Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Django Unchained update: first two stills and info on the plot/character!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/two-dja...nardo-dicaprio

A surprisingly strong year at the box office will surely end on a high note when celebrated director Quentin Tarantino unleashes his rousing Western Django Unchained on Christmas Day. The first two official stills from this action-packed revenge tale have been released, offering a look at Jamie Foxx as the title character alongside Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz), whom trains the former slave in the art of bounty hunting. We also get our first look at Leonardo DiCaprio, working for the first time with Quentin Tarantino, as Calvin Candy, the proprietor of a slave ranch and brothal who has Django's wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) under his control. Check out this wild bunch as they head towards their deadly destinies.

Jamie Foxx does think the movie will be controversial.

"Oh, hell yeah. You kidding me? There's a beautiful way [Quentin Tarantino] found for the characters to talk to each other. It's mindblowing. You've never heard it this way. You've seen movies deal with slavery - or westerns that never dealt with slavery - do it the safe way. This way is like ... wow.

Christoph's character is a little aloof to what slavery actually is. He's not familiar with everything, and when he sees atrocities, it's Greek to him. But Django lets him know this is the way the world is and we got to get used to it. He teaches Django certain things he needs to become a whole man, and [Django] also teaches Christoph that when life deals you these cards, here's what you've got to do.

All Django wants to do is get his wife. He's not trying to cure or solve slavery. He just wants to get his life back."

The actor then went onto describe his character as a cross between Shaft's Richard Roundtree and Clint Eastwood.

Django Unchained comes to theaters December 25th, 2012 and stars Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Gerald McRaney, Dennis Christopher, Kurt Russell, Laura Cayouette. The film is directed by Quentin Tarantino.
    I really don't see how more controversial it can be if covering racism. Pulp Fiction is controversial because QT is white and says "$#@!" to Sam L. Jackson. Even ResDogs has some N word slurs, but I don't see how this could surpass that. Other than that, I'm hyped for this!

DISCUSS

edit: Really? None of you except RedDragon, have any taste at all in a good director?
    Last edited by Lebowski; 04-28-2012 at 06:28.

2. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Looking forward to this, he has made a movie in most genres now, hopefully we will see a sci-fi movie next

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    As long as the sci-fi doesn't go too crazy with the homages to 50's sci-fi, hell yea

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    awesome it's got Kurt Russel in it wish he was in Expendables 2. sounds like a decent film, weird time to release it though?

I quite like tarantino films, had to study his stuff when I did A level media, i do think the guy is a bit of a $#@! though

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    As long as its not Christmas day and there's no rape the release should be fine. That time of the year is the Oscar season, all sorts release then. Happy and sad. Last year was harder for the sadder/hardcore movies since the big guns were action or uplifting.

Tapatalk

Thread Information