Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Ummmm, ok? My comment took me no time at all. Metacritic score is 81, so obviously the game is much better than you think. And you say the graphics are not much better than previously? Are you still using a tube tv or something? lol. The graphics are so much better it is ridiculous. I honestly could care less if you hate the game, but you are giving impressions that sound like you have yet to even touch the game. I hope you do not waste too much time reading this....
    The funniest part about this is that, most of the reviews on the PS3 metacritic for this game state everything that I have in this thread... Let's be honest, your comment was nothing more than a straw-grasping reaction to someone who's less enthused than you about this game; I've been on this board long enough to know THAT much...

IGN: Outside of the Trophies I have for my efforts, I doubt I'll remember much of Prototype 2's sterile side missions and curse word-laden dialogue. Prototype 2 is fun, but it sure is forgettable.
    Gamespot: A safe sequel. It doesn't add anything particularly new or inventive to the genre,
    Play UK: It's simply not a remarkable game. Prototype 2 is good fun – nothing more, nothing less and certainly nothing memorable.
    NZGamer: The story is forgettable
    Edge Magazine: You’ve played this game before, no question,
    PSX Extreme: Technically, it isn't exactly overwhelming, and there are other issues that pop up here and there. Just don't expect much beneath the surface.
    ...and the list goes on...

I'm sorry my reaction to what's clearly a part of the game (me and the reviewers are playing the same one, trust me) is different from theirs, but I guess we, as individuals, don't like the same thing?...weird...

I figure the only one who obviously HASN'T played the game here is you...also, feel free to go back to discrediting review scores after this little exchange...
    Last edited by Suzano-O; 04-30-2012 at 09:13.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    The funniest part about this is that, most of the reviews on the PS3 metacritic for this game state everything that I have in this thread... Let's be honest, your comment was nothing more than a straw-grasping reaction to someone who's less enthused than you about this game; I've been on this board long enough to know THAT much...

...and the list goes on...
    2 can play that game:

Game Chronicles
    Prototype 2 is a sequel that far surpasses its predecessor with an interesting character, good storytelling, and a lot of gratuitous violence.

Playstation Official Magazine UK
    A far stronger game than the original in every aspect, and a compelling counterpoint to inFamous 2, Prototype 2 is nothing less than a gore-packed sandbox masterpiece throughout. Like the nefarious Alex Mercer himself, it's absolutely worth hunting down.

Multiplayer.it
    The game has several flaws but it's extremely fun and its gameplay is so much better than the prequel.

Cheat Code Central
    This is chaotic, visceral fun at its best that will easily please action fans the gorehounds alike. Prototype 2 is a brutal blockbuster that improves over the original in every way.

Game Informer
    Prototype 2 feels like a well-heard response to fan feedback, addressing nearly every issue from the original.

And so on.Everything about the game has been reworked and improved upon, the graphics and city zone design system for example. The combat system has evolved, now making better use of dodging and countering. The stealth aspect has been built upon, I personally enjoy trying to take out a base this way now and then. It is an intregal part of leveling up Heller's abilities which is cool. His powers are better, the a fore mentioned tendrils and pack leader abilities are a VERY welcome addition to me, as is the bio bomb. I really don't know what else people would expect from a sequel. Same goes for people who $#@! about how Assassins Creed Revelations is pretty much just AC2. I think keeping what made a sequel awesome and building upon and tweaking it is the way I will have my favorite IPs fank u very mush.

I'm sorry P2 didn't live up to your expectations. As an AVID Prototype fan, this game is golden.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-30-2012 at 11:45.

3. Likes Lebowski , LfCpS3, Lethal likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Loved the first Prototype and this one is even better, can't stop playing it. I could just roam around the city for hours with this game, the traveling aspect is my favorite. I've upgraded all my jumping, running, and gliding abilities.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    2 can play that game:

Game Chronicles
    Prototype 2 is a sequel that far surpasses its predecessor with an interesting character, good storytelling, and a lot of gratuitous violence.

