Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00

God Of War: Ascension: Jaffe Reveals Ideas For Next Kratos Adventure

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1339782...adventure.html

God of War creator David Jaffe shares his thoughts on where Kratos should go in PS3 exclusive God of War: Ascension.

God of War: Ascension would have similiarities to Nintendo's Legend of Zelda and include a co-op mode, if David Jaffe were making the game, the developer has revealed.

Speaking in an upcoming issue of games™ magazine, the God of War creator said that if he was tasked with making a fourth God of War he'd incorporate three specific elements.

"[I'd] bring in different myths, add a very robust and meaningful co-star (I think lots and lots can be done story wise with co-op play), and look to the Zelda structure as a jumping off point. Hyper violent Legend of Zelda? Yes please!" Jaffe said as part of the God of War: Ascension feature in the upcoming issue 22 of games™.

Regarding a co-op mode, Jaffe added: "That could be cool. I could see that working. I'd love to see player one be Kratos and player two be this stupid annoying sidekick that - for some to be determined story reason - Kratos is stuck with for the whole adventure and in the end, once the main quest is over, Kratos just snaps the poor kid's neck."

Sounds fairly unsatisying for player two, doesn't it? We wouldn't have Kratos any other way though.

For the full feature, which also covers how Jaffe's God of War 3 would have played out ("My design saw Kratos killing Zeus in the first 10 minutes...")

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Isn't Jaffe against having a story in videogames? I remember he kept saying that for the recently released Twisted Metal. I love his ideas though, especially what he had in mind for GOW3..I would have went that way as well and descended into the heavens to kill the remaining gods and claim myself as the one ultimate god on the throne. That would have been a great game with a great ending.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    If GOW was more like Zelda I would play it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    If GOW was more like Zelda I would play it.
    Darksiders baby. Amazing game.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

5. Likes Kauldron, DarkVincent07, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    This x 1,000,000.

Elite Member
    God of War should move on from Kratos and go to Norse or Egyptian mythology next.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    God of War should move on from Kratos and go to Norse or Egyptian mythology next.

That shouldnt be god of war, that should be a new IP. But thats me.. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

9. Likes $Greatness$ , keefy likes this post
    Veteran
    Even though the combat isn't as fleshed out as GOW, it is about as close as you are going to get.

Apprentice
    this game, by sheer timeline, cannot be anything BUT a massive explorative brawler in the vein of Darksiders/twisted Zelda. I will almost guarantee you will fight in huge battles from when Kratos was just a General. You will have a hard set story line that may or may not end where the first GOW war game starts. I do not see this as playing ANYHTHING like the other GOW titles as it just cant. As they said and the game title implies, it is before he had any beef with the Gods. I imagine a very bloody, aggressive story driven game with a totally different engine/gameplay style than the others. I imagine almost a mix of Zelda/Darksiders with a lot of Dynasty Warrior type mega battles with humans and potentially multiple characters to play as through the game. Heck, an uncharted style movement/adventure system in many parts would not shock me. Either way, this will NOT be like any other GOW game. it just cant by sheer title and timeline.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Co-Op in God of War? C'mon man! Just do this prequel and be done with it! The game is a super beast as-is.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    lol Jaffe... this tool is all talk with absolute $#@! to show this gen. a single wannabe-AAA title that should have been a 10$ PSN game and a few other PSN games... Jaffe has done $#@!-all for gaming since he left GoW 1... and all he does is talk talk talk... about what other games SHOULD do... about what HE'D do if he was working on said game... Darksiders is Already doing the whole style gow/zelda thing... and with 1000000x better art direction... why doesnt he go DO $#@! instead of running his mouth? bah im sick of this guy.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    lol Jaffe... this tool is all talk with absolute $#@! to show this gen. a single wannabe-AAA title that should have been a 10$ PSN game and a few other PSN games... Jaffe has done $#@!-all for gaming since he left GoW 1... and all he does is talk talk talk... about what other games SHOULD do... about what HE'D do if he was working on said game... Darksiders is Already doing the whole style gow/zelda thing... and with 1000000x better art direction... why doesnt he go DO $#@! instead of running his mouth? bah im sick of this guy.
    Whoa! Someone's salty with Mr. Jaffe.

I don't play Jaffe games, but he seems to come off as a straight shooter. But according to you, he's full of $#@!. Your post was teh awesams! lol

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    There should be a rape scene in this game. "I AM THE GHOST OF SPARTA AND YOU WILL TASTE MY SEED!"

lolol

17. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    What an underrated game. Sat in my closet for so long before I finally gave it a chance -- such a fun and enthralling game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I concur with you both. There are so many different mythologies that games could be based on, whole series for that matter, but those should be entirely different games.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I agree with Jaffe's ideas. Although to continue from God of War 3 wouldn't be ideal. Instead, make it a reboot with a different mythology(I feel like I've reiterated this before).

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    It could always become a sort of anthology series, but it might be too late given the sheer volume of God of War games on the market.

Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Whoa! Someone's salty with Mr. Jaffe.

I don't play Jaffe games, but he seems to come off as a straight shooter. But according to you, he's full of $#@!. Your post was teh awesams! lol
    the guy just talks... i mean sure GoW 1 was great... but that was his last great game... 7 years ago, instead of actually "putting money where is mouth is," so to speak, all he does is say how he could/would make games. the New Twisted Metal is a PSN title at best, is there anyone here who thinks it was 60$ well spent?

yeah he basically doesnt care what he says (which is cool, its refreshing to hear devs who dont give 2 $#@!s) but damn.. the dude needs to put out all the awesome $#@! he spews.. or shut up untill he has some relevant games for us to play.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat

Thread Information