Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

DICE: "We are focusing on giving you 12-18 months of value for Battlefield 3"

Battlefield 3 developer DICE hopes to keep first-person shooter fans hooked on their latest title for quite some time, as studio CEO Patrick Bach recently stated that they plan to offer players “12-18 months of value.”

The first downloadable pack for Battlefield 3, Back to Karkand launched back in December, and their second wave of content, dubbed Close Quarters is set to arrive this June. Beyond that, the team still has another two substantial-sized packs set to arrive by year’s end.

Speaking to VG247, Bach pointed out that even though the future of BF3 is a bit cloudy – let’s not forget that Medal of Honor Warfighter will be arriving this fall in addition to another Call of Duty – the team plans to give the online experience the legs it deserves.

"It’s really hard for me to make bets on how the market will look at Medal of Honor vs Battlefield vs other shooters. We at DICE, we only focus on Battlefield. We make sure that if you’re a Battlefield player, there should be plenty of Battlefield for you to spend your days on. And again, we are focusing on giving you 12-18 months of value for Battlefield 3 and the expansion packs we’re releasing.

So I can’t really say anything about the other tactics about releasing other games because we are DICE, we do Battlefield."
    Source
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Member

If they really want to extend the game that long they need to release a new map pack quarterly. Any longer than that and players might get a little bored and move on to another shooter, Halo, CoD, etc.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    If they really want to extend the game that long they need to release a new map pack quarterly. Any longer than that and players might get a little bored and move on to another shooter, Halo, CoD, etc.
    It doesn't even need to be a map pack; any sort of additional content will keep many players satisfied. Additional weapons, vehicles, maps, game modes, and equipment would be more than enough to keep the community coming back for more.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Weapons! I actually might buy this game back, but this time for PS3.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I'm really looking forward to the CQ map pack coming in June.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Would rather they fixed all the annoying bugs before release money grabbing cash cows.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Would rather they fixed all the annoying bugs before release money grabbing cash cows.
    There's pretty much nothing to complain about right now with the latest patch, bugs are bare, I mean so minimum it doesn't even affect gameplay. They made game more balanced and totally better, you could say a bit harder so whoever thinks it's too hard or difficult to handle after the patch it's a noob.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    There's pretty much nothing to complain about right now with the latest patch, bugs are bare, I mean so minimum it doesn't even affect gameplay. They made game more balanced and totally better, you could say a bit harder so whoever thinks it's too hard or difficult to handle after the patch it's a noob.
    These are ones I experience there are hundreds mroe if you check the battleog.

You mean you never get stuck on curbs, stairs, rocks or debris?

Sound positioning is weird sound s like my footsteps are coming from behind me yet I can never hear an enemy coming from behind, soound often gets stuck repeating over and over.

killcam overrides options menu

sometimes I spawn with no weapons

commo rose flickers on and off

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    These are ones I experience there are hundreds mroe if you check the battleog.

You mean you never get stuck on curbs, stairs, rocks or debris?

Sound positioning is weird sound s like my footsteps are coming from behind me yet I can never hear an enemy coming from behind, soound often gets stuck repeating over and over.

killcam overrides options menu

sometimes I spawn with no weapons

commo rose flickers on and off
    Oh you're on PC, I guess that could be why the bugs may be a bit different, the only bug I truly hate right now is the one where the flares or the jammer won't do nothing when you get locked and shot from a tank. And it's a one hit kill.

Thread Information