Latest PSU headlines:

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bought my first 3D monitor...

Just completed F.E.A.R (Great game) in 3D since I don't have any made-for-3D games ATM.

Anyone else game in 3D?

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

2. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I don't like 3D! But, good for you.

How's the general experience so far?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I game in 3D $#@!es! I LOVE it! I love the depth perception given by a good 3D game. The best out so far are Batman: AC and Assassins Creed Revelations (and Uncharted 3 but that's irrelevant unless you can hook up your PS3 to monitor) but yeah, those 3 games are amazing. Also, Bioshock Infinite will be 3D!

But yeah, many people will say they don't care for 3D, but I $#@!ing LOVE gliding through Arkham City with the depth perception of 3D. I think people expect 3D to be about $#@! popping out at your face which is totally not correct. To me, it makes games look more natural. Some games pull it off better than others though, generally they are those that decided on 3D from the get go. There are some lousy 3D games but yeah, the 3 I mentioned are tops...and Bioshock Infinite...$#@!ing hell, sky hooking in 3D $#@!es!! Welcome to the 3D family Vintage! There are quite a few PSU bros who have 3D all up in their $#@!.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    Just completed F.E.A.R (Great game) in 3D since I don't have any made-for-3D games ATM.

Anyone else game in 3D?
    Don't really care for it. IMO its overrated. Hopefully it dies a quick death.

6. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ^^ Not gonna happen

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    After finishing Zelda on the 3DS, I have to admit that 3D if done correctly definitely adds to the game.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ^^ Not gonna happen
    It will almost certainly fade and be limited to niche a market.
    I think all the studies show its been on a fast decline with limited content being provided.

It's possible when it goes glasses free but it wont last in its current state.

I have it and use it and to really enjoy it as an additional feature you really have to try and forget it. Because the novelty wears out pretty quick when you looking for that wow factor every time you look around a corner.
    But when you dont look for it and just let it be there going back to a flat picture can feel like its missing something.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    It will almost certainly fade and be limited to niche a market.
    I think all the studies show its been on a fast decline with limited content being provided.

It's possible when it goes glasses free but it wont last in its current state.

I have it and use it and to really enjoy it as an additional feature you really have to try and forget it. Because the novelty wears out pretty quick when you looking for that wow factor every time you look around a corner.
    But when you dont look for it and just let it be there going back to a flat picture can feel like its missing something.
    I really don't care if it is for a nieche market or not, as long as it's there for me! It won't die out though. I don't think there is a lack of content however. Sony will continue to push the tech, as seen by their recent patents. 3D is clearly a part of Sony's DNA. Not just Sony, Ubisoft is the 3rd largest publisher, and they have gone on record saying that they want to be a leading force in 3D content. TBH as long as they keep making Assassins Creed 3D I'll be fine. But yeah, Rocksteady, Ubisoft, Irrational Games...many people are taking note of the tech and it's cheap as hell to implement (Sony said it costs 0.5% of the games overheads to implement 3D). Just look at some of the games that are coming out in 3D...

Ghost Recon: FS
    LBP Karting
    Bioshock Infinite
    GoW Ascension (according to iwaggle.com)
    Disney Epic Micky
    Datura

And they're just the big name games. Also, I was at my electronics store and was surprised to see how many movies there are in 3D now, there was ALOT.

I agree fully with this. I really can't stand playing 3D games in 2D if I have the option. I will NEVER EVER play Batman, AC or Uncharted in 2D again, EVER. As you said, it just feels like something is missing. I don't like the screen looking like a painting, I prefer it to look more like a window into that world.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-03-2012 at 09:56.

Forum Sage

I've got a 3D monitor but I don't use it for 3D I use it for the 120Hz mode and playing upto 120FPS

When I eventually buy my 680 (or now dancing on the idea of getting a 690) I may try the 3D on a few games like BF3, F1:2011, L4D2(I love 3D on that game) but on the whole it's not something that I would use at all times.

Actually I'd try all the games in 3D but I wouldn't ever use 3D as my main way of playing games.

[Edit] Never having to use V Sync is another nice thing about 120hz monitors!

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Last edited by BBK..; 05-03-2012 at 09:47.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I cant see the 3D effect plus I already wear glasses.

I never use vsync on 60Hz monitor.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-03-2012 at 10:13.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    3D is great when done correctly. I personally hate the 3D tv's or monitors that require shutter glasses. Those suck ass in my opinion. I switched to the newer 3D tv that uses the Real 3D glasses you get from the theaters. The 3D experience is so much better and I can actually use the 3D for more than 2hrs without getting a headache.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    It's a much better experience for me when playing in 3D. Like, Ghost-Rhayne said: I can't play games in 2D if 3D is available for it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I've got a 3D monitor but I don't use it for 3D I use it for the 120Hz mode and playing upto 120FPS

When I eventually buy my 680 (or now dancing on the idea of getting a 690) I may try the 3D on a few games like BF3, F1:2011, L4D2(I love 3D on that game) but on the whole it's not something that I would use at all times.

Actually I'd try all the games in 3D but I wouldn't ever use 3D as my main way of playing games.

[Edit] Never having to use V Sync is another nice thing about 120hz monitors!

BBK. Tapatalking.
    When you get your 680 you'll be in for a treat! I've been now gaming in 3D with NVSurround playing games like F1 2011, Project Cars, Guild Wars 2, and quite a few others and it looks stunning. The best thing is that while Nvidia 3D isn't supported by the monitors, the 2D to 3D is exactly the same look as when playing with TriDef 3D software, so no need to use the software and let the monitor do all the work.

I'll post a picture of Project Cars and Guild Wars 2 in NV Surround when I get back from work.

Forum Sage

Hah - Thats whenever they get them in stock
    My friend is going to buy a 690 so i may save up for a little longer and buy a 690. I can't let him have a better GPU than me right out the box!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The 690's going to cost a fortune...

Oh here's some screenshot's btw.
    Anno 2070:

Guild Wars 2:

Total War: Shogun 2:

Forum Sage

Yeah, 839 is the cheapest I can get one for. You know how it is with friendly rivalry though lol.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Thread Information