Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Used games arent the problem its the price tag

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Games NEVER cost £45, unless they are Limited Editions.

On the topic of price though, it depends on the game, some games IMO are just not worth the $60. Games that are ~8 hours long are not worth the price tag, so I wait until they are reduced. But games like Skyrim, are worth every penny and more, I'd be willing to pay $80 for a game that gives me back 150+ hours of entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I liked when games were 40-50 dollars that's the sweet spot imo if it's a great game I'd gladly pay the regular 60 for it

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The guy doing the artcle should know that the console games have been the same price for 2 decades in the UK so now they are even better value.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Games NEVER cost £45, unless they are Limited Editions.

On the topic of price though, it depends on the game, some games IMO are just not worth the $60. Games that are ~8 hours long are not worth the price tag, so I wait until they are reduced. But games like Skyrim, are worth every penny and more, I'd be willing to pay $80 for a game that gives me back 150+ hours of entertainment.
    Agree. I would never pay full price for an 8-12 hour game that didn't have a multiplayer I would actually play or a tremendous replay value. Most of those games are one and done unless you want to hit up harder difficulty. Even then hard difficulty along with trophies are just a way to get you to replay the game to seem like it is longer than it really is.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The guy doing the artcle should know that the console games have been the same price for 2 decades in the UK so now they are even better value.
    That isn't how I remember it. Console games back in the PS1 & majority of the PS2 era were mostly RRP £30. With the big $#@!ers like GTA often being £35 RRP because that's what R* are like. Plenty games sold under the RRP of course, not as much as today however

Now games are RRP £40 but often don't sell at that price point unless they are AAA. And the likes of GTA and COD are RRP £45

Forum Overseer
    Does it matter which is the real problem? Either way developers lose money.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Browne's soothsaying is an attempt to lay the blame of every major failing in the games industry at the foot of the consumer
    huh??? i don't get why the article has a problem with this....
    a company exists because we allow it. more so, the company reacts to our needs.
    even on a basic level, the blame falls on the consumer!
    when MW2 came out, prices go up, dillweeds go out and buy it! this price takes precedence!

But this is the argument being made by publishers when they require a cut from shops reselling games. You can take hardware to your local GameStation or CEX, and the manufacturers aren't showing up demanding their tithe, so why should this be any different for software?
    the argument being that this is where they themselves get their money! companies are lucky to break even on console production. therefore the "profit" (which funds the next gen) comes from software. Sony and Microsoft take a cut of every game made.

it saddens me, that rather then not buying expensive games, people cry about it and still buy the damn games!
    demand determines price, Basics of economics, everyone should know this!
    Demand is derived from we the consumer!
    we set the "Price Tag"
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    As the tale has been told many, many times before... this is all about Greed and nothing more. Until Gamestop started making bank with the used game market, nobody in the business cared. Now all of a sudden it's a huge problem that's devastating the industry. $#@! please... who you think you foolin'? Let's forget that gaming has gotten A LOT bigger over this horrid generation. Sad part it's only going to get worse Next-Gen. Glad somebody caught a piece of the frauding going on here.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    Even if they dropped the price people would still buy used games. Used is always cheaper.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I used ot buy used games int he megadrive and PS1 days in those days i couldnt always afford the full price but video game prices havenot increased a great deal in ove the years compared to say cinema tickets or apint of beer and litre of petrol.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-01-2012 at 11:20.

Thread Information