Super Elite

So Starhawk is out can you tell me about Multiplayer Progression?

Been looking at this title for aq while, played Warhawk and loved it, Now that Starhawk is out how has it changed? I want to know how is your progression handled?

Do you gain levels? Perks? COD style? or is it just build with the coins you collect? Is there an incentive to get better?

I'm looking to get my son into it since I loved Warhawk, but hes a Major COD fan and only likes that because he ranks up and can get MOABS and other kill streaks. Does this have anything similar? Prestige's? Whats the draw to keep you coming back?

Thanks

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfdad View Post
    Been looking at this title for aq while, played Warhawk and loved it, Now that Starhawk is out how has it changed? I want to know how is your progression handled?

Do you gain levels? Perks? COD style? or is it just build with the coins you collect? Is there an incentive to get better?

I'm looking to get my son into it since I loved Warhawk, but hes a Major COD fan and only likes that because he ranks up and can get MOABS and other kill streaks. Does this have anything similar? Prestige's? Whats the draw to keep you coming back?

Thanks

Stop asking so many questions and just buy the game. It's 100x better than warhawk. It's far from cod, but more progression than warhawk. There are perks you unlock with skill points. Not sure what you mean by coins??? There is rift energy you get for doing various things in the game and you use that to build structures. Seriously just buy the game, it's awesome.

PSN ID
    Pro-ModeZz
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Stop asking so many questions and just buy the game. It's 100x better than warhawk. It's far from cod, but more progression than warhawk. There are perks you unlock with skill points. Not sure what you mean by coins??? There is rift energy you get for doing various things in the game and you use that to build structures. Seriously just buy the game, it's awesome.

It's not better than warhawk, it's garbage. the game is noobed out. lot of noobs couldn't handle warhawk.

4. Likes Hitomi likes this post

PSN ID
    Pro-ModeZz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfdad View Post

Thanks
    Starhawk isn't good. spend your money wisely, not foolishly.

6. Likes Hitomi likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche Bag View Post
    It's not better than warhawk, it's garbage. the game is noobed out. lot of noobs couldn't handle warhawk.
    it's certainly not noobed out

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yourmumsface17; 05-11-2012 at 17:39.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    ignore him, dude smells of troll!
    anyways, im enjoying Starhawk alot! it can get rather chaotic. And dogfights modes are just so awesome. Love them!

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Your ass will be banned sooner thank you think with your troll attitude. Guess your user name fits you just right...

10. Likes Ghost , Beast of Bourbon likes this post
    Elite Member
    actually it is noob out cause I played the beta. The day of Normal vs Pro flight aerial combat is gone.
    now it just Transformer noobitron combat.

12. Likes Hitomi likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    actually it is noob out cause I played the beta. The day of Normal vs Pro flight aerial combat is gone.
    now it just Transformer noobitron combat.
    There's advanced flight and 2 other types I believe.

But as you have played the beta I will take your judgement, it is noobed out and is obviously a $#@!e game.

14. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Elite Member
    There's advanced flight and 2 other types I believe.

But as you have played the beta I will take your judgement, it is noobed out and is obviously a $#@!e game.
    not $#@!, just not Warhawk material.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just from your name its obvious what you are doing here

Veteran
    I wasn't a fan personally. I canceled my reserve after being in the beta.

While I enjoyed Warhawk I did have one complaint and its still present in Starhawk. Disappointed in on ground gameplay. It may not bother others, but I detest shooters where auto lock on targeting is a default setting. It removes any actual skilled gunplay and it becomes who can lock onto who first.
    Last edited by faaeng; 05-13-2012 at 02:31.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I wasn't a fan personally. I canceled my reserve after being in the beta.

While I enjoyed Warhawk I did have one complaint and its still present in Starhawk. Disappointed in on ground gameplay. It may not bother others, but I detest shooters where auto lock on targeting is a default setting. It removes any actual skilled gunplay and it becomes who can lock onto who first.
    Again I am pretty sure there isn't auto locking in Starhawk, atleast with the rifle, I have no idea how you auto lock on Starhawk?

