Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Beyond Good & Evil 2 Development Confirmed by Michel Ancel

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is being actively developed at Ubisoft.

Michel Ancel is best known for his work on the Rayman series of games, but he's also well regarded for creating Beyond Good & Evil. Despite being one of the most innovative and well-written games of its time, it didn't sell very well and as such, it's managed to become a cult classic.

Needless to say, fans of the game have been clamoring for a sequel. Despite the lack of announcements, the game is supposed quite far from dead according to its creator Michel Ancel.

In an interview at the Toulouse Game Show in France, Ancel spoke at length about the new Rayman game, his thoughts on DRM, and finally, on Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Ancel said that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in development, but the studio can't announce any release date because they don't want to make any promises they can't keep.

"We are in an active creation stage and at this moment we are only focusing on the game and making it the best game that we can," he said. "That decision would just distracts us from that objective. I can say that it's a very ambitious game and we need some tech to achieve that ambition."

He was asked if the upcoming game took any influence from Mirror's Edge, as the previously revealed target demonstration looked every bit as kinetic as DICE's title.

"No, not at all," said Ancel. "We had this concept even before Mirror's Edge launched. And we have a different approach to the first person perspective that Mirror's Edge has. Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are closer to what we have in mind with the control of the character in a third person perspective.

"We use a very dynamic camera that shakes a lot during the action to add life to the camera giving the impression of an action news cover team following Jade. Maybe that could be similar to Mirror's Edge but the game itself is very different."

With the development of Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed, it's only a matter of time before Ubisoft announces when it plans to release the game.
    Source

I was getting a bit worried since we have hardly heard anything about this game since the 2008 trailer.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

2. Likes darksora likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Ugh, so many good games just sitting somewhere in development.. this game needs to hurry up lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I have bought Beyond Good & Evil from the PSN store but I haven't played it much. It looks cool game though.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member
    Awesome news! I remember watching that thing so long ago...

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Good to know its still in the pipeline.
    Doubt it will make it out on these consoles though. But I'm okay with that

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are closer to what we have in mind with the control of the character in a third person perspective.
    i like the sound of that

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I had forgotten about this..I assumed they would announced it to be properly in development after they released the HD re-release on PSN.

I fully expect them to include a free download code for that with new copies of the game...or LEs.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Thank Jesus Joseph & Mary Mother of Christ on a Sidecar.

Now that I know it's not dead, I can wait until next gen for it, especially since Ancel already said the game would probably be released next gen.

Shut up and play games

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I had forgotten about this..I assumed they would announced it to be properly in development after they released the HD re-release on PSN.

I fully expect them to include a free download code for that with new copies of the game...or LEs.
    Or they could just be really nice and put it on the disk so we don't have to download it

Thread Information