Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Is that the tv or the PS3?

I was playing a game last night and I noticed something strange. My tv would flash, it would flash black or darkness. It kept doing it and I'm wondering what it is and what's causing it.

I'm sure it's nothing big, but I would like to correct it or know if the PS3 or tv is going out.

Thank you.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Sounds like your HDMI wire (or other connection) is about to give... Switch with another wire for confirmation.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Yeah most probably neither but the connecting wire b/w them.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Happens to me often, it would flash black for a couple of seconds and then flash back on the screen with the resolution settings appearing on the top right of the screen. Sometimes I have to switch channel back and forth to get the screen back.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah as already said it seems like a HDMI problem. Buy a cheap one off eBay and see if that rectifies it

BBK. Tapatalking.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    ive actually had the same problem for quite a while now i think atleast the last 6 months actually, i dont know if its a problem with only Sony Bravias though as i have one of those but when i first googled some hdmi/bravia problems when i first got the problems there were quite a few mentions of this being a common error which is rather annoying as my tv selection fell on compatibilty for ps3 aswell, but ye buying a new hdmi cable is prob the best to see if it does it again

For the last 2 weeks i havent had this error which is quite odd as i had just ordered a new hdmi cable but now im afraid to even try the new one out so im still going with the old one till it (hopefully not) does it again, but mine would usually go black for like 3-8 seconds and come back after a while, its rather annoying in some games as that require you to not make an error like racing games as the first initial response is not pausing it as you think something is broken lol

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I did what you guys suggested and bought a new HDMI cable. It stopped so you guys were right, after 4-5 years my HDMI cable finally went out on me.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Master Guru
    Yup, those HDMI cables don't last forever. That's why most of them are so cheap.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Yup, those HDMI cables don't last forever. That's why most of them are so cheap.
    I still have my original HDMI cable's from when they first came out. I always thought they last a long time.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Thread Information