Elite Member

I'm not good at first person shooters and it's frustrating

i like battlefield 3 but i'm not to good at it. my last game i had 27 kills and 60 deaths. i don't get how people are so damn good at this game. how the hell do people line up the target with their thumbs so fast and accurate? also i think unlocking weapons are dumb. all weapons should be available from the start. i also get killed a lot from people already unlocking the weapons and using them. if i had these weapons unlocked fro the start i would do a bit better.

it's frustrating. i do a lot better in call of duty but i like battlefield more.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i'm in the same boat. it seems you'd have to play it 20 hours a friggin' day to be that good. but i really love BF3

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I suck at BF3 and I'm solid at other FPS. I think it is just that game. Some people are just ridiculously good.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    instaleld Doom2, choosed nightmare and unredstood that all this gen shooters suck!!

5. Likes Hitomi likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The problem with Battlefield 3 is that once you learned how to play it well and you make a brake of about 2 months and return to the game to start playing it again you will have to start learning everything you learned once again...

7. Likes SynYster505 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    BF3 takes more patience than other games you cannnot always rely on quicker reflexes and better movement, you basically have to see your oponent before they see you, do that and you win 9/10 times.
    Try playing BF3 like Quake or doom or Half-Life and you die lots more than you kill.
    I lack the patience I wait and wait (maybe 10 seconds) then think $#@! it run out and blam kapow I am dead my KPD is less than 1 becuase of this.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-08-2012 at 09:57.

Elite Guru
    Big tip for Battlefield 3 is to move with your squad (or at least other players) more often than not. When I first got the game I would solo a fair bit and get punished quite badly. I then started working with my squad mates or other people I'd spawn with at the base and the game felt completely different.

The good thing about Battlefield is you don't have to be the best with a weapon, either. A medic can be very important to success without killing a single enemy, for example.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I was having the same thoughts. And it literally took me 6 months and 100+ hours of gameplay to eventually master it.

Now I'm coming up in the top 3 spots of a match almost every time. It really is all about getting used to its particular style I guess...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Big tip for Battlefield 3 is to move with your squad (or at least other players) more often than not. When I first got the game I would solo a fair bit and get punished quite badly. I then started working with my squad mates or other people I'd spawn with at the base and the game felt completely different.

The good thing about Battlefield is you don't have to be the best with a weapon, either. A medic can be very important to success without killing a single enemy, for example.
    squad work is good when all players focused on it!! without that is not squad work, you just run with each other. i agree about mastering the gun, but still its very important thing, you can heal, repair and do all other things, but still shooting is the main part of the game.

Dedicated Member

[QUOTE=jubeininja69;5822454]i like battlefield 3 but i'm not to good at it. my last game i had 27 kills and 60 deaths. i don't get how people are so damn good at this game. how the hell do people line up the target with their thumbs so fast and accurate? also i think unlocking weapons are dumb. all weapons should be available from the start. i also get killed a lot from people already unlocking the weapons and using them. if i had these weapons unlocked fro the start i would do a bit better.

Hi Jubeininja69! I can tell you this, I actually am a very good player these days but, it wasn't always this way. It just takes practice and patience! Oh, and teamwork. It is much better if you play with a good squad that communicates well and plays their roles correctly. Another thing I figured I'd mention, is that at this point in the games life, there are going to be new maps coming soon and if you really want to level the field a bit, you can always buy the unlocks in the store. I know, it will cost a little (Up to $40.00 actually for everything to be unlocked), or you can choose just to purchase the soldier weapon unlocks, the vehicle unlocks and so on, individually. But, like all other shooter games, it's just time and practice and you'll get better. I also played the hell out of BF, BF 1942, and BF Bad company 1/2 so I was starting at a little advantage as I had plenty of experience with these games. Now, COD is another matter altogether! I get owned all day on any of those games, because the people who play it religiously are really, really good by now! But, it's still fun once in a while! Good luck!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    it's a huge difference between cod and bf3 cod is more rushing getting kills and killstreaks with small,to medium maps whereas bf you have huge maps that are more open so you gotta pace yourself and take it slow you"ll get more kills that way stead of just running and gunning thats my advice for you i'm great at cod but ok in bf big difference for me to lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    I'm not so good at any shooter lol, get killed a lot in Uncharted and Darkness 2.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I'm not good at them either. I'm average at best. In Call of Duty my average kills can be around 15-25 kills and 5-15 deaths. In battlefield I rarely get any kills. One thing you should note about battlefield is that it's all about the points!. I was MVP in one match without killing a single player(I was medic). All I did was provide health packs and revive like crazy in Metro. That's what I love about Battlefield; You can suck at shooting things but you can also be a great asset to the team.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Battlefield Is a tricky game. Going solo is tough so try to stick with other players. Finding the right gun Is important. You gotta be comfortable with one. Try them all and see what you like. The right attachments can help a whole lot also. The game is not all about the kills. Like others said, you can do real good healing, repairing, giving ammo and doing what the objective says. Keep at it. Took me awhile to get good. Haven't played in a few months so I'm probably horrid at it now.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    So far in BF3 I've managed to get a 4.50 k/d mainly by just taking my time, being patient and always knowing which direction the enemy is going to be coming from.

