Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Looking forward to playing this online and seeing everyone play Kratos. lol

Btw we going to give this one a "Its ok to shovel DLC" pass because we all know they are going to do it.
    So long as it isn't locked in the disc...
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I would like to see

Cole McGrath
    A colossi
    Drake
    The chick from heavenly sword
    Sackboy
    The shadow things from ico
    Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter
    Maybe the kid from Ape Escape, or the monkeys
    A Helghast
    And throw in a GT5 car just to mix things up

Edit: forgot to add that this is gonna be awesome and is probably gonna be a day one buy. I've been waiting for a game like this ever forever. Sackboy uppercutting Kratos's junk would be epic

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mooninites; 04-27-2012 at 18:45.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    A Helghast
    Radec is already in

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    3rd party charactars and some of the best 1st party Sony charactars, holiday 2012 release - BOOM. This is great news

Elite Member
    Yawn.... Looks like a kids game.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Yawn.... Looks like a kids game.
    Don't dismiss a game because it looks like a kid's game!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    Radec is already in
    You are correct. Scratch that one off the list.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Don't dismiss a game because it looks like a kid's game!
    Not enough brown and grey for some people's liking, I guess.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

9. Likes Equinoqs likes this post
    Finally You Are Free
    It looks like a very sad copy of Super Smash Brothers.

11. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    From what little they did reveal it looks like it could be pretty cool. Definitely looks like SSB, but I love all those games and if this game is like them, I'll probably love this game too.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

nintendo fanboys are all butthurt in the comments^
    OMG This looks awesome! I've been wanting a game like this for the past 7 years! Looks like it's gonna be good too.

14. Likes Ghost , Nitey likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    It's more of a health bar. The characters disappear after their bar is empty.
    Ah I see..Good point I thought it was special build up or something

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It looks like a very sad copy of Super Smash Brothers.
    Like I said before, they were likely going to have people draw comparisons to Super Smash Bros. when setting out to create a 4-player arena fighting title. But it looks like SuperBot Entertainment are adding some new gameplay mechanics to try and make the game more unique.

17. Likes Ghost , Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah plus competition in a genre that has just one existing franchise is good. I was personally hoping for a powerstone vibe to this game but this still looks really cool!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Like I said before, they were likely going to have people draw comparisons to Super Smash Bros. when setting out to create a 4-player arena fighting title. But it looks like SuperBot Entertainment are adding some new gameplay mechanics to try and make the game more unique.
    Smash Brothers being a mash-up of Nintendo characters is not what gave it its staying power, nor it being a four-player brawl as opposed to two. There is a consistency of character movement between its many competitors, an atmosphere of light-hearted competition, a leaning towards the intentional involvement of "casual" players, executed in the simplicity of its skill sets (ignoring those people who take Smash Bros seriously and do all that anti-negative-cancel-dubstep-shimmy-shally-scally-I-sit-around-too-$#@!ing-much-playing-this-$#@! style), and a consistency of speed with which fights play out.

All of which looks to have been quite heftily lifted from that game into this one. I agree with Rapture. It looks like an uninspired clone, which is sad, considering Sony has the talent to have made this something a little more unique. A third person, 3D-plane brawler that played out in literal arenas could have made this something truly extraordinary, and would be more fitting of what a lot of these games are. Mario and Kirby and Pikachu and friends started off in 2D planes; it's only natural they'd evolve into a more higher tech landscape of the same.

Cole, Radec, Spyro, Crash, Jak, Drake, etc., all began in fully fledged worlds. And Sony has the power to have done this more justice. As it is now, it's a complete grab at Smash. Which is fine--I'm sure it will still be fun. But it's still kind of funny. Or sad, depending on how involved you are in the politics of video games. If I wasn't at work right now I'd sally on over to 4chan and enjoy all the fights likely playing out at the moment.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 04-27-2012 at 21:14.

20. Likes Bio likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Smash Brothers being a mash-up of Nintendo characters is not what gave it its staying power, nor it being a four-player brawl as opposed to two. There is a consistency of character movement between its many competitors, an atmosphere of light-hearted competition, a leaning towards the intentional involvement of "casual" players, executed in the simplicity of its skill sets (ignoring those people who take Smash Bros seriously and do all that anti-negative-cancel-dubstep-shimmy-shally-scally-I-sit-around-too-$#@!ing-much-playing-this-$#@! style), and a consistency of speed with which fights play out.

