Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member

Last edited by TEEDA; 04-30-2012 at 22:16.
    PLayStation.3

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't wait to see the single player at e3.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Not really too impressed by that footage. I wan't to see some single player footage. That's what i'm more interested in.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The more I watch that mp video the more I want to play it. Go ahead and try button smashing your way to a win. You won't survive. And the graphics look great to be in mp and a year away.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I hate the addition of MP.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I hate the addition of MP.
    I'm very sceptic too... Before I saw the footage, I was like throwing up when I read that MP was going to be included. But this footage looks quite good. What I fear is that the SP will suffer because of MP. But it could also benefit from it, because the developers need to try a thousand things to make MP work. That means that they try new enemies, new moves, new weapons... I hope that SP benefits... because it's the first time they do MP. And I'm pretty sure that the singleplayer will be different than GOW3. GOW3 will still be more epic I guess. Even if there's more titans, "megalopses" and whatever in Ascension.

Why? Because it's about KRATOS. Kratos is the most badass guy in video game history. Now that there's a lot of different "heros" in MP that do moves just like Kratos does them... Kratos doesn't seem that badass anymore, and that's why I'm sceptic. I hope they find the right balance and still give Kratos the edge in terms of raw power...
    Or am I the only one who thinks that Kratos should be the most powerful hero and not some random guys taking down huge cyclopses?

I want to see more of MP! But what I'm really hyped for is the singleplayer. A "younger version" of Kratos... what does that mean? Kratos is... nearly 40 years (?) old in GOW3. Does that mean that he's nearly 30 years in Ascension? Whatever... I hope Santa Monica delivers once again.

Veteran
    Sigh......Multiplayer.....Really? SMH

8. Likes John25 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    after seeing how the gore is in the MP, i can see kratos doing some gruesome things.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I've been giving this the blind eye for the past few hours, but I have to say, this is looking fantastic. I never played God of War I or II (yes, to my embarrassment, I was at an age when my parents determined what games I could play when those games were released), but I loved the third installment to the series and this one looks like it'll be loads of fun.

This game is officially on my radar.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    single player WILL suffer because of MP. it always happens look at call of duty and Medal of honor, what $#@!ing SP?. i thought playing human Kratos would be awesome, but since they are putting so much into MP i will pass definitely on this one. ill wait for reviews, then get it if it's good when it is cheap...bummer

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    single player WILL suffer because of MP. it always happens look at call of duty and Medal of honor, what $#@!ing SP?. i thought playing human Kratos would be awesome, but since they are putting so much into MP i will pass definitely on this one. ill wait for reviews, then get it if it's good when it is cheap...bummer
    todays cod and moh is MP oriented games, if there was no SP campaign, people will still buy it!! but look at Uncharted, it not suffer because of MP addition.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Gotta admit, the graphics seemed to be improved. The cyclops looked amazing

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post

Look at Dead Space 2.

I played the MP 10 minutes, then I shut it off. Great SP, as DS1 (and the MP is fun as well, but it's not the kind of thing I wanna play - but still, it was fun playing as a Puker ^^). Didn't affect SP at all. Well, SP even benefited from the MP in DS2, because they had to play around with the weapons and necromorphs to make it fit. These adjustments and improvements went into the SP as well. Let's hope it turns out to be the same for GOW Ascension.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Man, after God of War 3 there are people who still doubt Santa Monica? The idea that the inclusion of MP in a game makes the SP aspect suffer is not some eternal law. Uncharted, RDR, Mass Effect show it can be done, and I prefer the attempt at innovation over the stagnant contentness of sticking with the old, tried and tested formula. Yeah SM could have done just a SP campaign but they're like ND I think, they want to achieve more. They have their fingers in a lot of pies, Datura, Starhawk, PlayStation ASBR, Sorcery, The Last Guardian etc. They are very capable. I have no doubt they can create a solid MP experience.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-01-2012 at 07:39.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    how does a Hack-n-slash game do multiplayer???
    co-op i can see, but competitive fast paced button mashing.....
    im a bit skeptical.
    same here. to be competitive, the game mechanics need to become more technical, which is definitely not suitable for a GoW title.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Sigh, this angers me to NO end, another fricking great SP game having fricking $#@!ty MP tacked onto it......great.

to hell with all of you MP die hards!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member
    special show dedicated to GOW A ( in french )
    http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/god-of-...tu-489962.html

PLayStation.3

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Thread Information