Forum Elder
    Don't expect to be good from the beginning. Although I played a lot of BFBC2 when I first played BF3, I sucked. I like unlocking stuff but for you that want everything from the start, you can buy them off the store. With a lot of practice you will be owning too

El Presidente
    It never really matters to me how many kills I get. k/d ratios are a bunch of BS to me. I go for objectives and how I can help my team. Sure a few people on the other team got 30 or 40+ kills but my team won the game

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Overseer
    My tip:

1) Change your controller sensitivity. I like it lower...so keep trying until you find a good one.

If your crosshairs move too fast, lower the sensitivity. Mine's at 5 just for reference.

2) Know your weapons. Keep practicing with different weapons and attachments. (easy cheap trick is to know when to "slightly" hold down your right analog stick when you shoot full-auto, just enough to keep the spray at one spot rather than going upwards or downwards). Never shoot a full clip...which takes me to my next point:

3) Watch where your bullets go, they have tracers. If you go full auto for more than 10 bullets, notice what happens to them...and then understand why you shouldn't shoot that many bullets in full auto.

4) It's better to not move so much when you're shooting in this game...not unless you're in close range and you have a weapons that are designed for that.

5) Don't run all the time (you show up on the map) and it's harder to shoot when you're recovering from running. Try to aim at obvious choke-points...so you are faster than the other guy. Learn how to go in and out of aim to balance out quickness and swiftness.

Nothing else off the top of my head.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    i like battlefield 3 but i'm not to good at it. my last game i had 27 kills and 60 deaths. i don't get how people are so damn good at this game. how the hell do people line up the target with their thumbs so fast and accurate? also i think unlocking weapons are dumb. all weapons should be available from the start. i also get killed a lot from people already unlocking the weapons and using them. if i had these weapons unlocked fro the start i would do a bit better.

it's frustrating. i do a lot better in call of duty but i like battlefield more.
    I'm not good either so I stay away from them. But from time to time I'll hop online and see how many different ways I can die just for kicks!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    fap more

23. Likes Nick_Scryer likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The problem with Battlefield 3 is that once you learned how to play it well and you make a brake of about 2 months and return to the game to start playing it again you will have to start learning everything you learned once again...
    That's how it is with every competitive game though.

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Reducing the sensitivity certainly helped me. You do have problems turning around and surviving if you start getting shot from the sides or back though and you may have trouble tracking a moving target, so don't go too low. Burst fire, especially at medium to long range and move with others as you have some backup available. If you can find a communicating squad then even better. Play your role and the objectives and you'll get more points than just straight out killing (as it's been said kdr's matter alot less in Battlefield, it's more about the points and objectives). I'd say a good starting class would be either assault, or support as you can keep others topped up with ammo, drop health packs and revive downed team mates (revives give the same points as a kill). My kdr is rubbish, but I got most of my points by doing all the other stuff associated with the class I play, i.e. lay down medi packs, ammo, spawn beacons, motion sensors, take out vehicles, etc, and playing the objectives. Also, try out the different game modes and find one you are good at and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Plus in that time they've probably released a patch thet has rebalanced every gun and attachement. It was the opposite for me. I took a break from about 2 weeks after Karkand's release until the last patch and I found I was doing better. I'm putting it down to the weapons I was using getting balanced in my favour and custom servers with more tickets, so I have more of a chance of redeeming myself and longer to rack up role associated points as opposed to kill points. I even come out with a kdr of 1 or more occassionally now.

I still suck though.
    Last edited by RipleyExile; 05-10-2012 at 12:55.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Only time I am any good at a FPS, is when I am sniping.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    squad work is good when all players focused on it!! without that is not squad work, you just run with each other. i agree about mastering the gun, but still its very important thing, you can heal, repair and do all other things, but still shooting is the main part of the game.
    very true, when your squad works well together, you will kick major ass. had few games like that and it felt GREAT

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information