Playstation Official Magazine UK
    A far stronger game than the original in every aspect, and a compelling counterpoint to inFamous 2, Prototype 2 is nothing less than a gore-packed sandbox masterpiece throughout. Like the nefarious Alex Mercer himself, it's absolutely worth hunting down.

Multiplayer.it
    The game has several flaws but it's extremely fun and its gameplay is so much better than the prequel.

Cheat Code Central
    This is chaotic, visceral fun at its best that will easily please action fans the gorehounds alike. Prototype 2 is a brutal blockbuster that improves over the original in every way.

Game Informer
    Prototype 2 feels like a well-heard response to fan feedback, addressing nearly every issue from the original.

And so on.Everything about the game has been reworked and improved upon, the graphics and city zone design system for example. The combat system has evolved, now making better use of dodging and countering. The stealth aspect has been built upon, I personally enjoy trying to take out a base this way now and then. It is an intregal part of leveling up Heller's abilities which is cool. His powers are better, the a fore mentioned tendrils and pack leader abilities are a VERY welcome addition to me, as is the bio bomb. I really don't know what else people would expect from a sequel. Same goes for people who $#@! about how Assassins Creed Revelations is pretty much just AC2. I think keeping what made a sequel awesome and building upon and tweaking it is the way I will have my favorite IPs fank u very mush.

I'm sorry P2 didn't live up to your expectations. As an AVID Prototype fan, this game is golden.

Great post! Won't let me rep you

Another reason why I think Suzano is giving input based off the reviews he or she posted. Saying the graphics are not much better is what really sealed the deal for me.

But once again, Suzano has his or her own opinion even though it seems like it is out of left field lol. Please don't get all mad because you do not like my opinion about your opinion. That is what discussions are all about.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-30-2012 at 16:26.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    At the end of the day, you can literally say that EVERY SINGLE game comes down to you literally doing the same 2 or 3 things, just in prototype 2 those things are extremely fun.

7. Likes Ghost , Lethal likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Prototype 2 is awesome, And i didn't like the first but i had some fun with it.
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

9. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Hmmm this game wasn't even on my radar. I might have to check it out with all the good stuff I've been hearing

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I came here to meet a long time penpal. I ended up meeting my future wife. :P (I'm serious).
    Not trying to sound negative but I hope youre not falling for one of those citizenship scams. Be careful bro.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not trying to sound negative but I hope youre not falling for one of those citizenship scams. Be careful bro.
    From my understanding, he is currently married to her.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    the whole hunting thing is a real turn off, can never find the person i need to hunt, pressing L3 dont do $#@!! the people are so hard to find

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Oh yeah I misread his post. I see that now. My bad.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    the whole hunting thing is a real turn off, can never find the person i need to hunt, pressing L3 dont do $#@!! the people are so hard to find
    It's not bad at all. Get up on a building, press L3. It will send a pulse away from you and out. There will be a return pulse coming from a certain direction just like the one that came out of Heller. Go towards that direction and every couple seconds press L3 again and the pulse should be originating closer to you. Follow that pulse until you find the person the pulse is coming from. They usually stand out like a sore thumb. Hope that helps. It was a little confusing at first but it is really easy to find them.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

16. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It's not bad at all. Get up on a building, press L3. It will send a pulse away from you and out. There will be a return pulse coming from a certain direction just like the one that came out of Heller. Go towards that direction and every couple seconds press L3 again and the pulse should be originating closer to you. Follow that pulse until you find the person the pulse is coming from. They usually stand out like a sore thumb. Hope that helps. It was a little confusing at first but it is really easy to find them.
    I think the person you are looking for will have a yellow skeleton. Ya it is pretty easy to find the guy.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think the person you are looking for will have a yellow skeleton. Ya it is pretty easy to find the guy.
    Yeah it's like a nervous system glowing yellow. The target's body also glows red as well.

