Problem with game sharing on 2 PS3s

Howdy folks. Sorry if this isn't the right section for this topic. I had just downloaded Datura on my ps3 and told my brother to log in on my account with his for him to grab it. Thing is, when he tried it gave him the error that this game has been activated on enough systems. Nobody else got onto my account and downloaded it. I can't figure out why it won't let him activate it on his. Does anyone have some insight on what the problem is? Thanks in advanced!

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMackAttack View Post
    Howdy folks. Sorry if this isn't the right section for this topic. I had just downloaded Datura on my ps3 and told my brother to log in on my account with his for him to grab it. Thing is, when he tried it gave him the error that this game has been activated on enough systems. Nobody else got onto my account and downloaded it. I can't figure out why it won't let him activate it on his. Does anyone have some insight on what the problem is? Thanks in advanced!
    Your account is active on another PS3. It seems to be that it isn't how many PS3's have downloaded that particular content (like it was with the 5 system limit) but rather which two particular PS3's have game content activated for that account.

IE The first TWO PS3's that have your account and game content activated are the 'two system limit'.
    At least that's how it seems to me with my many PS3's

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Hmmm... I do have 3 ps3s with which my accounts are active on including mine. My thoughts were who ever downloaded a specific game from my account, the 3rd ps3 wouldn't be able to get that game. But rather say, a different game that I have downloaded on mine that the 2nd ps3 didn't download from my account. Does that make sense?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, like Rekmon said its the PS3s that activate, not the content.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMackAttack View Post
    Hmmm... I do have 3 ps3s with which my accounts are active on including mine. My thoughts were who ever downloaded a specific game from my account, the 3rd ps3 wouldn't be able to get that game. But rather say, a different game that I have downloaded on mine that the 2nd ps3 didn't download from my account. Does that make sense?
    I understand what you're saying but it doesn't work like that. The first two PS3's that activate game content under your account will be able to download/use your PSN purchases. I'd advise to use the Sony website to do a blanket account deactivation on game content for your account, then boot up the two PS3's you wish to share content with currently and activate game content on those. The third PS3 will still have your account but will only be able to use content purchased before the use limit was decreased to 2.

Sucks for us that have more than two PS3's. I own 5

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Don't know if this'll help; the limit is 2 systems.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Sucks for us that have more than two PS3's. I own 5
    Sorry if this is off topic but dude you must have a huge family if you need 5 PS3's lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If you can afford 5 PS3s you can afford to buy the content more than once. You shouldn't have to though but oh well.

Would it be enough to go under the other user account on my ps3 and deactivate the account and have them do the same - have them log in on my account from their ps3 and deactivate my account?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Best thing to do is deactivate all accounts here:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...m/login.action

Then activate yours and your brother's.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Sorry if this is off topic but dude you must have a huge family if you need 5 PS3's lol.
    Nah not really. I have 3 at home (Mine, my old 80gb that I put in my sons room and my old upgraded 40gb that is in my bedroom that my wife uses) I also have one at my mom's two houses that I occassionally stay at (she has two houses, one here in Cali and one in Wisconsin)

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If you can afford 5 PS3s you can afford to buy the content more than once. You shouldn't have to though but oh well.
    I've actually owned more than 5, but that's a moot point. And you're right I should not have to pay twice for the same content on all my systems, that's why I stopped at having 5...then they changed the rule. I don't really mind too much as 2 of the PS3's I don't really need to share my stuff on since my wife and kid have their own account. Eh...if only it was 3 activations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Best thing to do is deactivate all accounts here:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...m/login.action

Then activate yours and your brother's.
    ^ Your best course of action.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    this is an emergency solution, it can only be used every 6 months so it works but shouldn't be used for something light
    your solution of de-activating one then activating another then again deactivating should work, but it's possible the game will stay linked to the account, which would void any solution

Thread Information