Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rumour: Next-gen Xbox hitting manufacturing stage

If they release next year this might actually be true.

Work has started in Austin, Texas at Flextronics, according to a site source. Flextronics is also the same manufacture of the original Xbox and Xbox 360.
    We’re going with IGN in that the hardware being worked on now at the company is more to do with assembling debugs for developers rather than retail SKUs.
    “Xbox 360 has found new ways to extend its lifecycle like introducing the world to controller-free experiences with Kinect and re-inventing the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships,” said Microsoft in a statement.
    “We are always thinking about what is next for our platform and how to continue to defy the lifecycle convention. Beyond that we do not comment on rumours or speculation.”
    Flextronics declined to comment.
    Microsoft has already confirmed it doesn’t intend to show any new next-gen hardware at its E3 press conference a month today.
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/04/rumo...done-in-texas/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And the rumor mill keeps churning.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    yay! fall 2012 release....am down!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    yay! fall 2012 release....am down!
    That would be awesome.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    im done gaming this gen bc its such a waste of money and theres a slim amount even worth getting

6. Likes Hulious777, $Greatness$ likes this post
    Master Poster

the sooner the better, it feels like this industry is stagnating. Give them better hardware and maybe we can get some progress with some new game design.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I think only the dev kits are in development right now, if even those.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    This fits the timeline of them taping out the first chips a couple o fmonths ago.
    A dev is going to need 18 months with these to get good games at launch.
    Which would put launch at around November 2013.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The sooner the better...sooner a price drop will come and hardware revisions. I'm waiting atleast 2 years to jump into nextgen.

edit:Also, some more solid rumors about specs should be coming soon if this is true.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-05-2012 at 04:29.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The sooner the better...sooner a price drop will come and hardware revisions. I'm waiting atleast 2 years to jump into nextgen.

edit:Also, some more solid rumors about specs should be coming soon if this is true.
    For me it all depends on where the price point. If it is 299.00 it's a go if it's 399.00 or more I will wait a year .

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/.../3955380658-3/
    This could be the disc less 360 in production named Xbox Life.
    Last edited by The Sith; 05-05-2012 at 05:26.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    For me it all depends on where the price point. If it is 299.00 it's a go if it's 399.00 or more I will wait a year . http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/.../3955380658-3/ This could be the disc less 360 in production named Xbox Life.
    If its DD only then I'll pass. I want some type of physical copy of my games.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Sounds like this will be the 99.00 xbox360 with the subscription service

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I would have probably agreed but Steam makes it so easy to make you forget about the need for the box and disc.
    I don't know how well that system would transfer to consoles though.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I want to say the same thing but after my experience with the Vita and the fact that most of my games on Xbox are downloaded titles, I feel like it will become the norm for next generation due to convenience.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I don't understand why people don't believe that next gen. consoles will come out 2013 holiday season if not sooner like September.Yes it's not confirmed but it only makes sense.And when SONY said the PS3 will have 10 years life cycle that doesn't mean the PS4 will come out 2016,it means they will still support it until 2016 no matter when the PS4 comes out.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    For me it all depends on where the price point. If it is 299.00 it's a go if it's 399.00 or more I will wait a year .

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/.../3955380658-3/
    This could be the disc less 360 in production named Xbox Life.
    That would be awesome! I want DD for all my games!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I want to say the same thing but after my experience with the Vita and the fact that most of my games on Xbox are downloaded titles, I feel like it will become the norm for next generation due to convenience.
    Too many internet providers in the US impose bandwidth caps and the download speeds in the US are still too slow (remember next gen game files will be much bigger) for the next gen to be DD only. I believe there will still be physical media next gen but with DD options for every game like the Vita. Bandwidth caps will propably be DD biggest hurdle imo.

Soldier 95B
    In my area they have dropped all the caps due to competition. We are getting speeds up to 135 now. Loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    In my area they have dropped all the caps due to competition. We are getting speeds up to 135 now. Loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have 5mbps connection.
    Some parts of the world are lucky to have 1mbps connections. I think DD will limit the market too much

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Yeah, 2.5mb down 256k up here means when I download a full game, I do it overnight.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Digtital downloads are getting more viable so to not offer them is stupid.
    i have bought more games via download services inthe last 5 years than i have retail for PC that is.

I currently get 37Mbit down 8Mbit up with an option to double it for free but I read that people are having problems with it so I am holding back until its fixed.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That would be awesome! I want DD for all my games!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    i have bought more games via download services inthe last 5 years than i have retail for PC that is.

I currently get 37Mbit down 8Mbit up with an option to double it for free but I read that people are having problems with it so I am holding back until its fixed.
    They currently have games on demand,PSN also have some full games and at launch too and PSV. I don't know how successful the digital downloading services are but all i know is that they can't go fully DD any time soon,at least for a decade or something because there are so many flaws in it still. and just so you know next gen. games will be 25+ GB.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Too many internet providers in the US impose bandwidth caps and the download speeds in the US are still too slow (remember next gen game files will be much bigger) for the next gen to be DD only. I believe there will still be physical media next gen but with DD options for every game like the Vita. Bandwidth caps will propably be DD biggest hurdle imo.
    That's a valid point. I'm not sure how large next generation games will be nor how fast internet services will become in the next five years. I'm not shooting down physical copies for next generation but we're not too far from a DD only future - Or at least a heavely focused one.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Are you with virgin?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    not a shocker nor a new thing....

I came across this and it might shed a light or two on this

Exclusive: Next Xbox Pricing, Launch Window Revealed

All this week we’ve been telling you about Microsoft’s Yukon project, the follow up to the Xbox 360. It sounds great. Well, except for those plans about pulling backwards compatibility a few years in.
    Anyway, I’m sure everyone is wondering how much can we expect to pay for Microsoft’s next console, and when will it arrive.
    It seems like there was still a debate going on within Microsoft when these documents were created. In some places it suggests a retail price of $399, in others, $299. In fact, they bring up the phrase “$2000 PC in a $300 box” multiple times.
    I also questions whether or not Kinect v2 will be included, and how this will affect the price. Everything in the planning for the next Xbox suggests that Kinect v2 won’t just be another peripheral, but an important part of the system’s functionality, whether games make much use of it or not. Although I’m sure marketing wants it to hit shelves at the cheaper $299, that might be hard to pull off as a package, console, Kinect and all.
    Either way, it looks like they are trying to avoid the slow start Sony had with the PlayStation 3. Top of the line technology or not, people have trouble justifying $600 for a videogame system.
    Similar to their plans to drop backwards compatibility, they already have a rough outline of the price-drop schedule for the console, for both $299 and $399 starting price points. Either way, don’t expect to see a price drop before its third year on shelves, and then only by $50. The plans stretch out for the full proposed ten-year lifespan of the system. For context, I just landed my first real job out of college, and under one plan Microsoft plans to still be charging $200 for this system when I’m 35. Good luck with that.
    But when will this thing actually drop? If I were you, I wouldn’t hold my breath for news out of E3. Not anything concrete anyway. The documents strongly suggest the official unveiling of Microsoft’s next console will happen at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 2013. A quick search around the internet reveals that one date hinted at in the documents, January 6, is the date of “The Official Press Event of the International CES“, or the big official press conference day a couple days before the show officially opens.
    Actual boxes on shelves aren’t expected until the somewhat vague “holiday season 2013.” In other words, somewhere between September at earliest and mid-November at the latest. After all, gotta have them ready to go for Black Friday.
    So, you’ve got a year and a half to save up. Who’s interested?
    Link:http://nukezilla.com/2012/05/06/excl...ndow-revealed/
    Last edited by claud3; 05-06-2012 at 16:43.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information