Just beat it and have to say this game was easily about 8.5/10 in my book. Just pure sandbox fun at it's finest. I wish there were more games like this out there. Sadly it is this and Infamous. Which I say this is a little better. Although Infamous 2 was a much better addition than the first in my book. But enough of that. This game was just great! Definitely an improvement on the first. Although I wish they still had the shield from the first one that you could run full speed with and mow down infected like they were nothing.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 05-01-2012 at 02:40.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It's fine, thank you for the concern. We have been pen palling, talking, chatting etc for almost 3 years now. I am a very analytical and perceptive person, no one could pull that number on me. It's real.

Hehe I will be in 6 months if all goes to plan. I asked her to marry me officially (we've talked about it before) on the last day of the holiday.

She's amazing, smart as $#@!, hot as hell and into all the things I am (gaming, martial arts, exercise etc).

OT: I am going to write my own review on this game soon. I really REALLY like it. I NEED to know something though. Please don't tell me when or where or whatever, but does Heller get the ability to charge his next jump while flying like in Prototype? I miss gliding and then immediately springing off the next surface I hit. I will be REALLY $#@!ING SORELY DISAPPOINT if they have omitted this.

20. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Master Guru
    Prototype 2 is nothing short of amazing. I'm loving it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I usually hunt while gliding, helps out too.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    how are texture and model detail compared to the first game. I really enjoy Prototype 1, but i cant stand how $#@!ty the textures and models look (every single NPC looks $#@!tier than PS2 era stuff)

Also... how is the draw distance and pop-in. The first game was damn broken when it came to searching for the blue orbs since you could only see them if they were like 10 feet in front of you. No climbing tall buildings and looking for shimmers... its straight stupid how broken it was. If its fixed for 2 im all over that... its almost a make or break in my book.
    Last edited by SomaXD; 05-01-2012 at 14:16.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I know this. but the direction is never right. for example, the 2nd guy for the blacknet mission, the pulse took me OFF the island and i wasnt even close to the location!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I know this. but the direction is never right. for example, the 2nd guy for the blacknet mission, the pulse took me OFF the island and i wasnt even close to the location!
    lol I have never experienced that.

SomaXD - Prototype 2 fixed damn near everything that was wrong with the first one.

26. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Hmm. Must be a glitch. Never had that happen either.

Apprentice
    She's amazing, smart as $#@!, hot as hell and into all the things I am (gaming, martial arts, exercise etc).
    Prove it

But seriously, could anyone please let me know if it's necessary/ worthwhile finishing P1 in order to really get into the story of P2? I ask only because apparently Alex Mercer killed the family of the protagonist in P2, and that kind of interested me.

I do have P1, but I never finished it, and will have to start from the beginning again as I didn't transfer my save file to my Slim.

Elite Member
    2 can play that game:
    2 can play what "game"?...

All you did was quote a bunch of positive things that reviews said about the game...
    My objective was simply to point out that if other people are saying the exact same thing about the game that I did, how is it that when I say it, it sounds like I haven't played the game...

...I'm not trying to get anyone else to dislike the game, nor did I say that I absolutely hate the game myself...I just stated my opinion, and then Lethal_NFS said something profoundly retarded and groundless...

BAOW! ...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    2 can play what "game"?...

All you did was quote a bunch of positive things that reviews said about the game...
    My objective was simply to point out that if other people are saying the exact same thing about the game that I did, how is it that when I say it, it sounds like I haven't played the game...

...I'm not trying to get anyone else to dislike the game, nor did I say that I absolutely hate the game myself...I just stated my opinion, and then Lethal_NFS said something profoundly retarded and groundless...

BAOW! ...
    And I was just pointing out that a bunch of people are saying the exact same thing about the game that I did. Anyway, who gives a $#@!! I'm almost finished and I have loved every second of it. Pack leader, bio bomb and tendrils are awesome powers. Hopefully it will get some more DLC.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Lethal_NFS said something profoundly retarded and groundless...
    Yeah.....no I didn't.

Anyways, I finally finished all the Blacknet crap. I have 66% of the trophies and should have the platinum trophy by this weekend. This game really is my favorite game of the year so far.

Suzano - Do you even own a PS3?

Thread Information