All of which looks to have been quite heftily lifted from that game into this one. I agree with Rapture. It looks like an uninspired clone, which is sad, considering Sony has the talent to have made this something a little more unique. A third person, 3D-plane brawler that played out in literal arenas could have made this something truly extraordinary, and would be more fitting of what a lot of these games are. Mario and Kirby and Pikachu and friends started off in 2D planes; it's only natural they'd evolve into a more higher tech landscape of the same.

Cole, Radec, Spyro, Crash, Jak, Drake, etc., all began in fully fledged worlds. And Sony has the power to have done this more justice. As it is now, it's a complete grab at Smash. Which is fine--I'm sure it will still be fun. But it's still kind of funny. Or sad, depending on how involved you are in the politics of video games. If I wasn't at work right now I'd sally on over to 4chan and enjoy all the fights likely playing out at the moment.
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I grew up on nintendo and SSB is one of my favorites game series. I was never one of those serious Smash players, either. With all the information so far, yes it looks like a Smash clone. From the movements to the action, to Sweet Tooth's "power up" attack. However, I think it's too hasty to call it sad or anything else negative. Really none of the gameplay mechanics have been explained and we've seen just 6 characters on 4 different stages.

I for one am excited to see where this game goes. I do hope it has it's own vibe and doesn't play exactly like Smash.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    A third person, 3D-plane brawler that played out in literal arenas could have made this something truly extraordinary
    If that were the case, you would be playing "a very sad copy" of Power Stone 2. Would it be more accurate to say that these guys simply drew some inspiration from a popular title in the same genre? I've read comments from Nintendo fans (not the fanboys) who are happy that Sony finally got around to creating their own 4-player arena fighting title.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-27-2012 at 21:29.

23. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    If that were the case, you would be playing "a very sad copy" of Power Stone. Would it be more accurate to say that these guys simply drew some inspiration from a popular title in the same genre? I've read comments from Nintendo fans (not the fanboys) who are happy that Sony finally got around to creating their own 4-player arena fighting title.

By arena I meant in the same vein of Cole's world or Drake's. Being able to hide behind cover or vault over it while pursuing/escaping an opponent/multiple opponents. Unless I'm mistaken, PowerStone presented a Hawk-Eye's view of its characters. (I can't really say, I only played it once when I was younger). And, while not true for all of the characters in Sony's roster (Sackboy, Parappa), I believe the sort of game I mentioned would have been more appropriate to a lot of the game's cast.

All just my opinion, of course. As I already said, I'm sure the game will be fun, and as Sir Scud said, none of us can really say anything until we've seen it in action for ourselves.

Super Elite
    Meh. I lost interest in super smash bros like 10 years ago why would this excite me now? Its cool to see all the playstation characters in one game but that will wear off quick for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    no third party characters during ps1/2 era. pass.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    The potential cash surge for Character DLC scares me about by fighters. I have always seen fighter characters as unlocks and not cash dlc which dissapoints me. (SFxT) It being a first party Sony Game I can see quite alot of potential for it being free / already included in the disc as unlocks. (like Tekkan 6) How ever with 3rd party characters I think there may be a price :/

But seriously looking forward to this game, but like said before might be a GOTY release for me.

Current Signature Too Tall for Size Limits

60 Gig Sony Playstation 3 |Sony Bravia 52" LCD | 5.1 SS

Power Member
    I want one thing. One thing, and one thing only.

And this is it:

This game on the PS Vita.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Having seen the vids now, they copied everything from Smash Bros except the best bit.... smashing eachother into oblivion. And trying gallantly not to get smashed into oblivion when your % is terminally high. You can only kill people after going super god mode? mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yes it looks fun, yes I will def buy it, but I mean my god it is to unsettling how much they did ripoff. Put them side by side and a person who does not know the diff between the two, would not be able to tell.

Then agian that is the way with most fighting games anyways.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Having seen the vids now, they copied everything from Smash Bros except the best bit.... smashing eachother into oblivion. And trying gallantly not to get smashed into oblivion when your % is terminally high. You can only kill people after going super god mode? mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    What?

Where are you getting that?

Thread Information