Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    The only thing holding me back, is the lack of money at the moment. I have to say though, the Vita really needs to pick up some steam, because as it stands right now, I'd hate to see it crash and burn. On the bright side, Persona 4: The Golden is in the top 3 most wanted games according to Famitsu. Hopefully things will pick up once that's released.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Price is no issue to me, but there's only 2 games I want one for, and the lineup is mostly action or shooters which I'm not into really.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I take my iPad to the crapper
    ipad sounds like a female sanitary product anyway.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    no games, just like the ps3 at launch.
    What? The PS Vita had one of the best (if not the best) list of launch titles.

5. Likes Two4DaMoney , Nitey , Thorzilla likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I bought mine cause I'm a tech addict. I tried to hold off but some tech, like 3D for example, I want to experience as soon as possible. Financially it wasn't the smartest move for me but I have no regrets. When I played Uncharted: GA and saw what is possible, it was totally worth it. It's a $#@!ing sexy looking handheld and I love everything about it. What is most exciting is it's potential, and I know when Sony say that, in terms of functionality, it will be a different console in 6 months, in a year, in a few years, via FW updates.

I'm not really concerned about the slow uptake. Sony predicted this and saw the same pattern with the PS, PS2, PS3, PSP etc so I'm not really worried. As I've said many times before: when the price drops and all these big name games are on the shelves (CoD, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Killzone, Resistance, LBP, Dust 514 (free to play Vita game!), FFX, Gravity Rush, MGS Collection, Silent Hill: BoM, Zone of Enders, Mortal Kombat etc etc) then this thing will be a lot more appealing. Also as time goes on it will get more apps, more bite size games and the a fore mentioned FW updated functionality. The price will drop and the content will rise until these two factors hit that sweet spot where people think it is a good investment.

Edit: Most beloved feature: I wake up in the morning and set up a few downloads on my laptop before going to work. At lunch I use Vita's remote play to turn on the PS3 through which I can browse and enjoy all videos and music on m ylaptop via PS3 media center, including my newly downloaded content. Fresh Naruto episodes on my lunchbreak ftw $#@!es!
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-26-2012 at 15:00.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    And still sold poorly, adding some weight to my price argument.

It's launch lineup was really very good... but still hasn't sold well.
    LMAO

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    And still sold poorly, adding some weight to my price argument.

It hasn't sold well in Japan. The PS Vita has sold very will in the US though. I do agree that the price is a little hefty. You can get the WiFi version for $224 at Lockerz.

Where is the survey Steven mentioned?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    It hasn't sold well in Japan. The PS Vita has sold very will in the US though. I do agree that the price is a little hefty. You can get the WiFi version for $224 at Lockerz.

Where is the survey Steven mentioned?

Here is an article that has a pretty interesting take on the US. Including possible US sales estimates.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...=related_right

By Kyle Orland | Published about 20 hours ago
    Average eBay selling prices for the Vita have been declining slowly but steadily from their initial inflated levels since the system's launch.
    After the 3DS launched at a historically high $250 last March, it took only four months of disappointing sales performance before Nintendo announced a massive price drop. The Vita has only been available in the US for about two months now, but some analysts are already saying Sony needs to lower its $250 minimum asking price in order to stay competitive. Current trends in the system's sales, as well as the prices being offered by some online sellers, show that these analysts might have a point.

Early sales data definitely ought to have the company worried about the Vita's sustainability. In Japan, Vita sales have been dropping consistently since the system launched in December, reaching a new all-time low of just 8,250 units sold for the week ending April 15. That's less than one-sixth of the sales the lower-priced 3DS saw that same week. It's also a few thousand units worse than the performance for Sony's aging PSP hardware.

In the US, neither Sony nor NPD officially announced precisely how many Vitas were sold in March, but leaked estimates point to sales in the 205,000 to 215,000 range. That's not a horrible number for a new system launching outside the holiday season, but it's telling that the Vita sold fewer units in the entire month of March than the 225,000 it sold in the four days following its late February launch.

It's possible that this is just a post-launch lull that will turn around once some new system-selling software comes along. But there's reason to believe that might not be enough. In Japan, Vita title Gravity Rush managed to launch as the second-most popular title in the country in early February, but still couldn't stop hardware sales from declining to a new low for the game's launch week.

Maybe customers are slow to embrace the Vita because of the system's price, rather than any lack of quality software. But how can we tell what kind of a price the market is willing to pay for the system? The online marketplace can be instructive here. After all, third-party sellers on sites like eBay and Amazon have to offer the Vita at prices that consumers will actually be willing to pay, unlike traditional retailers that are practically forced by Sony to offer the system at the standard $249 suggested price (or $299 for the 3G equipped version).