Veteran
    Its easy to notice if your looking.

Just stand still and watch as the enemy crosses over your reticle. When close enough it will snap to them, follow briefly and snap back to center position after they walk by.

You can also strafe back n forth with your reticle on a stationary enemy. While your moving your reticle will stay pinned on them unless you move out of the lock radius.

No auto lock on for snipers. That would just be plain evil.

It was like this for the beta. They may have removed it for release but I doubt it. You can also turn it off in the settings but what's the point putting yourself at such a disadvantage?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Its easy to notice if your looking.

Just stand still and watch as the enemy crosses over your reticle. When close enough it will snap to them, follow briefly and snap back to center position after they walk by.

You can also strafe back n forth with your reticle on a stationary enemy. While your moving your reticle will stay pinned on them unless you move out of the lock radius.

No auto lock on for snipers. That would just be plain evil.

It was like this for the beta. They may have removed it for release but I doubt it. You can also turn it off in the settings but what's the point putting yourself at such a disadvantage?
    Really? I haven't noticed the ability to auto-lock, maybe I have it switched off? I hope you're wrong, I agree auto-locking was annoying on Warhawk and hope it isn't on still.

Can anyone confirm this?

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    not on from what i've seen, maybe a hint when you first target them, but not locked like the rifle was in warhawk.

also to the OP, a LOT has been tweaked since the beta, there are 4 videos on the starhawk FB page explaining the top 14 questions and how they have been tweaked. link below for you.

http://www.facebook.com/StarhawkTheGame
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!

Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Really? I haven't noticed the ability to auto-lock, maybe I have it switched off? I hope you're wrong, I agree auto-locking was annoying on Warhawk and hope it isn't on still.

Can anyone confirm this?
    I can confirm auto-lock, but it not do all job for you, also it useless against moving targets and also it has distance limitations

Veteran
    They must have toned it down some from the beta then.
    It was just like it was in Warhawk for the beta. That's why I canceled my reserve.

warhawk was better =(

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    i think people are still finding their way around at the moment, as to be expected on all the new maps. but i have seen successful tactics like driving jeeps around with gunners on the back to cause havok, sniping from miles away to weaken vehicles and hawks (i took a hawk out of the sky myself today with the sniper )and foot soldiers ganging up on tanks and hawks to take them down just like the good old warhawk days, and the game runs smooth as silk with all kinds of stuff going on so you can still focus on what you are doing, pretty good if you ask me.
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!

Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Superior Member

This game is nothing like COD or Battlefield or really any of the FPS. First off its third person and second has jet packs and lots of vehicle play. I hated the beta because of the auto lock and the poor hit detection. It was clear there was auto lock because I would be firing at someone and a vehicle would wiz by and it would pull my gun off them following the vehicle...I would then die. Worst concept EVER. I have never really gotten into games like this. I would wait for a demo to try it out for your kid. More than likely they won't like it.

Master Guru
    Starhawk is amazing. Just pick it up and you won't be disappointed with it. That's a TD guarantee.

28. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    This game is nothing like COD or Battlefield or really any of the FPS. First off its third person and second has jet packs and lots of vehicle play. I hated the beta because of the auto lock and the poor hit detection.
    and for me its good that Starhawk is nothing like modern type of shooters. it closer to oldschool games that is always advantage to me)) but bf and cod also have aim assistance, in bf3 there was many situations when my gut follow the enemy without any of my actions, and about flaws it hit detection i can speak for hours

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Starhawk is amazing. Just pick it up and you won't be disappointed with it. That's a TD guarantee.
    This. Starhawk is one of those console defining exclusive titles. It probably won't sell like a blockbuster, but it's a quality title that is a $#@!load of fun, $#@!ing awesome and very unique. Sony are lavishing amazing stuff on their consumers. This and TM will be my new MP staples.

Thread Information