Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

A Glorious Day For CoD Haters

A Glorious Day For CoD Haters

Featured 35 Comments 25 Votes 1099 Views 13 hours ago Back to Articles
    Today is a glorious day for CoD haters across the globe. The worldwide reveal trailer for the gaming industry's worst kept secret, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has hit the internet with guns blazing, explosions flying and an insightful look towards future warfare. Why is this a glorious day for a CoD hater such as myself?
    The trailer was a little bit $#@! really.
    As we sat here watching the trailer for the first time, Ben Salter made a rather obvious comment that I'm sure even the most die hard CoD fan could agree with - "is this an EA game?". The action-packed trailer was rather reminiscent of the explosive Battlefield 3 trailers we were subjected to last year, even employing a thrilling scene in the $#@!pit of a futuristic aircraft.
    My major issue with the trailer was that Black Ops 2 seems to share no relevance with the CoD franchise as a whole, particularly as a sequel to 2010's Cold War shooter. We see lumbering attack units that look a lot like Mechwarriors meeting AT-ATs, futuristic weaponry that wouldn't look out of place in Syndicate or Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the only way Treycarch lock in the sequel factor is a small cameo appearance from Frank Woods in the trailer.

The reason that every man, woman, child and meerkat enjoys the fast paced nature of Call of Duty is because they can identify with it. Despite the Modern Warfare franchise being a few years into the future, all the locations and weaponry during the entire life of the franchise has been based on fact, not fiction, and thus gamers can relate to the areas around them. Over-the-top situations in realistic environments is what drives CoD for that "only CoD" demographic.
    Yet now, Treycarch have to put that over-the-top gameplay into a world based on fiction. We already have a number of futuristic shooters out there, games like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Syndicate, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, all of which do a remarkable job of creating their own views of where the world is heading. Can Treyarch pull that off? Judging from this trailer, not that well.
    It seems they have borrowed most elements from other successful franchises, and will soldier on relying on high sales from the franchise name alone. Elements of Mechwarrior, Avatar, Metal Gear Solid and Battlefield are plainly on display, and I'm sure on subsequent viewings we could even find more. Sure, it will sell 4239584967548243874932 copies during the first week, but at what cost?
    With expectations set so high, I feel the trailer was a huge let down that will have gamers torn across the globe. Will it see an end to the dominance of CoD in the FPS field? This could be the nail in the coffin that so many people were really hoping for.
    There is just one question I want Treyarch to answer - what the hell is up with those horses?

Link:http://pc.mmgn.com/Articles/A-Glorio...For-CoD-Haters

Ok does anyone have a problem with horses in a game
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok seems like they trying to do something diff then the old COD. Figs they would get some crap for it. As a COD hater(auto aim online for when you suck and when you die a lot you get perks lol you suck dawg but we got your back to make you feel special) I applaud this risk. Actually has me interested in it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I've never bought a COD since the 4th and I've criticized the franchise a lot over the years, but this one time I applaud them for trying a different approach. Here's hoping the gameplay mechanics are a little bit different than we're used to seeing in a COD.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

PSN ID
    BOZTRADAMUS
    I really like the trailer! ok it doesnt seem like a direct sequel but does it have to be? I think all the COD haters are desperate to find a reason why they hate it so much. Im not a big fan of COD but I think its a brilliant game and has good multiplayer. Ok they are rinsing the same ideas and just making billions on the franchise(thats called business) but its still has great production values. I say if you really hate something, just leave it alone because there is alot and I mean alot of people who love the COD franchise. After this trailer, im very interested. I always said it would be awsome to see a future COD title and here we have it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I'm no fan of COD but this dude is an idiot. Why even bother writing something like this instead of just writing about a game you like. This fanboyism stuff is really annoying

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    As much as I hate Mechas I'd still get this because I loved black ops

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    BOZTRADAMUS
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I'm no fan of COD but this dude is an idiot. Why even bother writing something like this instead of just writing about a game you like. This fanboyism stuff is really annoying

I agree, and on top the title is a GLORIOUS DAY FOR COD HATERS? Is it really that Glorious? I think its a bit sad!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by BOZTRADAMUS View Post
    I agree, and on top the title is a GLORIOUS DAY FOR COD HATERS? Is it really that Glorious? I think its a bit sad!
    Definitely. If this is the highlight of their month then those haters need a life

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ITs says COD on the box so I will buy it no matter what.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Never cared for COD at all, but think this dude is going a bit far, I see nothing wrong with the trailer, sad bastard.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Elite
    "The reason that every man, woman, child and meerkat enjoys the fast paced nature of Call of Duty is because they can identify with it."

No, I think they just enjoy the fast-paced nature. And regarding the hate, why do people not bash the companies and developers who crawl after CoD's model, rather than the developers who simply did the best job they could and were successful at it? I loved the first Modern Warfare, and after that I quit with the series due to Killzone 2 being awesome. Then Killzone 3 arrived, and showed Guerilla to be a bunch of spineless bastards who couldn't stand by their own artistic vision, instead opting for forced variety and perks. I hated them for that, not Infinity Ward, or Infinity Ward Replacement or Infinity Ward Replacement 2.0. They didn't demand that others follow them; others simply saw what they achieved and, choosing money to creativity, cried, "Me, too!" Of course I'm sure the publishers have a hand in this as well, but hey, that's a whole other ball park of discussion.

As for the trailer: It looks pretty ballin'. Haters gonna hate.

Thread Information