Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: MS burned me

  1. #1
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169

    MS burned me

    Yeah MS did me dirty. I took advantage of a 3 months for 12 dollar Gold deal and a month later (now) I go and remove my CC details (No, I dont have auto pay) and now they cancelled my 2 remaining months despite having already charged me the 12 bucks. Now I can piss 12 bucks but its the principle of the thing that has me fed up. But anyway MS has burned themselves because they have now lost my support. I'm going to trade in all my 360 games tomorrow and get some PS3 games. Hope the 12 bucks they got from me was worth it. lol I'll keep the console for now so I can rent Halo 4 and play the campaign and then return it. Rant over.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-07-2012 at 06:50.

  2. Likes Linconan, Admartian , dreams likes this post
  3. #2
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,056
    Rep Power
    137
    Hmm, that seems to be very unfair. Is there any grounds to remove a service that you have paid for?

  4. #3
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,367
    Rep Power
    168
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah MS did me dirty. I took advantage of a 3 months for 12 dollar Gold deal and a month later (now) I go and remove my CC details (No, I dont have auto pay) and now they cancelled my 2 remaining months despite having already charged me the 12 bucks. Now I can piss 12 bucks but its the principle of the thing that has me fed up. But anyway MS has burned themselves because they have now lost my support. I'm going to trade in all my 360 games tomorrow and get some PS3 games. Hope the 12 bucks they got from me was worth it. lol I'll keep the console for now so I can rent Halo 4 and play the campaign and then return it. Rant over.
    Sounds like either a glitch, either that or in the small print they added that you must have a valid CC?
    Either way you paid for the friggin thing, you should get it. Ring them and go ballistic mate.

  5. #4
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,118
    Rep Power
    80
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I'd call them up and $#@!, lay it on heavy and they may give you something to compensate.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  6. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
  7. #5
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,294
    Rep Power
    113
    Items Diablo IIIOne PieceGhost in the ShellLuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Surely you can call them up and sort it out?



  8. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    28
    I don't think they'll sort it out for you via phone, just go with the idea and get some PS3 games

    //nice rant btw.

  9. #7
    Elite Member
    TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    n00 y4wk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,498
    Rep Power
    42
    When it comes to XBL Gold, you're better off leaving your credit card with Bernie Madoff than Microsoft.


    Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!



    TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

  10. #8
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,219
    Rep Power
    84
    Items User name style
    yeah, their payment system is a little flawed. they've auto renewed my account (at a cheap rate i agreed to last year), but not been able to take the payment from an old card.

    i've still got an active gold account though
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  11. #9
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    41
    Posts
    11,654
    Rep Power
    138
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah MS did me dirty. I took advantage of a 3 months for 12 dollar Gold deal and a month later (now) I go and remove my CC details (No, I dont have auto pay) and now they cancelled my 2 remaining months despite having already charged me the 12 bucks. Now I can piss 12 bucks but its the principle of the thing that has me fed up. But anyway MS has burned themselves because they have now lost my support. I'm going to trade in all my 360 games tomorrow and get some PS3 games. Hope the 12 bucks they got from me was worth it. lol I'll keep the console for now so I can rent Halo 4 and play the campaign and then return it. Rant over.

    If it was a "deal" and not just standard pricing, then it probably has a clause in the fine print that says something like "when the term of the special ends your account will be auto renewed...blah blah..." usually followed by a disclaimer saying that if you cancel your card (read payment) before the end period, the deal is void.

    Not saying that is HOW it is, but before i went off on a rant, i would read the terms of the deal you agreed to. Does it say you would lose your access if canceled before the 90 days is up?


    My personal opinion is that they just have a glitch and a phone call would take care of it. You call and say you got screwed, likely (as my past experience shows) is that they can be pretty helpful. There is the chance you might get an asshole on the line, but most likely it will be some dude happy enough to either credit your money back, or give you a code for the remaining months of live you were supposed to get.

    If that failed, that's when I would rant.
    LMAO

  12. #10
    reaper of souls
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    108
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah man I'd call them up and say that your strongly considering not joining them in the future. They get paid to keep customers so they should hopefully sort you out.






  13. #11
    Apprentice
    cyclops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    64
    I think his rant is more to the point of why should he have to call. If he paid for it and there are no clauses stating that he will loose it if he removes his CC info (which I find assinine btw) then why should he have to waste his time? Are MSN going to compensate him for his lost time trying to straighten it out? Of course not, so now he has lost even more money if he has to spend time trying to fix it.

