Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

IGN RUMOR: Dead Space 3 Details; Co-Op, Weapons, Isaac Clarke, New Enemies

Major gameplay and weapon changes to come as well?
    Dead Space 3 will have drop-in, drop-out co-op, according to an IGN source's report. Isaac Clarke will, if players choose, fight alongside a man with a gnarly scar on his face, an engineering RIG of his own, and glowing red eyes peering from his helmet. During single-player, this character acts as Isaacís guide. Sounds like heíll need one: IGNís source detailed a desolate snow planet that sounds an awful lot like the rumored Tau Volantis, with events happening around an unidentified facility.

If this rumored information rings true, Dead Space 3 will also feature significant gameplay changes, new enemy types, and a revamped weapon system.

Cooperative Multiplayer:

The cooperative mode mirrors the single-player campaign, but Isaac's story changes to accommodate it. At one point in Dead Space 3, Isaac and his counterpart stumble, wounded, bloody, and missing chunks of armor, out of burnt wreckage together. In single-player, the same scene happens without the other character. While Isaac may have a psychological breakdown and experience hallucinations on his own, certain traumatic events don't occur with someone by his side.

Players will also work together (using telekinesis, for instance) to interact with pieces of the environment. In addition, you'll be able to share ammo with and heal your co-op partner, although there is no revive system -- once someone's down and dead, both players reload the last checkpoint.

Weapons and the Bench:

Alternate-fire in Dead Space 3 functions much differently than before, possibly because the workbench, where players previously upgraded weapon power, reload speed, and capacity, has changed. The Plasma Cutter, whose default horizontal shot changed to vertical, is an entirely different weapon now. Its alt-fire mode now has a similar knockback effect to the Force Gun. The Pulse Rifle features the saw-blades as a secondary firing mode. It's possible this is the default loadout for the weapon, but it could also point to customization weapon combinations within the new workbench.

Isaac Clarke:

saac's armor in Dead Space 3 reflects the slender, angular design of his Dead Space 2 RIG, which is reflected in his co-op partner as well. Crouching is one of Isaac's most notable new abilities, and it functions as his means of cover as he hides behind small objects. The left/right evasive roll is unquestionably the most significant change we know of in his new skill set. It appears Isaac is more nimble out in the cold.

Telekinesis functions in a more complex manner, as you'll be capable of rotating items rather than just holding them, which plays into Dead Space 3's puzzles.

Clarke is, of course, still struggling with his psyche, and experiences hallucinations of monsters.

Enemies:

Although Isaac encounters taller versions of Dead Space 2's childlike "Pack" enemies or a set of legs with tentacles in place of its torso, Necromorphs aren't the only enemy Isaac fights on the ice world. For the first time in the franchise, he'll fight human beings. Heavily armored soldiers pack guns and grenades to use against you. Of course, these guys become Necromorphs as well.

As he makes his way through open, icy areas, steel walls sometimes form around Isaac, and enemies attack from various angles. A spinning drill, like a lethal top, may also make its way onto the playing field, slicing players to pieces if they come in contact with the always-moving object.

One of the more spectacular encounters features Isaac shooting a spider-like creature in its orange-tinted weak spot, as well as shooting arms and protruding sacs. This big thing will eat Isaac whole if he gets too close, so he's forced to run around the arena and attack from a distance. It may also make multiple appearances -- it disappears into a cavern once it's taken enough of a beating.

Skyscraper-sized enemies may also come into play. During one scene, Isaac observes a massive worm-like beast bursting from the ice beneath a cliff.

Thatís quite a lot of big changes for Dead Space 3. With E3 less than a month away, we may learn even more shortly. IGN reached out to EA to comment on these unconfirmed rumors, but has not yet received word back.
    Source
    Doesn't sound that far off in my opinion.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Apprentice
    Seems pretty plausible. I hope they don't change it too much, though. And I don't like the idea of co-op too much. But if it's well done... I don't know. I think Dead Space should be single player ONLY (in the campaign). No co-op in the campaign. If they make separate co-op missions that are a spin-off of the main campaign - yes. But the campaign itself should be one player only. That adds a lot to the atmosphere. Walking alone through the Ishimura and Sprawl was great... please don't destroy Dead Space by turning it into a Gears Of War with strategic dismemberment.

I personally can't wait for DS3. I am a huge DS fan. DS1 and DS2 were great. DS Exctraction was pretty good. DS Severed (the DLC for DS2) was also good, but "nothing special". Not as interesting as the main plot, especially because of the ending of Severed... that sucked big time in my opinion. DS Downfall (movie) was nice. DS Aftermath was... ok, but not great. DS Salvage (graphic novel) - I just bought it - will read it in a week or two. Currently, I'm reading DS Martyr (book). There's comics as well, but I didn't find them... I'd have bought them, but I couldn't find an online shop in Europe that sells them.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    I am not a big fan of co-op in survival horror games either, but as long as its optional and not forced (RE5) I'm fine with it.

The feeling of going around alone without some other NPC/player trailing you gives you more of that horror feeling

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I don't mind co-op since the game is too action-oriented for horror anyway.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information