And the online pricing trends aren't too encouraging for Sony. A look at recent eBay sales data shows the average purchase price for both new and used Vita systems has been dropping slowly but steadily since the system launched, to the point where "Buy It Now" auctions for new systems are currently averaging $10 to $25 below the MSRP, depending on the model.

Third-party Amazon sales prices for the 3DS (blue) ran slightly lower than Nintendo's MSRP (green) before the price drop. The situation has largely reversed itself since Nintendo lowered its asking price.

CamelCamelCamel
    The situation is similar among Amazon's third-party sellers, who also have to price their products according to market demands. According to Amazon price tracking site CamelCamelCamel, the asking price for a new WiFi Vita dipped to a low of $235 in early April before bouncing back slightly in recent weeks. For the 3G-equipped model, the third-party asking price for a new unit has dipped from the $300 MSRP to just $280.

The small pricing differences being offered online might not seem that significant, but it's a bit illuminating here to look at the online pricing history for the 3DS. According to CamelCamelCamel, the price for a new 3DS from Amazon's third-party sellers bounced between about $200 and $235 in the months after the system was launched at $250. That price obviously dropped significantly after Nintendo announced its price drop in July, and then spiked briefly during the craziness of the holiday season.

But it's the 3DS's online pricing in 2012 that has been really interesting. The average third-party Amazon sales price has stayed at or above Nintendo's $169 suggested price for the past four months or so, while "Buy it Now" prices on eBay hover at a stable $5 to $10 below the suggested price. When you compare this performance to the larger discounts sellers were offering on new systems after the 3DS launched, it suggests that Nintendo has since found a much better market equilibrium for its system.

The pricing and sales data for the Vita is probably still a bit too rough to be conclusive on this score, but early indications are definitely pointing toward Sony not being at a similarly sustainable price equilibrium for the Vita. And finding that equilibrium could lead to a sales bonanza for the company; observe that, when Amazon offered used Vitas at a clearance price of $162.49 earlier this week, the entire stock ran out in just a couple of hours. Sony should pay close attention to the Vita's performance in these online markets as it continues to consider how best to price its portable.
    Last paragraph sort of sums up my take on it as well.
    Last edited by Cuguy; 04-26-2012 at 15:10.
    LMAO

10. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Not in my opinion unfortunately.

Personally I think the PS3 had a better launch: Resistance, MotorStorm, Virtua Fighter 5 etc.

Elite Sage
    Not surprised they were selling quick for $162 (quick search on XE tells me that is 100) that seems like a much more reasonable price. Sony still need to price the memory cards correctly. I'm a DD kind of guy now and with the mark up they've been putting on memory cards is ridiculous.

They really need to get some games out ASAP but as i'm writing this i can't even think of what kind of games they would need to release. I don't want another PSP situation where it is just smaller versions of games from the PS3. Give me experiences i can't get ANYWHERE else and i may be a little easier to part with my money but at this given moment in time the Vita doesn't deserve my money.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Not in my opinion unfortunately.

Personally I think the PS3 had a better launch: Resistance, MotorStorm, Virtua Fighter 5 etc.
    Virtua Fighter 5 released in February 2007. 3 months after the PS3 launch. The PS3 launched with 12 titles and the best ones were Motorstorm and Resistance. I think my PS3 collected dust for the next year until Sony released the trophy system.

The last paragraph Cuguy posted was pretty good. The $170 mark seemed to be what the consumers were looking for. Nintendo was wise and quickly dropped their price. I think the 3DS sales were doing much worse before they dropped the price though.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Disagree big time bro.

Ok for me, the only game id be remotely interested in was uncharted. not the ps3 games that they slimmed down for the vita. the other games just scream MEH to me.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Well we never got the PS3 till March in EU. With the Vita, both US and EU were delayed months after Japan, so it shouldve had more really. Its not almost 6 months old in Japan and there's still next to nothing on it besides Uncharted and Gravity Daze (that I'm interested in).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Well we never got the PS3 till March in EU. With the Vita, both US and EU were delayed months after Japan, so it shouldve had more really. Its not almost 6 months old in Japan and there's still next to nothing on it besides Uncharted and Gravity Daze (that I'm interested in).
    Damn, I forgot you guys got it late.

Well the Vita has a great list of games releasing in May and June. It also does not matter if some of the current games were also released on the PS3. This is gaming on the go. Some people want to play those PS3 games on the go.

