Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Damn I love Prototype 2!!!!

This game is so much fun. If I were to rate this game right now, it would get a 9/10 from me. The story is pretty good and there is a lot of crap to do. The controls are pretty good and I like the abilities you get to choose from. The game is also much prettier to look at than the first game.

Prototype 2 gives me the feeling that inFamous gave me. A sense of total control with exploration and fluid controls.

What do you guys think of the game?

2. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I haven't played it yet, but from the looks of it it's a lot like the first, which is a good sign. Honestly didn't even know it had came out yet. I'll probably rent it and then drop my thoughts in here.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but from the looks of it it's a lot like the first, which is a good sign. Honestly didn't even know it had came out yet. I'll probably rent it and then drop my thoughts in here.

It is actually so much improved over the first one. I hated the first game and could not stay interested for more than an hour or so. Go rent this bad boy!

PSN ID
    rikboone87
    I absolutely love this game so far. I find it more interesting then Infamous 1 & 2.

Elite Sage
    Absolutely loved the first one. Love the second one, but I liked the original one much more. This game feels a lot tamer than the first. Visually though, there's a huge improvement.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I too fined it pretty amazing.

Graphically is above P1 by a mile. In the red zone seeing hundreds of infected fighting and seeing tanks fighting the brawlers is really nicely done. I hear many devs say " we can have 500 people on-screen" but radical actually did it.
    The combat is also very satifying, in terms of action packed i cannot think any other game that can be above this. The story IMO is enjoyable and something i want to finish. Pack leader and bio bomb are amazing! Best addition to the game.

My only problems:
    In free roam it would be awesome if juggernauts and Goliath spawned and battled with blackwatch and the army in the red zone and if there was more to do in the free roam, such as being able to actually help the army and lower the infection in the zones( there could be an indicator that shows the level of the infection, you choose how you want it to me, could only be in the yellow zone).

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Still in Russia, will be back on the 29th and this $#@! should be waiting for me at home. I'm really glad people are enjoying it. P2 is my 2nd or 3rd most anticipated 2012 title. Loved the first and the second nails it from what I have seen and heard.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Ghost, are you an assassin for a secret society or something? What are ya doin' in Russia? Last time we spoke, you were in the UK. Working on your hit list, eh? Badass.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Ghost, are you an assassin for a secret society or something? What are ya doin' in Russia? Last time we spoke, you were in the UK. Working on your hit list, eh? Badass.
    I came here to meet a long time penpal. I ended up meeting my future wife. :P (I'm serious).

Also when I have spare time I am doing a bit of dirty work for the KGB.

Yeah I was in the UK for X-mas when we wrote, I'm an international man of mystery.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I came here to meet a long time penpal. I ended up meeting my future wife. :P (I'm serious).

Also when I have spare time I am doing a bit of dirty work for the KGB.

Yeah I was in the UK for X-mas when we wrote, I'm an international man of mystery.
    Congrats Man!!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Congrats Man!!
    Hehe Thanks. I kind of suspected she was right for me, the trip confirmed it. I'm gonna take her ass outta Russia and bring her over to Austria (will take awhile but will be totally worth it).

She's had a hard, $#@!ty life here, I'm gonna change that.

OT: Meeting her was a reasonable reason to delay my playing of P2............................I guess... lol (of course it was).

Elite Member
    I don't see what the big deal is...

It's pretty much the EXACT same game as the first one, and any improvements amount to a touch-up here and there on very specific aspects...
    The missions are pretty much as follows: Infiltrate base, absorb guy, leave; Infiltrate base, beat monster, leave; Infiltrate hive, beat monster, leave...with probably one or two missions that deviate every 15 or so missions...

I recommend very short play sessions, the story is still pretty boring and non-captivating, and the gameplay gets old VERY quickly...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Tried to rent it but all the copies for both consoles were all out. I'll keep checking back though.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm enjoying the hell out of the game as well. Better than the first, which I loved as well. Heller isn't quite the character that Mercer was but he is still ok nonetheless.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post

It's pretty much the EXACT same game as the first one, and any improvements amount to a touch-up here and there on very specific aspects...
    The missions are pretty much as follows: Infiltrate base, absorb guy, leave; Infiltrate base, beat monster, leave; Infiltrate hive, beat monster, leave...with probably one or two missions that deviate every 15 or so missions...

