Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    You think the Vita is over priced? Really? As for Japanese devs dieing out that's a real shame you feel that way, most of my favorite games are Japanese and what was once great games have been reduced to mediocre Western developed reboots. Or sequels that have tainted the original Japanese developed greats, I know Western developers can make great games especially the Europeans, I ain't blind but due to the lack of effort from the Japanese developers I feel we have been left with a lot of mediocre games this gen, with even more mediocre Western developed games being throw out and a few great Western games & very few Japanese classic because the Japanese aren't stepping up, if Japanese developed games got worse or even disappeared next gen, I can see a very generic future ahead of us. I might even jump ship to Nintendo as although their focus is strongly towards casuals, their core Japanese games still outclasses the west best. IMO Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    I bought a Vita and I really enjoy it but to the average mainstream consumer out there yes, its overpriced. Especially when you add the hidden cost of those expensive proprietary memory sticks. And then you still have to buy some 40 or 50 dollar games for it when youre through with all that. Makes for a pretty expensive price of entry.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-04-2012 at 01:37.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You think the Vita is over priced? Really?
    As for Japanese devs dieing out that's a real shame you feel that way, most of my favorite games are Japanese and what was once great games have been reduced to mediocre Western developed reboots. Or sequels that have tainted the original Japanese developed greats, I know Western developers can make great games especially the Europeans, I ain't blind but due to the lack of effort from the Japanese developers I feel we have been left with a lot of mediocre games this gen, with even more mediocre Western developed games being throw out and a few great Western games & very few Japanese classic because the Japanese aren't stepping up, if Japanese developed games got worse or even disappeared next gen, I can see a very generic future ahead of us.
    I might even jump ship to Nintendo as although their focus is strongly towards casuals, their core Japanese games still outclasses the west best.
    IMO

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    The problem with Japanese developers is that they have tried to mimic not only western production values, but also their gameplay.
    If they stuck to what they know, but leveraged only the production values in terms of graphics, they be fine.

Instead we have 2 distinct Japanese camps:

1- Low produciton values, still japanese games.
    2- High production values, gameplay ripped from western games.

They arent just mimic the look of western games but the gameplay as well.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Actually people did pay the price, they just moaned about it
    But that's not even the point, people expect more for less these days and refuse to buy cheap crap unless Apple or Nintendo is printed on it, thou I said this before and I'll say it now, my PS3 cost me 400 pounds and that's 600 dollars, did I make a fuss? No because my last two consoles was 300 pounds, and I honestly do think people are mad asking for a 299 DOLLAR console, and that is the problem, it us not Sony & MS, even the used game business is down to us, this gen is the worst for it, people buy with no intention if keeping & sell instead of renting the $#@!ing games out.
    the truth, a lot of problems this gen have been brought upon, ya don't like the way DLC is handled?
    Games are are too Westernised?
    There's nothing but shooters?
    Who do you think is responsible, ok for some of us it was here before we got into this gen, but the 360 userbase started the ball rolling with the $#@! we get now, but it's still us the gamers that are responsible, its like a five dollar whoe sayin she was rapped after she put it in, ya get me?

Sent from my Sony Xperia S
    this is a very general statment. yes 'people paid the price' - that's obvious. they sold a large number of consoles. but clearly they didn't sell anywhere near what was expected, or consistantly. - hence the price drop very early on.

this is what people mean by 'consumers not willing to pay the price'. the hardcore are price inelastic, but when your sales taper quickly you realise that you've made a mistake - especially as your main competitor, who is still competitive to this day, released 6 months earlier, with several vendors bundling a game at £300.

i mean people over here were paying £2000 for the ps3. does that mean its a legitimate price point?

no.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 05-04-2012 at 03:27.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Superior Member

if it is too expensive, expect the consumer to wait for the prices to come down before investing
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Super Elite
    Actually the Japanese gaming industry joined the west, so they basically sold out.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Soldier 95B
    16 core? BONG!!!!

Dedicated Member
    If the next xbox releases in 2013 it will of had a longer shelf life between console releases (8 years) than the PS2 which was 7 years before the 3rd arrived. Console manufacturers are no doubt taking a longer view as to the time lines of their hardware as we dont live in a world where people can afford to replace as often even if it is their passion. That said going in hard and taking a hit price wise would seem to be a viable strategy. Both MS and Sony have the size and strength to do this.

I would expect the next xbox to last at least another 8 years and possibly even longer.

It's Sony which is in the more difficult position. If they follow trend then they would release a year after MS in 2014 but would this be enough time for Sony consumers to feel that the investment in the PS3 was worth it given it's huge cost and promises of being 'future proof'. Have Sony the stomach and appetite to go head to head again or will they wait it out 2 or 3 years with their poker faces sternly on and then go big with mr.4?

Current rumours are they will streamline and try to go in as fast as they can alongside MS which makes a lot of sense business wise looking forward but could alienate a lot of current PS users.

I would say that the next xbox will have plenty of scope to grow and be a true next gen star. The real development of games will come not from graphics but from creative storys and engaging characters. Something an 8 or 16bit game seemed to have in droves but newer games dont. Movies are relying on 3D to wow customers but it's just an expensive fad that adds ZERO to the film. (3D was developed as a joke for B rated movies) game devs need to stop trying to emulate films as it's not a comparable genre and instead do what the film and tv genre has done so well. Innovate and create and find their own style.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    this is a very general statment. yes 'people paid the price' - that's obvious. they sold a large number of consoles. but clearly they didn't sell anywhere near what was expected, or consistantly. - hence the price drop very early on.

this is what people mean by 'consumers not willing to pay the price'. the hardcore are price inelastic, but when your sales taper quickly you realise that you've made a mistake - especially as your main competitor, who is still competitive to this day, released 6 months earlier, with several vendors bundling a game at £300.

i mean people over here were paying £2000 for the ps3. does that mean its a legitimate price point?

no.
    yeah I agree, £299 is a good price point, yeah we paid £400 for the PS3 but that wasn't really the big deal in 06
    to us it was an extra 100 quid, last gen we paid £299 for the PS2 & the US paid $299, that was just wrong, it should have been $399.
    we got screwed, this gen they did it right, america never got screwed they just paid the price everyone else was for change, and look what happened, And that what does my head in, it's like that for everything else, US games pay 60 for their games, can imagine if they raised the price from 40 to 60 here to match? it wouldn't be fair we would be paying the companies nearly double what the US is.
    but it right the way it now,if anybody thinks PS4/720 are gonna be under 300 dollars even if they launch here for £199 ya another thing coming, I wish people would stop jumping on the US bandwagon, we paid the prices for years & always moaned about why the US got it almost HALF price, and we moan now because the americans are moaning cuz they have to pay what we have to pay, don't hate the companies, hate ya currency.

I hope nobody thinks I'm just being a ass & understand my point here, its something which I'm livid about cuz it has never been address before & people still think is wrong when its not.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Here's an article I came across tonight it was posted today may 4th 2012

RPON
    Xbox 720 Has Reportedly Gone Into Production In The U.S.
    By Paul Morris | May 4th, 2012

http://www.redmondpie.com/xbox-720-h...ion-in-the-us/

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3374...ecs-rumors.htm
    God ki hope this is true they may do a surprise showing at next months e3

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Thread Information