Mortal Kombat
    Resistance: Burning Skies
    Gravity Rush
    Little Big Planet
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    My portable gaming time doesn't allow for a second handheld at the moment and I got the 3DS 1-2 months before the Vita came out.
    When I get to finish the 2 3DS games I have, I'll consider a Vita. Probably around autumn the way I go.

So, 2 reasons. I don't have the time, and Vita wasn't out when I decided to get a handheld.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    If you want to buy me one then feel free.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Price, and the fact the battery sucks, and there is no way to change it for one that is better.
    And peripherals are needed (i.e. another 100 bucks for a decent memory card!)

I would use it for oldies games...i.e. psp games i missed and ps one classics, as well as for movies and music.

Also, here in mexico its priced around $450 dollars, which sucks even more...

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Seems like the price is what turns many people off, I think many of thought the price was pretty decent when SONY revealed it haha.

For me the price of the memory sticks and games are more of a turnoff then the price of the console.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    At the time i had the extra cash to burn, and i was really excited to play uncharted Golden Abyss, and it didnt let me down. I actually love mine. Im kinda bummed about the lack of games currently out for it, and the absoloute lack of PSOne support, but i dont regret buying it at all. Its a gorgeous screen, i can put in a few innings on my MLB 12 the show when im on the john, or on break at work, or when someone else is watching the tv.

Better games are coming. Im actually kind of intrigued by gravity rush, and i cant wait for Warriors Lair (formerly Ruin). Mortal Kombat is another one im excited for. Im sure theres going to be some sort of God of War game coming eventually.

And on top of that, when ive got some sort of work on the computer to do, i can load up netflix right then and there and be set.

Tacos Rule!

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Because I already have one?

I think most people will hold off because of the price point and no real killer games. If it was $100 cheaper or had a slew of "must have" titles it would be flying off the shelves IMO...but ATM it has neither so only people who really appreciate the hardware and what games are out for it are picking it up.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I really like my Vita, it's a quality piece of kit. I only bought one game at launch, Hot Shots Golf. I bought Rayman the other day, but that's all that really interests me right at this moment.

It is really struggling in Japan though, last week it sold 8K units, 3DS did 80K and there is no sign of any games which appeal to the Japanese market (well maybe Persona 4), Nintendo however can't stop shovelling copies of Mario Kart out it's doors.

Vita is in dire need of some quality games and fast, it can't make the same mistake the PSP made.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Have to say, I'm twiddling my thumbs a little but until Resistance arrives, though I still haven't beaten Unit 13. FIFA keeps me amused though.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    When i commute i drive so i wouldn't use it for travelling and when i do go on long distance train/coach journeys i'd take my laptop with me and play a proper game. For small little times when i want a portable game (read: on the toilet) my iPhone is already more than enough.

[ED] I should add i do plan on buying one at a later date but at this moment in time i can't see any true reason for me to buy one other than i just want a flashy new toy
    One thing I would note on this point is that the Vita games are 'proper'. Uncharted isn't watered down at all, its 100% as big and involved as the console version.

I think thats a serious mis-conception of this thing. Its not for playing while you poop... that's what angry birds is for. This is something that is really convenient for that train/plane/backseat in the car/while your wife watches reality TV type moments.

Its a pretty serious gaming rig.

However, I do agree that if your taste isn't for the current games, you might want to wait until something does tickle your fancy. I highly enjoyed Unchated GA, and am really liking Unit 13.

26. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Bought a Vita on launch and has been playing a lot of... PSP-games on it (!). I do have some Vita-titles, but they still can't compare to masterpieces like Trails in the Sky. Absolutely love that one btw, can recommend it while waiting for better PSV-titles to appear.

Gravity Rush and later on Tales of Innocence R will be pure reasons to get a Vita if nothing else!

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    One thing I would note on this point is that the Vita games are 'proper'. Uncharted isn't watered down at all, its 100% as big and involved as the console version.

I think thats a serious mis-conception of this thing. Its not for playing while you poop... that's what angry birds is for. This is something that is really convenient for that train/plane/backseat in the car/while your wife watches reality TV type moments.

Its a pretty serious gaming rig.

However, I do agree that if your taste isn't for the current games, you might want to wait until something does tickle your fancy. I highly enjoyed Unchated GA, and am really liking Unit 13.
    I can proudly say that I'm a portable gamer, ever since I was born. Nothing else compares to being able to sit in the couch with your feet up in the air, playing a beautiful, humongous OLED screen with dual analogue sticks. Maybe it's me, but whenever I play my PS3, I have to sit all proper and stuff, since I've never been able to play properly when I'm twisted

Anyway, can't wait for some more amazing games to come out for the Vita like Gravity Rush and Resistance.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Thread Information