  14. #12
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    If it was a "deal" and not just standard pricing, then it probably has a clause in the fine print that says something like "when the term of the special ends your account will be auto renewed...blah blah..." usually followed by a disclaimer saying that if you cancel your card (read payment) before the end period, the deal is void. Not saying that is HOW it is, but before i went off on a rant, i would read the terms of the deal you agreed to. Does it say you would lose your access if canceled before the 90 days is up? My personal opinion is that they just have a glitch and a phone call would take care of it. You call and say you got screwed, likely (as my past experience shows) is that they can be pretty helpful. There is the chance you might get an asshole on the line, but most likely it will be some dude happy enough to either credit your money back, or give you a code for the remaining months of live you were supposed to get. If that failed, that's when I would rant.
    Yeah I called them last night and the guy said " I guess thats just how they do it." And no there was nothing in the print about having to keep your CC info or keeping autopay on. And I told the guy "well then I guess MS doesn't want my support anymore either." Whats MS fixation with wanting to keep my CC info anyway? On PSN I can type the info and make the purchase and then delete the info again all from the XMB without any of this drama.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-07-2012 at 18:40.

  15. #13
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Sucks when crap like that happens. Not enough to warrant giving up on the console though.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  16. #14
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,033
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah I called them last night and the guy said " I guess thats just how they do it." And no there was nothing in the print about having to keep your CC info or keeping autopay on. And I told the guy "well then I guess MS doesn't want my support anymore either." Whats MS fixation with wanting to keep my CC info anyway? On PSN I can type the info and make the purchase and then delete the info again all from the XMB without any of this drama.
    Report them to the BBB. You will get a proper response from MS.

  17. #15
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,816
    Rep Power
    198
    Similar thing happened to me where they had the Flower game as a "bundle" but it didn't mention that the bundle was actually just music and avatar.

    So I thought I was getting a badass deal of the game and the music track (which I didn't even care about to begin with).

    I lost $5...it wasn't the $5 that pissed me off but the principle that they should make it extra clear that it's not a game and something else...make the icons different for music and other stuff...nowhere on the item did it mention anything about just music/avatar.

    I called the guy...then gave up. I didn't give up on the console though.

    $#@! happens.

  18. #16
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Similar thing happened to me where they had the Flower game as a "bundle" but it didn't mention that the bundle was actually just music and avatar. So I thought I was getting a badass deal of the game and the music track (which I didn't even care about to begin with). I lost $5...it wasn't the $5 that pissed me off but the principle that they should make it extra clear that it's not a game and something else...make the icons different for music and other stuff...nowhere on the item did it mention anything about just music/avatar. I called the guy...then gave up. I didn't give up on the console though. $#@! happens.
    Well tbh I was already thinking of just supporting the PS3 and the Vita for my own reasons (which I'm not going to go into) anyway but this just made my decision easier.

  19. #17
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,306
    Rep Power
    136
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah MS did me dirty. I took advantage of a 3 months for 12 dollar Gold deal and a month later (now) I go and remove my CC details (No, I dont have auto pay) and now they cancelled my 2 remaining months despite having already charged me the 12 bucks. Now I can piss 12 bucks but its the principle of the thing that has me fed up. But anyway MS has burned themselves because they have now lost my support. I'm going to trade in all my 360 games tomorrow and get some PS3 games. Hope the 12 bucks they got from me was worth it. lol I'll keep the console for now so I can rent Halo 4 and play the campaign and then return it. Rant over.
    Sucks. Hate it when companies/services do this type of crap.

    Regardless of whether it's in the TOS or not, they shouldn't be doing it.

    Did you at least 'Unleash hell' on them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Sucks when crap like that happens. Not enough to warrant giving up on the console though.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Like rad says, it's the principle...
    Be Together - Not the same.



  20. #18
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    @Admartian - Yeah I let 'em have it with both barrels. lol

  21. #19
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Sucks. Hate it when companies/services do this type of crap.

    Regardless of whether it's in the TOS or not, they shouldn't be doing it.

    Did you at least 'Unleash hell' on them?



    Like rad says, it's the principle...
    If I went by principle I wouldn't have my PS3 or 360.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  22. #20
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    If I went by principle I wouldn't have my PS3 or 360. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Read my post above admartians.

  23. #21
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Read my post above admartians.
    Why?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  24. #22
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Why? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nevermind.

  25. #23
    Forum Elder
    NARCsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,844
    Rep Power
    77
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    dont be a $#@! about it they help they did me but after a 3rd xbox breaking i said fuk this

  26. #24
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,078
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    dont be a $#@! about it they help they did me but after a 3rd xbox breaking i said fuk this
    I wasnt until it became obvious that they weren't going to help me and that their attitude was basically oh well thats the way we do it.

  27. #25
    Elite Member
    jubeininja69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    60
    #1 rule never input your CC info into xbox. i buy gold and points codes from amazon back when i was using the 360. i only use it for single player RPGs nowadays.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.