Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud

Microsoft cancels Inside Xbox in the US & Europe...

I never have looked at this on my 360, so they can go right ahead and add UK to the list...

The Inside Xbox on-console video service is to be discontinued in the US, Microsoft has announced.
    Community man Major Nelson broke the news on his blog earlier today, though didn't offer much of an explanation beyond "we must continue to invest our resources and talents wisely".
    The US version of Inside Xbox also severs Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

"We will be leveraging third-party news and video content available through a variety of existing and future partners, and supplementing this content with select first-party offerings," added Nelson.
    "However, day-to-day news content and weekly programming currently offered though Inside Xbox will cease production in the United States. This includes shows like Major's Minute, Featured Videos and Insider Moves packaged under the Inside Xbox brand."

So, what of the various European versions? It doesn't sound too positive.
    "Xbox Live in EMEA is currently looking at its operating model for Inside Xbox," he wrote.
    "This could potentially result in some changes, but we have no news here to share yet.

"Xbox Live in Mexico and Japan will continue to produce first-party content for its members via other media outside of the Inside Xbox brand."
    Microsoft has added a number of video content providers to the Xbox 360 dashboard in the last year or so, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, 4oD and LoveFilm, with entertainment app usage reportedly surpassing actual online gaming time. Has that shift of focus come at the expense of Microsoft's internal video teams?
    Source

Microsoft has confirmed the cancellation of Inside Xbox in Europe.
    The news follows last week's cancellation of Inside Xbox in the US, and accompanies job losses at Microsoft's Xbox UK team.

Explaining the decision, US community man Major Nelson wrote on his blog that the Inside Xbox Europe team had decided to ditch first-party produced content in favour of a third-party content model.
    "Following the news last week that that Inside Xbox in the US was to cease production, the team in Europe has been investigating what makes most sense for them and the Xbox Live community as they continue to strive to deliver the latest gaming and entertainment news for users across the region," Major Nelson said.

"As such, they have decided to move away from the current first-party produced content model and transition to a third-party content model, which will provide timely and locally-relevant content to users across more of the EMEA markets. Whilst this means that the Inside Xbox brand will effectively be retired in Europe, the focus remains on continuing to provide the Xbox LIVE community with the latest and best in games and entertainment news and information."

Dan Maher, aka MrPointyHead, former Xbox Live editor and one half of the Inside Xbox UK team, thanked fans for their support.
    "So, to be clear and succinct: Inside Xbox is no more, as are our jobs," he wrote on his Twitter page. "Your support during the last four years has meant the world to us."
    Source
    Last edited by THUGGEDOUT; 05-09-2012 at 19:01.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    I never have looked at this on my 360, so they can go right ahead and add UK to the list...

Source
    The only thing I ever really watch is Sent U a message.
    Which aint half funny - and English.

No more "Kinect Show" can only be a good thing.
    More IGN strategize, less Insider moves is also a good thing.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-02-2012 at 21:43.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Never watched it anyway.

Elite Member

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

5. Likes claud3, $Greatness$ , mynd likes this post
    Master Guru
    That sucks. I actually enjoy watching a random video or two from Inside Xbox on my dashboard when i'm just relaxing and done playing games for the night.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    that kinda sucks, i sometimes watch it if im in the mood, sometimes its $#@! tho

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Kinda sucks because I enjoyed watching it depending on the content but I can live without it.

Elite Member

Never watched it. You can get all that stuff elsewhere without any MS bias. Glad they are putting their resources to better use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well with non-gaming stuff on Live accounting for more Xbox Live activity than even online gaming this should come as no surprise. I guess we can probably expect MS to cater even more to the video entertainment crowd (casuals) and less to the hardcore gaming crowd as time goes on. Discontinuing inside Xbox to accommodate more non-gaming or casual mainstream services on Live in and of itself may not be such a big deal but the long term implications are there. Despite MS PR assuring us that they haven't changed focus away from the core gamers in order to pander to the casual their actions are showing us otherwise.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-04-2012 at 04:55.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I see a new gametrailers video on there tonight, didn't take them long, first gt video I've ever seen on live.
    Plus a heap more strategize.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I see a new gametrailers video on there tonight, didn't take them long, first gt video I've ever seen on live. Plus a heap more strategize.
    I'll have to check that out.

Soldier 95B
    Sucks, cuz I always watched them. Oh well. Glad to see IGN is on there.

Dedicated Member
    Even in the UK/IRL monday musing, inside xbox and other things are now hidden away on several submenu's. I forget they are even there. Even the cheeky grin of the chobot cant get me across all those menu's to see whats new. SUAM is good but again hidden.

Little wonder its being canned. No profile, no views. Get it on the front page.

Soldier 95B
    In the US, Inside Xbox is right up front in Videos. Not sure why they put stuff in different locations in different countries?!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Its on the video channel on the top right hand corner here in NZ. But yes there is much more emphasis on Chobot and her new blonder clone.
    I aint complaining.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Inside xbox is gone now replaced by IGN. Theres tons of gaming related game news and videos in the IGN feature so this is way better than inside xbox was.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Its not surprising that MS is doing things like this. They all do things like this
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Well it's now cancelled in Europe...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Soldier 95B
    RIP Inside Xbox. It was a great ride.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    Pathetic decision

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I really hope the guys form Sent U a Message land somewhere, they were by far the best thing on inside xbox.
    Only thing I ever watched religiously on it.

Last edited by mynd; 05-09-2012 at 23:32.

Thread Information