Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Microsoft to release muscle-based controller?

Microsoft to release muscle-based controller?

Published May 2, 2012 |

A patent has been issued granting Microsoft free reign to develop a game controller that is stimulated by your muscles. Yes, you read that right, your muscles.
    The patent allows Microsoft to develop Electromyography (EMG) technology that will allow users to interact with smartphones, consoles and music players by simply moving their muscles. It has been discovered that MS are likely to be developing a sort of strap for consumers to wear on their arm in order to control their devices, controller free.
    We heard about this idea a while back now, but wouldn’t this be an awesome idea to launch alongside the improved Kinect system for the next batch of consoles? How would you like to see this device used? Let us know below.
    Newer Info at the top

Link:http://techtroid.co.uk/microsoft-to-...ontroller-9932

Older Info at the bottom

Microsoft patents EMG muscle controller, is one step closer to Air Guitar Hero

Posted Jan 4th 2010 2:04PM by Ben Gilbert
    Our elderly readers may remember all the way back in October of 2009 when we showed you the first video of Microsoft Research's muscle-based game control interface. While it'd be a safe bet to say that the project is still very much in the prototype phase, the experimental division of Microsoft recently filed a patent application for the "Wearable Electromyography-based Controller for Human-Computer Interface", effectively bringing us all one step closer to a future with fully realized air guitar.

Sure, the interface could be used for "computer stuff" or something we suppose, but what'd be the fun in that? Though, as Engadget points out, we're not likely to see anything more solid on this in the near future -- most Microsoft Research projects are "pretty far from market." That being said, a combination of muscle sensor-based control and the not quite 1:1 video capture of Project Natal could produce some rather intriguing results. Your move, Big M.
    Link:http://i.joystiq.com/2010/01/04/micr...p-closer-to-a/

A Video of it in Action

Now i am one for new gear and many are to. This i do not know about. Just image playing and then your Muscle goes into a fit on its own, it will mess up your gameplay for sure
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lmao wtf...these ways people are thinking of to play is it that hard to pick up a controller and play I just find it silly imo then again I'm just not into those things where you use your body as a remote

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I think this is pretty useless especially when it comes to video games. Just gimme a controller and let me be.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

5. Likes claud3, Kuro likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I think this is pretty useless especially when it comes to video games. Just gimme a controller and let me be. Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. This other stuff is just getting ridiculous.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    eventually people will just put the sensors on their $#@!s, i know i would

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Saw this years ago. Its just a patent. It may or may not ever come to fruition in gaming like it is used elsewhere.

Thread Information