sings while he talks through his stick thing is real funny. Anyone else playing or have enjoyed this amazing game? I feel it deserves more love, if anyone is on the fence about this game buy it, you wont be disapointed. The graphics are not the best but they are ok, the game is just so much fun and that is what matters.

9/10
    Last edited by berts08; 04-23-2012 at 21:06.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Just got the platinum for this mate and loved every second. Not at any point during my play through did I find it stale or unenjoyable.

I checked my overall stats today before I ejected it for the first time since its been in and had no idea I had clocked almost 40 hours.

It's been the most fun, enjoyable, outrageous and daring game I have played in a long, long time and can not wait for the next instalment if there is to be one.

There's so much I want to say, express more of my opinion of the game, the OTT action, the amount of times I literally wet myself with laughter etc etc but wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone, people just need to experience it for themselves. It definitely made me have a second take on gaming and this is where it's at. In my opinion, nothing rivals this for the same genre, action and amusement.

im still playing it. love it so much.

I have put in 50 hours so far and im still not bored.

I love the chainsaw.

There is one thing im not sure about. It says you have to upgrade every slot for weapons and you get a trophy, but the trophy didn't pop up for me. I have completed everything else apart from that one.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    $#@!in sweet series, i did miss the "spray $#@! all over town" activity. they seemed to cut a lot of those out. but yeah much more fun than GTA. and an auto-tuned cancer Kazoo, you can't really top that lol

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I do still prefer Saints Row 2 to 3, its more gangster and the story and characters are just better imo. But they are such fun games, totally overlooked by a lot of people because its NOT GTA, but its so much more fun

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Played it, found it fun, 30 hours later already tired and REALLY REALLY wish i rented it.

It was decent. NOTHING compared to GTA IV IMO, then again the driving physics in IV alone make it better than pretty much every open world game to me.

Overall i preferred SR2. The map and style of the game let me down.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by fearofflying85 View Post
    im still playing it. love it so much.

I have put in 50 hours so far and im still not bored.

I love the chainsaw.

There is one thing im not sure about. It says you have to upgrade every slot for weapons and you get a trophy, but the trophy didn't pop up for me. I have completed everything else apart from that one.
    You have to upgrade 1 weapon to max level in each slot

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I received the game from the mail today(GameFly), so I'll give it a go.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I've got a few other games to finish first and Prototype 2 + Fallout NewVegas Complete Edition are in the mail but i really want to play this game someday...

I'll probably buy it for a few bucks this summer.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I do still prefer Saints Row 2 to 3, its more gangster and the story and characters are just better imo. But they are such fun games, totally overlooked by a lot of people because its NOT GTA, but its so much more fun
    This. I didn't like the characters or the story in 3 at all. It was fun, but just not as fun as 2 imo.

11. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Played it, found it fun, 30 hours later already tired and REALLY REALLY wish i rented it.
    Same here pretty much except instead of renting just waiting until it dropped in price. Got it at launch and ended up playing Saints Row 2 for months instead since it came free as a digital download. I had it on disc already so gf and i co-oped it. They took too much out of 3 for no reason (being able to pick up random objects to melee with or throw??!).

Common sense isn't all that common.

^
    the trailer isn't very, what's the word, 'entertaining'.
    + the music doesn't go with it.

Is the 'Saints row series any good? personally i've never tried it due to being a GTA fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    You have to upgrade 1 weapon to max level in each slot
    i have done that. i have upgraded every single weapon.

Apprentice

I went out and purchased SR3 from the positive posts it was receiving here, but I just couldn't get into it. I found the mechanics "clunky" and the driving, for me, just felt wrong. Probably spent about 3 hours on it, but had to return it. I know I'm in the minority though.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Surely there has to be more love for this game? This game is miles better than GTA4, the missions are good and there is so much stuff to do in the game. There is not much games that can make me laugh and Saints Row 3 has done that, the guy who sings while he talks through his stick thing is real funny. Anyone else playing or have enjoyed this amazing game? I feel it deserves more love, if anyone is on the fence about this game buy it, you wont be disapointed. The graphics are not the best but they are ok, the game is just so much fun and that is what matters.

9/10

I picked up this game a week ago and I think it's fantastic. Sure there are little bugs here and there but for some reason I get an undergroundish feel when playing this game. lots of things to do in Saints Row the third (3).

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Saints Row 3 was the first saints game that I had played and it was so $#@!in good, would've 100% it but I didn't want to buy the DLC

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

www.youtube.com/4pixelcorner

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Saints Row 3 was the first saints game that I had played and it was so $#@!in good, would've 100% it but I didn't want to buy the DLC

This was my first ever Saints Row game, I have near plat it just a few trophies to go. I am really considering buying all 3 DLC for it as I have enjoyed the game.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Thread Information