I recommend very short play sessions, the story is still pretty boring and non-captivating, and the gameplay gets old VERY quickly...
    The big deal is that this is simply a game you're not diggin', and that's cool, but to say "any improvements amount to a touch-up here and there on very specific aspects." is simply incorrect, graphically the game is leaps and bounds ahead of Prototype 2. They have also put work into providing the different city zones which is really awesome. Also, also things like pack leader and the tendrils are significant improvements to the games buffet of badassness.

Prototype is for gamers who like becoming the sickest most disgustingly powerful meat sack gutting badass EVER. I LOVE going on the infiltration missions and the den hunts cause they make me stronger and stronger and better, making their pathetic frail bodies even less of an issue for my flesh eating insanity. Prototype caters to a niche market.

17. Likes Lebowski , PS4freak likes this post
    Elite Sage

The game is very different from what you just described.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The big deal is that this is simply a game you're not diggin', and that's cool, but to say "any improvements amount to a touch-up here and there on very specific aspects." is simply incorrect, graphically the game is leaps and bounds ahead of Prototype 2. They have also put work into providing the different city zones which is really awesome. Also, also things like pack leader and the tendrils are significant improvements to the games buffet of badassness.

Prototype is for gamers who like becoming the sickest most disgustingly powerful meat sack gutting badass EVER. I LOVE going on the infiltration missions and the den hunts cause they make me stronger and stronger and better, making their pathetic frail bodies even less of an issue for my flesh eating insanity. Prototype caters to a niche market.
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS

Sounds like you have not even played this game.

Dedicated Member
    yeah i bought the first one as well liked it at first but then the flaws kinda got to me. The graphics. Then it seemed to get stale for me fast so i hated it. Now the second has good enough graphics(pretty nice actually) so far i'm enjoying it the trophies are nice too.
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Apprentice
    Played the first. The missions became repetative and all the cool moves had to be unlocked. The poster who said it's the exact same game is somewhat correct. I really don't see any reason to pick up the second. Maybe when the price drops, but I just don't see dropping $60 on this.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'll be picking this up later in the year. It definitely looks to be an improvement over the first. The story also gained my attention.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    pi cked this up at blockbuster today at 3pm . just finished playing it at 4:30am. great game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Sounds like you have not even played this game.
    I could prove to you that I've played this game, but that'd almost be as much of a waste of time as your comment was...

You can make that "niche" market argument for pretty much anything consumable, it still doesn't change the fact that this game just isn't that great to me...
    I like games with superpowers...I picked up this game with superpowers (inb4telekinesis)...I was disappointed...if they had intended it solely for the demographic you described, then they wouldn't have tried to do so much more with it; instead, more than 50% of my gameplay experience has been "absorb that guy and watch a short ass slideshow", as a REQUIREMENT...

The graphics aren't THAT much of an improvement, the distinct zones don't really differ that much from each other, although I DO see where they tried...I will say that I agree with your point about the tendril powers, I've gotten them up to level three and they $#@!ing ROCK against the Brawlers...but other than a few other aspects, it's pretty much the same affair as the first...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I could prove to you that I've played this game, but that'd almost be as much of a waste of time as your comment was...
    Ummmm, ok? My comment took me no time at all.

Metacritic score is 81, so obviously the game is much better than you think. And you say the graphics are not much better than previously? Are you still using a tube tv or something? lol. The graphics are so much better it is ridiculous.

I honestly could care less if you hate the game, but you are giving impressions that sound like you have yet to even touch the game.

I hope you do not waste too much time reading this....
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-30-2012 at 05:40.

27. Likes PS4freak , Lebowski , Ghost likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    The game is great, i enjoyed the first one over inFAMOUS, and the stealth missions are awesome. The thing with this game is that it doesn't limit you to your powers, you can pick a car and throw it at enemy,use RPGs, or try to sneak in disguise,Good stuff.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Thread Information